Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The Surrealist Phenomenon - SALVADOR DALI
12/29/2012 9:46:24 AM
Quote:

Dear friends, I would like to post, from now on, a number of paintings by Dali from about 1946 to 1981; I will be doing so by taking leaps from one another of several years each. I hope this way our tour will be more pleasant and variegated, but later on we may retrace our steps so as to make sure important works have not been missed on the way.

So let's start by showing two powerful images from the Greek-Roman past by Dali.

Salvador Dali - Double Image for "Destino" (oil and collage on panel, 1946)

Salvador Dali - The Colossus of Rhodes (oil on canvas, 1954)

I love it that Dali spent so much time researching his themes.

There is nobody better at understanmding perspective and above all, shadows.

Superb

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/30/2012 3:28:10 PM

Miguel,

Do you know about this Dali, "Oasis"?

Story link below

http://en.tengrinews.kz/art_and_books/Canada-circus-shows-off-long-lost-Dali-painting--14263/

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/30/2012 4:28:02 PM
Quote:

Miguel,

Story link below

http://en.tengrinews.kz/art_and_books/Canada-circus-shows-off-long-lost-Dali-painting--14263/

This painting is so cool. Dali paintings are so fascinating, the more I see the more I like his work.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/30/2012 5:04:11 PM
No Roger, I am seeing it for the first time ever. It's a wonderful work indeed and with Myrna, I find it fascinating. On the other hand, its huge size makes it all the more important as size also counts in these cases; its worth, too, must be huge at present.

I have just made a research into Dali catalogues of works painted around 1944 but there is nothing about it. There are other works in conection with 'Mad Tristan' but if I were to compare them, they are,
at least in my opinion, only minor works.

Yes, that work is awesome and I cannot thank you enough for your find. But I would like to see an enlarged picture of it, do you know of any?

Miguel

P.S. More info on this extraordinary work in page 55 of this thread

Quote:

Miguel,

Story link below

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/30/2012 9:12:11 PM
Miguel,
This is fantastic! So much of Dali's genius at one place!Thank you, and also warm thanks to Roger, Myrna and other contributors to the greatness of this place! Your comments are brilliant and I'd stay here may be whole night :).

Why I love Dali so much?
Dali is Sumo Wrestler over triviality and Jolly Joker in the sleeve of Sense & Life Creativity. He is philosopher and physician, also a great prophet. While great minds mainly live, being challenged by insanity, Dali was enough lucid and brave to never stop challenging (in)sanity. His personality was meticulously chaotic.

Here are 2 of his works which are among those with most powerful influence on me:

First of them already is published here :

Dali_Salvador-The_Anthropomorphic_Cabinet.jpg
The Anthropomorphic Cabinet

After studying it, I could clearly figure out how to get my life freed of already made ladders and how to live it on my own.

And second is:

"Marsha White in her normal and natural state: a wooden lady with a painted face who, one month out of the year, takes on characteristics of someone as normal and as flesh and blood as you and I. But it makes you wonder. doesn't it? Just how normal are we? Just who are the people we nod our hellos to as we pass on the street? A rather good question to ask - particularly in the Twilight Zone." -Rod Serling

And some more, which I haven't seen published here:

Salvador Dali, The Ten Commandments

"The Ten Commandments",

Copyright © 1980 Salvador Dali, All Rights Reserved.
Patina on Bronze
H:
25 3/4"
W:
20"
D:
2 1/2"
150 Numbered (1 - 150)

Salvador Dali, Man Kissing Shoe

"Man Kissing Shoe"

Copyright © 1968 Salvador Dali, All Rights Reserved.
Engraving on Paper
H:
5 7/8"
W:
4 3/4"
589 Numbered
various papers (1 - 589)
EA's exist

Recycling Girl In Sheep (16 x 20)

"Duck" 1918. (somewhat postimpressionism)

I apologize if I have interrupted a possible "order" in which you publish (sort) his works, and if I did it, please feel free to delete it.

Miguel, thank you once more.

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!