Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Pet Stories
11/8/2012 4:45:00 AM
They are really a lot of company. I used to raise some quite a few years ago. I probably had about 35. My son helped me. We hand fed the babies and banded them so we could show them.

It was quite interesting.

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/8/2012 2:24:03 PM
Hi Cheryl,

I bet your birds were tame when people got them. I don't know why the raisers don't do that, I think it is just a profit maker for some, who cares about the receiver. Sounds like you and your son had a good time with the birds. lol-- no pun intended.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/13/2012 5:50:07 AM
Yes, Myrna, the birds are pretty tame when you hand feed them. We hand fed a few of the parakeets, too, but that got to be a lot of time and trouble.

Did you know I am still working on the flea situation? I should be here for a while now and I think I will finally be able to get to the end of it. I cannot let down my vigilance though, even after I think they are gone.

One of my cats has a flea allergy and she has licked a lot of her hair off. When it all grows back and stays that way for a while, I will know I have won. Of course I'll know I am close when I can go for a week without combing any fleas off of them.

What a battle!

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/13/2012 3:17:47 PM
Hi Cheryl,

You sure have had a battle, but I congratulate you for sticking to getting rid of the fleas naturally.
You know my cat did not get a flea this year, I did not see a flea, and he had nothing on him for fleas. He was outside too. I don't know why, but it was wonderful. I hope that happens to you too. Like Fleas begone.

I keep getting a little closer to this little bird, if I ignore him I hear about it. So I think he is coming around. He is so darling, I love my Freddie.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2012 4:38:19 AM
Hi Myrna,

You are doing great with Freddie. I am sure you will be best buddies soon if not already.

Yes, I am still fighting fleas but should be easier with just two cats. I am going to get diligent with that oil flea stuff from Dr. Mercola's site. I think it would at least keep them of the one who has the flea allergy.

You sure got lucky this summer with no fleas.

We had some sun here today but it was cold, at least for me. Low 30's in the morning. Our temperatures don't vary much even when we get sun so I think we only got into the low 40's today. Tomorrow we are supposed to have fog in the morning and sun in the afternoon. Hurray! Then it is rain, rain, and more rain for the next week or ten days. What fun! I got all 27 seed pods' worth of iris seeds that I crossed, planted. We'll see what happens. Hope I get some in the Spring. It will be another year before I get to see a flower to know if I got anything special, or good.

I am knitting although I still have some yard work and things to do in the house. I hope to get back to sewing. I just got a simple sewing machine. I am pretty rusty as it has been a while but I used to do a lot.

Let me know how you and Freddie are doing.

Cheryl
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!