Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: It's No Secret
8/14/2011 11:34:12 PM

Hi Sara, Roger & Jo & Deb,

I'm so glad that you all liked this. I received it in my Weekly Newsletter from my Friends over at Deer Lake. It deeply touched my heart, and I just felt that it was meant to be shared with my Friends. Thank You all for stopping by to share it with me and Deb, I never have any problem when you share good Music. The more the better.

From time to time we all feel Discouraged and Heavy Hearted. Here's another from Steven & Becca over at Deer Lake, also included in Today's Newsletter, that I always like to read again whenever I'm feeling down...

The Devil's Tool Sale

It was advertised that the devil was going to put his tools up for sale. On the date of the sale, the tools were placed for public inspection; each tool being marked with its sale price.

They were a treacherous lot of implements ...

Hatred, Envy,
Jealousy,
Deceit, Lying,
Pride,
And so on....

Laid apart from the rest was a harmless looking tool, it was well worn and priced very high. "What is the name of this tool?" asked one of the shoppers, pointing to it.

"That is

Discouragement

replied the devil.

"Why have you priced it so high?"

"Because it is more useful to me than the others.? I can pry open and get inside a man's heart with that, when I cannot get near him with my other tools. Once I get inside, I can make him do what I choose. It is badly worn because I use it on almost everyone, since very few people know that it belongs to me."

We are always out looking for a bargain, shopping all the sales that come along. Enticed into buying little needed or not needed items, because of the lower price. One point we should always remember.

Just because we can buy it..
Does not mean we should buy it.

The Lord tells us not to be Discouraged:

He gives strength to the weary,
And to him who lacks might He increases power.

Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;

They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.

Isaiah 40: 29 -31

Remember, We Never Walk Alone, He is always by our side.

Have A Bright & Blessed Evening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
8/15/2011 12:55:32 AM
Hi Phil, beautiful thread you've started here. Here is a video with a MUCH younger Billy Graham and Stuart Hamblen
(October 20, 1908–March 8, 1989) at one of the Billy Graham Crusades and another one of Stuart Hamblen singing "This Ole House". I have heard this song all my life but never knew the story behind it and neither did I know the story behind the song " It is No Secret" Hope you enjoy these videos and have a blessed week. :)
Quote:
"This Ole House" was inspired while on a hunting trip in the High Sierras with a friend. The two men came upon what looked like an abandoned shack, wherein they found the body of an elderly man, apparently dead of natural causes. Hamblen came up with the lyrics to the song while riding horseback down the mountain, and composed the melody within a week.[/quote]
I'm sure you remember singing this one in school.
I know I can remember singing it in school and at church too.
"Open Up Your Heart And Let The Sunshine In"

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/15/2011 1:46:37 AM

Hi Mary Evelyn,

So glad you've joined us and glad that you like this "Gospel" Thread. I miss the old days with the Gospel Quartets and singing that good 'ole Southern Gospel Music. Ever now and then, I still get together with a few Friends and we sing at Churches for Revivals and such. I can still manage a pretty good Baritone, or so they tell me.

Funny story about that. A Friend of mine over at one of the Country/Gospel Radio Staions over in Winston Salem several years ago arranged for me to appear on stage over at a Benefit Concert along with the Cathedral Quartet. I used to think that I could sing Bass, but that night, George Younce straightened me out. He let me know that I was a Baritone, or an "Illegitimate" Bass. As George put it, "A true Bass can go down below Low C level, and swim around for awhile."

Here's The Cathedrals singing This Old House and one of my personal favorites, A Wonderful Time Up There.

Thanks Again My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
8/15/2011 1:49:23 AM

Phil Thank You. You just brought me close to my sister today. When we were young my sister was Honored Queen in Jobs Daughters. "You'll Never Walk Alone" was her song. I lost my sister just a little over two years ago. I miss her dearly. Thank you for posting the link to her song. I know she's in a better place now and never walked alone.

The song following "You'll Never Walk Alone" also holds great meaning to me. Back in high school we had a friend who was murder and they played " I Believe" at her funeral.

You've really touched my heart today with all of these songs. Thank You!

Bless You, Deb

Lefty's Tails and Adventures http://www.leftygold.com Luxury Pet Furniture http://www.luxurypetfurniture.org Unique Personalized Gifts http://www.uniquepersonalizedgift.org DS DOMINATION http://www.dominateincomeonline.com
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/15/2011 2:11:26 AM
My little brother's theme song and now mine. Thanks for sharing the story Phil.

spirit in the sky Norman Greenbaum

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!