Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Pet Stories
12/23/2010 11:42:19 PM
I am going to let you all know how the probiotics work for my cats. I was finally able to order it and expect it to arrive tomorrow.

What does anybody do for scratching posts? The ones in the stores generally are too flimsy for my cats. I need something solid. I have even considered making my own and just finding the right "log". That would require some help from my husband to anchor it to some platform so that is not very practical right now.

Has anyone found something that actually works? One of my cats has finally figured out how to use one of those cardboard things you put on the floor. She figured out she had to stand on it or at least put one hind foot on it. She likes to just sit on it now, too. The other two don't use it.

The real challenge is the one that was feral many years ago. I have to find a solution for her.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/23/2011 4:21:12 AM
I was chatting with Linda about our older cats and I got to wondering what funny things do your older pets do? They have learned to get what they want from us pretty good since they are older.

My 16 year old cat is full of curiosity and likes to explore. I don't let them go outside. When I clean she follows me around to see in any drawers, doors, or cabinets I open. She also can open drawers and doors by pulling them towards her. She can push them open too. So I have to go around shutting the lower drawers all around the house. When we were away for a few days, I had to tell the pet sitters how those drawers kept getting open because they didn't know what was happening!

At night she likes to get under the covers and put her head on my shoulder. Sometimes she has cold feet!!!

I'll bet your pets do funny things too. Share your stories.

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/17/2011 11:28:54 PM
It's always hard to lose an older pet that has been your companion for years. They all have different personalities and sometimes you have one that you really click with. (My oldest cat is like that for me. She has seen me through some tough times and is quite a lap cat.)

Sometimes things happen to younger pets and it really catches you off guard. Yesterday my best friend lost what may have been her favorite all-time cat companion. They were a perfect match. In a freak accident in the house, this fairly young, close companion was gone in seconds.

Even though I live on the other side of the country right now, I knew this cat and had taken care of her and the others when their "parents" were away. How do you console yourself when this happens to you? How do you console your friend who lost her perfect companion in a heartbeat? How fragile is life?

I am so lucky to still have my 16 year old with me. She knows she is special. My lap is hers and the others know it. She loves hugs. She is so fearless sometimes it is scary. She knows everyone loves her and why wouldn't they? She is special.

Katie was one of those very special ones, too. She was a small cat, rescued from starvation, and she will be long missed and always remembered.

Cheryl
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/17/2011 11:54:08 PM

Our dear old 21 year old Felix is deaf, has a problem cleaning himself. Has VERY senior moments where he stares at walls and wails but enjoys a play-fight with me, AND

HE'S RE-DISCOVERED FISHING.

He doesn't go outside very much now but when he does it is to head for my goldfish pond. He was caught this morning veturing onto the netting over the pond. Not a good idea for one who might have difficulty swimming or getting out. I just amire his spirit and can't get cross with him.

CAN HE MAKE IT TO 23 as that is the age of the oldest cat in Britain.

Roger

+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/18/2011 12:18:00 AM
Wow, Roger! Making it to that age is really something! I think my parents had a cat that made it to 23. Ninja is 16, and she sure doesn't hear as well as she used to. She likes high places and does pretty good getting there still.

She was supposed to be my son's cat. She adopt me instead. I did ask my son before I brought her out here with me, though.

She is a good friend and follows me around the house. She talks to me too, and seems to know what I want her to do.

We got her from an organization called Friends of Strays, a long time ago, as a kitten.

Cheryl
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!