Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The Surrealist Phenomenon - SALVADOR DALI
12/30/2012 10:41:25 PM

Miguel,

I will search for an enlarged painting of this.

Branka,

Great contribution.

The silver one is very unusual.

I shall be looking closely at these images.

Roger

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/31/2012 2:02:07 AM

Ooops Branka, seems like in your first part you posted two pictures from your google email but it doesn't work with this message processor and they are not showing; and while your first mention, The Anthropomorphic Cabinet, is easily replaceable in our minds' eye,
I am afraid your second mention has left us "in the twilight zone"... grrrr (lol)

As to the rest, they are of course great choices. For example, I had already considered posting Reclining Girl In Sheep in a planned recapitulation of Dali's works, since I
have only approximately been following an order by year; I prefer spontaneity in this matter and, in fact, some works "want" to be posted at a given moment.

Anyway your post, which I thank you
very much, has prompted some reflections that I would like to ponder about: for example, did you know Serling's original, 1959 voice over definition of The Twilight Zone can be compared to the definition of surrealism itself by its French poet founder, Andre Breton, from his Second Surrrealist Manifesto exactly thirty years before? I have just found it after a rapid search:

Everything leads us to believe that
there exists a spot in the mind
From which life and death
The real and the imaginary
The past and the future
The high and the low
The communicable and the incommunicable
Will cease to appear contradictory

Another fascinating finding I just made here (in "May 11: Twilight Zone Day, Eat What You Want Day, Dali Birth Anniversary, Military Spouse Appreciation Day"):

Dali Birth Anniversary

May 11 is a significant date for the arts. Surrealist artist Salvador Dali was born on May 11, 1904, in Figueres, Spain. Songwriter Irving Berlin was born on May 11, 1888, and modern dancer Martha Graham was born on May 11, 1894. All three artists made significant and genre-altering contributions in their fields.

"As an artist, Salvador Dali was not limited to a particular style or media. The body of his work, from early impressionist paintings through his transitional surrealist works, and into his classical period, reveals a constantly growing and evolving artist. Dali worked in all media, leaving behind a wealth of oils, watercolors, drawings, graphics, and sculptures, films, photographs, performance pieces, jewels and objects of all descriptions," says the Dali Museum, where many of his works are exhibited.

At this point or, rather, finally (as I am afraid this post is getting too lengthy) I would like to show a fascinating work by Dali which I believe most nicely recaps this 'twilight' subject.

Hugs,

Miguel

Salvador Dali - Transformation of 'Antiques' Magazine Cover into the Apparition of a Face (1974)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/31/2012 7:51:32 AM
Quote:

Ooops Branka, seems like in your first part you posted two pictures from your google email but it doesn't work with this message processor and they are not showing; and while your first mention, The Anthropomorphic Cabinet, is easily replaceable in our minds' eye,
I am afraid your second mention has left us "in the twilight zone"... grrrr (lol)

As to the rest, they are of course great choices. For example, I had already considered posting Reclining Girl In Sheep in a planned recapitulation of Dali's works, since I
have only approximately been following an order by year; I prefer spontaneity in this matter and, in fact, some works "want" to be posted at a given moment.

Anyway your post, which I thank you
very much, has prompted some reflections that I would like to ponder about: for example, did you know Serling's original, 1959 voice over definition of The Twilight Zone can be compared to the definition of surrealism itself by its French poet founder, Andre Breton, from his Second Surrrealist Manifesto exactly thirty years before? I have just found it after a rapid search:

Everything leads us to believe that

there exists a spot in the mind
From which life and death
The real and the imaginary
The past and the future
The high and the low
The communicable and the incommunicable
Will cease to appear contradictory

Another fascinating finding I just made here (in "May 11: Twilight Zone Day, Eat What You Want Day, Dali Birth Anniversary, Military Spouse Appreciation Day"):

Dali Birth Anniversary

May 11 is a significant date for the arts. Surrealist artist Salvador Dali was born on May 11, 1904, in Figueres, Spain. Songwriter Irving Berlin was born on May 11, 1888, and modern dancer Martha Graham was born on May 11, 1894. All three artists made significant and genre-altering contributions in their fields.

"As an artist, Salvador Dali was not limited to a particular style or media. The body of his work, from early impressionist paintings through his transitional surrealist works, and into his classical period, reveals a constantly growing and evolving artist. Dali worked in all media, leaving behind a wealth of oils, watercolors, drawings, graphics, and sculptures, films, photographs, performance pieces, jewels and objects of all descriptions," says the Dali Museum, where many of his works are exhibited.

At this point or, rather, finally (as I am afraid this post is getting too lengthy) I would like to show a fascinating work by Dali which I believe most nicely recaps this 'twilight' subject.

Hugs,

Miguel

Salvador Dali - Transformation of 'Antiques' Magazine Cover into the Apparition of a Face (1974)

Dear Miguel,

I hope my second posted image appears now :). Lately, I am trying to successfully steal additional time from one "ladder" in favor of another, but it does not work always :).

My personal studies on Twilight Zone have enhanced my life immensely. It was the way to replace focus with zoom, a black-gray-white set with whole specter of colors, "fear versus dominance" predestination with a desired shapes of my inner and outer environment ... and Dali's contribution to each my step is just huge. He was painter, and I became a technician in the organic matter labs ...

WOW!

Thank you once more. Warm hugs to you, along with best wishes for New 2013 Year!

Love,
Branka

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/31/2012 9:35:33 PM
Dear Friends and Visitors, Wishing You All a Happy & Prosperous Year 2013!

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/31/2012 11:33:25 PM

More Gala portraits by Dali

Salvador Dali - Portrait of Gala (pencil on paper, 1941)

Salvador Dali - Three Apparitions of the Visage of Gala (oil on canvas, 1945)

Salvador Dali - My Wife, Naked, Looking at her own Body
(oil on canvas, 1945)

Salvador Dali - Gala Nude From Behind Looking in an Invisible Mirror
(oil on canvas, 1960)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!