Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The Hypocrite In Chief Is At It Again
12/7/2011 11:01:15 AM
Hello Gaby, Jim, Kathleen & All,

It's so true that we all have differences of opinions and that is true in the closest knit families and in true friendships of many years. I told some of you that one of my oldest and best offline friends is a died in the wool
"social" left winger (he's very hard lined and right wing regarding security issues on which we're in total agreement) and we've had arguments that have gone on for years. Yet we remain the best of friends and would literally do anything to help the other.

Disagreeing isn't attacking as some seem to think and I can only assume that they haven't got the tools to support their convictions else they would be open to discussion.

Jim, the attacks on other sites is more of the same we were witness to here in the community. Nothing new in that aside from having new "protectors" now. I'm willing to wager that they'll see through her and her tactics sooner rather then later and she'll be a pariah there too and every where else she goes in the end. Possibly her only safe haven is the group on FB and we're aware of the reasons for that too.

In any case the healthier and more pleasant atmosphere here in Adland is a pleasure and hopefully here to stay.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:
Hello Peter,

I must agree with you, the atmosphere is much better than it was. I'm glad to see that Admin finally saw the light.
In a way, I almost feel sorry for her as she must be a very unhappy person within herself.
We will always have difference of opinions it's what life is all about but we can do it in an adult way. Heck my husband and I have a lot of differences but we're still together...lol...and I still love him.
I am proud to have you as a true friend Peter, thank you for your friendship.
Shalom

Quote:
Hello Friends,

This thread has been locked for a while but I decided to temporarily reopen it to express my thoughts on recent happenings and the changes I see in the community as a direct result IMO.

As many of you know by now Sara Gardner aka scratchycat aka the blow was banned /expelled from the community. I won't go into the reasons since I'm sure most of you are aware of them by now and I personally think it should have happened a long time ago but as the saying goes it's better late then never.

I noticed a few interesting things lately. Members who all of a sudden came out of the closet and admitted that they too had altercations and blow ups with scratchycat and a result learned her true character. Others simply described her in ways that I and a few others were claiming was the real Sara Gardner and not the facade of the caring and loving persona she tried so desperately to portray.

In any case I've noticed that since her "departure" the community's become a much friendlier place. Nothing's changed there still are political differences, and belief structures but they are discussed in a friendly manner that is conducive to lively discussions and make interesting reading.

Just my thoughts and I for one hope this friendly atmosphere is here to stay.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/7/2011 1:09:16 PM
Hello Friends,

I was looking through the posts at the bottom of my tool bar to see what Topics were being discussed and saw this one.

I think ever since I joined ALP and started discussing topics in threads - and there use to be some excellent forums with differing Subjects, some particularly on Religious / Faith / looking for Truth could get quite animated but this was way before the 2008 elections when the tone of ALP went very awry as there were very differing sides.

I reckon my late Mum and Dad knew what they were talking about when they cautioned their children about getting into discussions of Politics and Religion if you did not want a heated disagreement. LOL

I reckon there is no getting around this - because ones views are for one side or the other and you cannot or extremely hard to change your views once they have been formed especially without hard evidence to the contrary and sometimes even this does not sway one - We have to come to understand and comprehend our own Truth in our own time.
What I have found - members / friends really have our well-being at heart to try and inform, help, encourage, offer solutions etc

However, regardless of ones views and differences of opinions - we should still be 'adult' enough to agree to disagree because we are dealing with warm blooded human beings whom have feelings, even via computers as we let down our initial guards and make friends, we can still get hurt by what others say / assume / write about us. No one is immune to darts that do penetrate our armour after a while.

Amanda
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/7/2011 4:41:54 PM

Hi Amanda,

I think we who've posted in Michael's forum on Ron Paul are a great example of not agreeing and also not resorting to personal attacks. I really like you as a person, and always enjoyed your poetry, and I also really like Donald Trump (not going to change, LOL! and not a fan of Ron Paul, probably won't change unless he does, somewhat. I don't plan on stopping liking you either unless something happens to change that :)

I also liked other peoples forums on poetry, art, photos, pets, cooking, gardening, and most topics...and when people are online, it's about trying to get a sense of other people, without really knowing them, and hoping things go normally, and expecting situations within normalcy.

People will always think their own thoughts, and people say/write things we all don't like sometimes, we can't stop people from thinking, and if they don't know us, don't remember we all have families and offline stuff going on, and just think we're an online presence to be somehow conformed into their own way of how they think things should be...that's when things don't go well. Tons of complete strangers who have no clue of everyone else's life, can't really get a real reality-grip on online typing, some people gloss over, some people don't write much, some people obviously play to the audience who's reading the Forum Post History, and some people try to control an entire group in several ways, and that's what happened, the controllingness of one person became more & more obvious, everywhere in every way.

Dozens of onliners are not going to be controlled, especially not by a complete stranger, hundreds or thousands of miles from most of us, with different opinions, experiences, different era of upbringing from some of us, different location of upbringing, many past and current life differences, and especially different knowledge of marketing issues. Most of us wouldn't even allow ourselves to be controlled like that by a person in our real life, we definitely didn't like it every day online while trying to advertise and chat, and then it spilled over to other sites. Out-of-control control-freakishness, everywhere, all the time, that's a personality issue within the person, not an Adlandpro issue, not any site issue, it's the person issue.

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/7/2011 5:49:56 PM

Obama says capitalism and liberty don't work

It sure doesn't work out well for folks that never hold down real jobs. This fake has to go in 2012.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Rick Martin

463 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/7/2011 5:56:44 PM
Hi Friends,

As some of you already know I stopped being active in the ALP Community about five years ago over the toxicity present. I was somewhat burnt out and being honest probably had contributed to this as well. More recently I returned to test the waters and have found that all is well for the most part here. I was confronted and was put through a rigorous inspection as to my true ID even though my forums have been here all along.

Recently I found that many of my posts were missing and apparently took flight with the same member that gave me the problems on my return. I have not been all that active over at ALP Facebook and checking there I found that Sara Blow had blown the coop here and was Blowing over there. Meanwhile a group of people over there were licking her wounds and fawning over her. Looking over the situation I found that the majority of those causing havoc 5 years ago were doing the fawning. It was disgusting all the way from Greece to LA. Couldn't handle the two face nature of the discussion and have left that group.

I have noticed that things are easier over here now to navigate and I suspect that the fresh air here will help the community.

Always Ask What would Christ do and follow your heart.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!