Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: OIL SPILL - Responsibility
6/6/2010 3:04:37 AM
Hi Roger,
Please accept my apology. Their are times (Many times) when my honesty can get way out of hand. I am just so amazed that after thousands of years, we have never learned how to use the brains that GOD gave us. Perhaps this may be able to sum up what I am trying to say.

Many years ago, my sister-in-law from a previous marriage had a house fire. It was one that could have been extinquished quickly, however her house sat on land that was half in the city of Taunton and half in the city of Raynham in Massachusetts. Fire trucks from both cities arrived. The chiefs of both fire squardrons argued over whose territory it was. My sister-in-law, her two children and husband stood helplessly watching as these two people tried to figure out whose responsibility it was to put the fire out. Before too much time went by, and without a drop of water being applied, the whole house burned to the ground. This is a true story. When are we going to put our greedy ways aside long enough to solve our problems? There are way too many followers and not enough true leaders.

GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
http://www.countryvalues65.com
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/6/2010 8:59:42 AM

Michael,

A brilliat analogy. This sort of stupidity happens all of the time. Remember Bophal in India, another greed story.

Maybe oil companies may have caps ready for the biggest and deepest of pipework, instead of having to take weeks to make one.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/11/2010 12:59:56 AM

At last the British Prime Minister has commented upon this apalling matter.

We (I am British) have a responsibility here. NO DOUBT.

Just remember this. BP has not been British Petroleum for a long time. There are more American directors than British and more than twice as many American employees than British.

What am I saying? No, I'm not pointing fingers, I'm reminding everyone that things have moved on since the good old SIMPLE days. Companies are now global and so are their responsibilities. Bhopal has been back in the news only in the last few days.

The livelihoods of many are at stake here as well as the planet. NOTE THIS 1 in every 5 of all pension plan investments in the UK are in BP. Btits have much to loose too. Maybe we will all become better observers in future.

My love and concerns are with all mentioned here.

Roger

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/11/2010 4:55:39 AM
Hi Roger,
It has been revealed that BP has 40% interest, the U.S. has 60% interest and the company is backed by Haliburton. Does that name ring a bell? We are being manipulated on both sides of the big pond. I wonder now how much interest George Doublya has in all of this. As you mentioned, this is a Global crisis. If we shut down all of the oil rigs around the world, the only people that would be hurt are the politicians that stand to gain through profits from theoil and, unfortunetely, disasters as well. This disaster has brought the world together in a common cause, but it is not a good one. The British citizens are not to blame, nor are the American citizens to blame. Not even the current administration to blame. I would place the blame on those from the last administration that signed the deal knowing full well that Haliburton was involved. Even though George W. Bush is no longer President, he is still succeeding in ruining the whole world.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
http://www.countryvalues65.com
(P.S. In the future, when you buy Tuna Fish in oil, you might want to check to see what grade the oil is.)
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/11/2010 9:30:22 AM

Thanks Mike,

Good post.

Politics aside. Why do folk have to go after The President when, if this happened elsewhere, I bet everyone would be asking for US help.

Solutions not blame are needed.

It just must never happen again.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!