Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
7/26/2010 8:53:45 AM

Phil,

Useful info.

Great food here.

Roger

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/27/2010 6:02:06 PM

Hello Roger & Friends,

Roger, I'm so glad that you can use some of this information. As I've said, I'm happiest, whenever my Friends are happy.

Also, as I've previously mentioned over at our Friend Donna's Let's Share Recipes Forum, a great place to visit by the way, and I hope you all will, I have a very good Friend who not only has been diagnosed with Celiac Disease, but she also has no tolerance for dairy products. As I've said, I do love my Eggplant Parmesan, however, I had always felt too guilty to enjoy it with my friend Brenda around. It's always difficult having both an intolerance to gluten, as well as dairy, especially when it comes to enjoying Italian food, so therefore many folks can't enjoy Eggplant Parmesan, and still remain gluten-free. That's why I was so glad when I finally found a gluten-free, dairy free, Eggplant Parmesan that everyone can actually eat! As I also mentioned, this Recipe is a little more time consuming to prepare, but definitely well worth it, if you're al all concerned about the good Health of those who you care about.

The following recipe is not only gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, meat-free, and sugar-free, but it also has the option to be nut-free. However, it is not soy-free, as I personally don't tend to have problems with soy, especially if it is organic, non-GMO, and gluten-free, Tofu, which is sometimes quite hard to find, but definitely very worth the effort.

Also, I know you're wondering, if it's that healthy, can it still taste good. While I may be a little bit biased, I think you'll find that it's delicious.

Vegan Eggplant Parmesan

Ingredients:

• 1 large eggplant, sliced 1/4 inch thick
  • 2 pieces of gluten-free bread, toasted and made into breadcrumbs
  • 2-3 tablespoons soy Parmesan (or ground almonds)
  • fresh basil leaves, chopped or torn
  • Extra-Virgin olive oil

Tomato Sauce:

• 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
  • 1 16-ounce can diced tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • ½ teaspoon basil
  • ½ cup vegetable broth
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • salt and pepper to taste

Vegan Cheeze Sauce:

• ½ cup extra-firm silken gluten-free tofu
  • ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
  • ½ cup vegetable broth
  • 2 tablespoons cashew butter or tahini
  • 1 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1 ½ tablespoons nutritional yeast
  • 2 teaspoon arrowroot or cornstarch
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
  • Pinch white pepper

Directions:

1. Salt the eggplant slices and put them in a colander to drain.
  2. Prepare the tomato sauce by sauteing the onion in a non-stick saucepan until it becomes translucent (you may use a little water if you like). Add the garlic and sauté for one more minute.
  3. Add the remaining tomato sauce ingredients, and cook for 15-20 minutes.
  4. Prepare the cheese sauce: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Blend again right before using to make sure that the ingredients haven’t separated.
  5. Rinse the eggplant slices and pat them dry with paper towels. Spray or grease a baking sheet lightly with olive oil and place the slices on it (you may have to do this in two batches).
  6. Spray the tops lightly with olive oil and place under the broiler. Watch carefully, and remove when the slices start to brown, about 3 minutes.

Assemble the casserole:

1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
  2. Spray or wipe an 8×8-inch Pyrex baking dish with a small amount of olive oil. Place half of the eggplant slices on the bottom of the dish, edges overlapping.
  3. Sprinkle with half the breadcrumbs.
  4. Spoon half the tomato sauce and pour half the cheese sauce over the breadcrumbs and sprinkle lightly with soy Parmesan.
  5. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients (reserve some bread crumbs for the top, as mentioned above).
  6. Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes, until slightly browned on top. Sprinkle with fresh basil just before serving.

Have A Blessed Day My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/27/2010 6:20:18 PM
Hi Phil,

Man, I got to get on this site, I love your recipes. This looks good too.
A couple years ago I made an eggplant dish and have lost the recipe, it was the best I ever eaten. Maybe I can find a good one again. Thanks, they both sound yummie.

Hugs,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/27/2010 9:56:34 PM

Hi Myrna,

I thought that you had visited here before. Sorry about that. By the way, before I forget, thanks for the Beautiful Roses. That's my favorite Color.

Glad you like Eggplant as well as I do. I try very hard to be a Vegetarian, and it's one of my favorite Vegetables. I also have a Healthy Crockpot Recipes Thread, and I posted a Pasta with Eggplant Sauce over there just a few days ago as well. Hope you'll click the link above, and stop by to visit.

Have A Terrific Week My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/28/2010 1:32:15 AM
Hi Phil,

I have been missing a lot here, I wonder how I ever missed this one. I have copied a lot of the recipes. They are just yummie looking. Well I am in now and will not miss all the cool stuff.

Glad you like the roses.
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!