Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The Hypocrite In Chief Is At It Again
8/9/2011 4:33:50 PM

Hi Friends,

I've been asked by admin to end the discussion in this thread. He requested that the person discussed here control herself and not bash and badmouth people without provocation and reason. We'll just wait and see what happens in the future. This thread is no longer active.

Shalom,

Peter
Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/6/2011 9:07:11 PM
Hello Friends,

This thread has been locked for a while but I decided to temporarily reopen it to express my thoughts on recent happenings and the changes I see in the community as a direct result IMO.

As many of you know by now Sara Gardner aka scratchycat aka the blow was banned /expelled from the community. I won't go into the reasons since I'm sure most of you are aware of them by now and I personally think it should have happened a long time ago but as the saying goes it's better late then never.

I noticed a few interesting things lately. Members who all of a sudden came out of the closet and admitted that they too had altercations and blow ups with scratchycat and a result learned her true character. Others simply described her in ways that I and a few others were claiming was the real Sara Gardner and not the facade of the caring and loving persona she tried so desperately to portray.

In any case I've noticed that since her "departure" the community's become a much friendlier place. Nothing's changed there still are political differences, and belief structures but they are discussed in a friendly manner that is conducive to lively discussions and make interesting reading.

Just my thoughts and I for one hope this friendly atmosphere is here to stay.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
12/6/2011 9:33:24 PM
Hello Peter,

I must agree with you, the atmosphere is much better than it was. I'm glad to see that Admin finally saw the light.
In a way, I almost feel sorry for her as she must be a very unhappy person within herself.
We will always have difference of opinions it's what life is all about but we can do it in an adult way. Heck my husband and I have a lot of differences but we're still together...lol...and I still love him.
I am proud to have you as a true friend Peter, thank you for your friendship.
Shalom

Quote:
Hello Friends,

This thread has been locked for a while but I decided to temporarily reopen it to express my thoughts on recent happenings and the changes I see in the community as a direct result IMO.

As many of you know by now Sara Gardner aka scratchycat aka the blow was banned /expelled from the community. I won't go into the reasons since I'm sure most of you are aware of them by now and I personally think it should have happened a long time ago but as the saying goes it's better late then never.

I noticed a few interesting things lately. Members who all of a sudden came out of the closet and admitted that they too had altercations and blow ups with scratchycat and a result learned her true character. Others simply described her in ways that I and a few others were claiming was the real Sara Gardner and not the facade of the caring and loving persona she tried so desperately to portray.

In any case I've noticed that since her "departure" the community's become a much friendlier place. Nothing's changed there still are political differences, and belief structures but they are discussed in a friendly manner that is conducive to lively discussions and make interesting reading.

Shalom,

Peter

God Bless Everyone
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/7/2011 3:15:18 AM
Hello Peter and Friends,

Yes, there seems to be a friendlier air since all this flared up. Glad to see it myself. But noticed her involvement still in ALP related groups elsewhere online some good some bad. Not sure what the end results will be yet, but spewing hatred about our members elsewhere still seems to be happening. I am happy to see the community of ALP opening up again to real conversation and sharing opinions and great information, without slander involved when someone disagrees with a position. Open conversation is the only way to seek resolution to today's world ills.

Great point there, Peter.

Quote:
Hello Friends,

Shalom,

Peter

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/7/2011 4:20:48 AM

Hi Peter and Everyone,

There's something friends do...it's called maintaining friendship, even thru disagreements, and we all know we disagree on lots of stuff, and not just in forums, I've spoken to a few ALP members on the phone...not you guys...yet...but a few biz associates and there are disagreements probably on a 50-50 basis, but we stay friends BECAUSE it's the better option, and because there's always good info we need, good advice, and future good relations.

I heard on the Dr. Phil Show a long time ago, they were having a marriage discussion, and he said something like...Keep your relationship up high on a safe branch above raging waters....so that's what I keep in mind during discussions with people that I'd like to maintain friendships with, and biz associations with...thru discussions about being pushy, boring, monotonous, that's not all me, some of it's what I say to other people directly to them and they keep talking/listening to me and when our eyes roll back to the front of our heads, pass that moment and keep going toward something better...what-ev-er...LOL...I can't even think of everything...arrogant? LOL! It's just a residual effect without trying...haha...we CAN keep our friendships above a tsunami, even daily friendly jabbing with a sharp stick, if people WANT TO keep their communications open without getting out of control and "burning bridges behind them" IF the other person/people are those they WANT to stay friends with and keep having conversations with, and getting to know each other like family, and keeping it within normal range, and not going off to "scrawl on a public restroom wall"...or on other sites...family doesn't do that.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!