Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: World Press Photo award winners!
2/26/2013 11:53:38 AM

Miguel,

As long as I live I will never underestand

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2013 7:06:18 PM
Hi Miguel,

I wrote you a long answer last night on this one, and my pc shut down, just when I was almost down, and took it all away. boo-hoo.
I was saying that nothing makes me more angry then to see an child or an animal abused, how I could hate that person, but then I think I have to forgive them, because for me to hate them is almost the same thing as what they are doing. Also, mentioned how I have been trying to use the phrase of "Energy flows were attention goes." So I don't want my energy to go to this kind of episode so it has to change the subject to something much more pleasant. Praising our Creator for all the wonderful things that are good.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2013 10:38:46 PM

I am afraid that's the right attitude, Myrna. But you will remember Jesus Christ's words in Mattew 18:6, etc: "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones [...] it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea..."

I mean, there are multiple levels to understanding these injunctions and when I think of
abominations of this sort, I guess they also apply to them.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/28/2013 2:35:09 AM

After the crude previous scenes, the below awarded photo looks paradisiacal despite its neptunian nature

First Prize, Nature Stories: Canadian Paul Nicklen took this for National Geographic magazine. It shows Emperor Penguins, tripling their swimming speed to 30kph by releasing millions of bubbles from their feathers. These bubbles reduce the friction between their feathers and the icy seawater, allowing them to accelerate in the water

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/1/2013 1:35:12 AM
Another neptunian image of strange beauty here:

Third Prize, General News: This picture by Australian photographer Daniel Berehulak shows pine trees uprooted during Japan's tsunami in 2011 lay strewn over the beach

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!