Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
RE: POTW Feedback
1/13/2011 5:35:57 PM
Quote:

Barry,

When I nominated Gabrielle, there had already been nominees on the ballot many times with inactive forums last year. She opened a forum after not being put on the ballot for several weeks and then realizing that suddenly, the "forum" rule was then being enforced in December when it had been very lax in the months before.

Uninhabited forums usually just get filled with ads, the forum owners could at least post in their own forums, if it's an advertising forum, or start topics, being there would be good.

Hi Kathleen,

It is definitely something to consider. The forum enforcement was brought on by feedback by members who pointed this out.

This is what I mean by the eligiblity criteria being overburdened with so many clauses it will shorten the list down to a very few amount of members.

I don't think we should start over detailing each section of the criteria or this is what will happen. The other protection of course is our members are going to vote based on what they see from the candidate profile and it's unlikely that someone will win without some real activity at some levels within the community.

Regards,

Barry

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2011 12:28:09 AM

Hi Barry,

I have read all of the comments. I did not realize that so much animosity existed, as I haven't been involved in all of that.

I personally feel that a person should have been a member for at least 6 months, and have at least one active forum before he/she can be nominated for POTW. In one or two months you do not know much about a person. Someone may start with good intentions but then not follow up with their postings, or start spamming, etc.

I do not vote for someone I have never heard of. I do vote if there is a candidate I am familiar with and if that candidate seems to be a positive influence in this community.

How are we supposed to find out if someone has been selected as POTW before? I do not know who has had this honor before, so I have not recommended anyone in case they have previously been the recipient. I do look back for a few months of this forum to see who won, but there may be someone who won within the previous year. How often can someone be nominated if they already won previously?

Adlandpro is a big place and it is impossible to know all of its members. I do not feel comfortable voting if I have never heard of any of the candidates, as I would not want to accidentally promote someone who ends up being a liability to the community.

Thanks for letting us have input!

DonnaZ

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2011 5:46:13 PM

Hi Barry,

Can you please put this week's winner's Congrats thread in the upper highlighted threads? Thank you! http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2436443/ItsTimetoCongratulateGabrielleBrothersThe264thPOTW.aspx

+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/7/2011 10:44:39 PM
Hi Barry and Everyone, I voted for the POTW. Go vote. LaNell
+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts