Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: World Press Photo award winners!
2/22/2013 1:24:52 AM
Thank you for the great feedback, Roger. You sure are right on all accounts.

Here is another photo involving Palestinian children in the city of Gaza. Their natural innocence, which heavily contrasts with the ruins of the school that they attend to, has resulted in an image of strange beauty.

First Prize, Spot News Single: Palestinian schoolchildren walk between debris of a damaged school in Gaza City. The school was damaged when Israeli forces struck on a nearby building. This photo was one in a series of images by Associated Press photographer Bernat Armangue.

Note: Unlike the previous photos posted at the Yahoo! gallery, this photo can be found here.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/22/2013 2:44:54 AM

10_1_136.gifIt is so sad that children around the world grow up with images like these embedded in their minds. Wouldn't it be nice if tomorrow's child could grow up with images of schools being built instead of destroyed and people from both factors re-building instead of destroying?

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/23/2013 1:05:43 AM

Yes Mike, that children have to see such horror and what is worse, on a daily basis is both heartbreaking and a shame. It makes you feel like there is no hope for a world like this.

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2013 1:21:37 AM

Another disturbing photo - at least for me. The suffering of the bull after the prolonged torture is evident in the look in his eyes. They not only express extreme misery but sheer perplexity, as if the poor beast were asking its cruel executioner, "What have I done you, why are you killing me? ¿And who are all those devils watching us?"

Second Prize, Observed Portrait Series: Spanish bullfighter Juan Jose Padilla performs during a bullfight in the southwestern Spanish town of Olivenza. It is one of a series of images by Associated Press photographer Daniel Ochoa de Olza.

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2013 2:05:05 AM

The (un)natural conclusion for the bullfight images by Associated Press photographer Daniel Ochoa de Olza, but only as concerns the bullfighter's faena (series of passes) and of course the bull, as the last image will actually be one (not shown here) in which the bullfighter is carried out of the ring, among jubilant crowd scenes, on the shoulders of a fellow bullfighter...

Bullfighter Padilla aims his sword before killing a bull during a bullfight in the southwestern Spanish town of Olivenza, one in a series of images by Associated Press photographer Daniel Ochoa de Olza.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!