Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: OIL SPILL - Responsibility
6/12/2010 4:43:41 PM
Hi Cheryl,
I am sorry that I upset you. I was merely trying to point out that this and other oil rigs were already set in place way before President Obama took office. You cannot place blame on someone that had nothing to do with negotiations. I do realize that not everyone shares my opinions and that is perfectly all right.
However, there are other points of interest that must be considered in the matter as well. Before the media blackout, when this disaster first occured, testimony was given by survivors of this disaster stating that there were problems on the oil rig three weeks before the disater occured. When workers reported malfunctions that could lead to further problems they were told not to worry about it. As far as President Obama not being a 'First Respondent' you seem to forget that the BP representative did not make his first T.V. interview until this past week. President Obama invited the family members of those who died in the disaster to the White House, took time out to remember those who died, and met with each of the family members. As far as I know, none of the Corporate members of the Oil Rig ever said anything at all about those who died. I guess to the big wigs, Human lives are expendable.
Finally, Has anyone ever visited the main facilities of any of these Oil Companies? Each one of them has stockpiles of oil products that can keep our country and all countries supplied with Petroleum products for at least twenty-years or more. They may not have the insight to prepare in advance for disasters, however they certainly have the insight to protect their investments. Oil prices around the world will go up dramatically, as well as gas prices at the pumps, however, in all reality, none of these companies are hurting for money or products. We all need to start living in modern times, not in caves. If there is a Petroleum company near you, take your cameras and videos, and take a country drive. You will see in their back lots, huge stockpiles of products saved for this exact purpose. No one ever wants to see someone loose their lives for any reason, however we are dealing with people that choose money over lives on a routine business. If you lined up the resources of Exon, Mobile, and all other Petroleum base companies you will find that all in all, there is enough reserve in storage that every single off shore drilling could be stopped for fifty years or more without the problem of running out of oil. Yes, people do depend on these oil rigs for a livelyhood, The mayor of Louisiana is in an outrage over the moratorium (not spelled right, must be an English word)on offshore drilling because the state depends on the revenue that it receives from the oil products. Although this is the worse manmade disaster there has ever been, there is something that could be even more disasterous.
If I had the money, and the resources, I would volunteer to haul off every single bag of Tar Balls that washed up on shore. If there is an entrepeneur with just a little bit of common sense, listen up!!! It is still oil!!!! There are at least one hundred by products that come from oil. This waste that is washing up on the shores and seeping into the Marshlands, is free money for the taking. It no longer belongs to BP oil because they lost control. It is nasty, it is smelly, and it is slimey. These are also terms that could be used to describe the Oil Cartells as well. Two million gallons a day. Two hundred people with pick-up trucks could haul off at least a hundred 30 gallon trash bags of slime and transport them to independent processing plants, that could process this waste into useable products.One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Case in point. About forty years ago, the United States donate millions of pounds of wheat to Russia. The citizens of the U.S. were up in arms saying that it would not leave enough for us. The Department of Agriculture determines how much wheat, corn, soybeans or whatever each farmer can plant. Farmers are not free to plant what they want, especially if they have had a bad year and had to take a loan out to save their farm. By doing that, they are at the mercy of the government. Each farm has silos where the wheat and corn are kept. Before offering another country X amount of product they first determine how much of a stockpile is on hand. We as individuals can loose our jobs, loose our land, and go without food or lodging, but our government is never at a loss because they control everything, especially the Petroleum stockpiles.

GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
http://www.countryvalues65.com

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/12/2010 5:09:30 PM
Great reply Sara
+0
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2010 1:32:57 AM
Yes Mike and two weeks before the accident someone in the OBAMA administration made sure that BP got an award for safety. OBAMA's administration did that. They have had people in his administration with close ties to BP, just like that prior administration.

They don't bring all these facts out in the open because they want to say they had nothing to do with it. If they had done what they could have to check it out, they wouldn't have given an award for safety two weeks prior to the accident.

I'm just tired of hearing Bush being blamed for everything. If you don't like him, that's fine but your statement that he continues to ruin everything in the world is something I think is a ridiculous thing to say. But that's okay...because it's merely an opinion that I don't have.

The Obama administration continues to point back to Bush for everything. I don't agree with many of the things the current administration is doing but I'm not naive enough to think that they caused everything that led up to all the problems...I think they are prolonging some of them, & once some of the new things the current administration has set to take effect, they will be policies that will prolong the problems we have with the financial markets and the economy worldwide.

I look at the policies of every administration and I am not smitten with any one person. But it's the economic policies that I take most issue with. That being said, I've said too much probably. But Mike, I want you to know that I am strong enough to stand on my own opinions and I don't have to agree with you and you don't have to agree with me. I still love you anyway.

Cheryl

http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0
6/13/2010 1:56:32 AM

Thank you Roger.

Sara

+0
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2010 1:58:02 AM
Great reply Sara.

thanks,
Cheryl
http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!