Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Papas Kitchen
7/31/2010 6:15:23 PM

Myrna, welcome aboard! Phil, Donna and Barbara always keep me hungry!!

Borrowed Phil's graphic.

Sara

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/31/2010 8:18:44 PM

Hi Sara,

Thanks for stopping by to visit and as always, thanks for your kind Comments.

I'm afraid I'm a little late for today, However, since this is the Weekend, here's a little something that's fancy enough for a Sunday Dinner, but yet simple enough to prepare for every day. It's a seasoned Chicken Breast, stuffed with a cornbread mixture, and then basted with a plum glaze. It's just oh so sweet and savory, yet remarkably simple!

Savory Stuffed Chicken Breast with Plum Glaze

Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 pieces cornbread, crumbled
  • 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
  • 2 tablespoons minced celery
  • 2 tablespoons minced onion
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup chicken stock
  • 1/3 cup chicken stock
  • 1/3 cup plum jam

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Using a paring knife, cut a pocket into the side of each breast. Place into skillet and sear until lightly browned on both sides, but not cooked through. Set aside.
  3. Combine cornbread, bacon, celery, onion, butter, and 1/4 cup chicken stock; mix until well combined. Stuff each breast with cornbread mixture.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
  5. While the chicken is baking, bring 1/3 cup chicken stock to a simmer. Whisk in plum jam, and simmer over medium-low heat until most of the chicken stock has evaporated.
  6. Pour plum glaze over chicken breasts, and cook for an additional 10 minutes and the center of the stuffed breast reaches 160 degrees F.

As I say, it can be fancy or plain, depending on your mood. If you want to really make it fancy, try adding a Glass of Pinot Noir.

Pinot Noir is an often elegant wine that tastes just slightly of red fruits like cherries, raspberries, and strawberries. You might like to try Pinot with chicken, lamb, roast pork loin, duck, or with my favorite, veal.

Have A Beautiful Week My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/31/2010 8:38:59 PM

Hi Myrna,

I just couldn't let everyone get away without first sharing the little funny which you shared with me the other day, so here goes...

Since we were just discussing Pinot Noir, this seems to be quite timely as well. British Columbia vintners in the Okanagan Valley area, which primarily produce Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir and Pinot Grigio wines, have developed a new New Wine for Seniors, from a Hybrid Grape that acts as an mild anti-diuretic. It is hoped that this new wine will reduce the frequent number of trips which older folks have to make to the bathroom during the night.

I have been told that the new wine will be marketed as...

PINO MORE

Have A Happy Week My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/31/2010 10:01:05 PM
Hi Phil,

I do like the idea of Pino More, neat drink. lol

I really like your Papas Kitchen. It is perfect for you, fits you to a tee.

Blessings
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/31/2010 10:25:41 PM

Hi Myrna,

I so glad found us here at the Kitchen. Stop by anytime. Like my Granny used to say, 'Even if you come by Hungry, we won't let you leave that way. We'll find something to fill up that Hungry Spot!" I promise that I'll always do my best.

I'm afraid that I may be reaching that age where Pinot More may be my beveridge of choice as well. Speaking of Bathroom habits as we get older, that reminded me of the fact that some of our old favorite Singers have updated their playlists and have re-released their greatest hits with some new lyrics to accommodate their aging audience. Some examples,,,

Herman's Hermits "Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Walker"

The Rolling Stones "You Can't Always Pee When You Want"

Credence Clearwater Revival "Bad Prune Rising"

The Who "Talkin' 'Bout My Medication"

The Troggs "Bald Thing"

Carly Simon "You're So Varicose Vein"

The Bee Gees "How Can You Mend a Broken Hip"

Roberta Flack "The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face"

Johnny Nash "I Can't See Clearly Now"

The Temptations "Papa Got a Kidney Stone"

ABBA "Denture Queen"

Leo Sayer "You Make Me Feel Like Napping"

Procol Harem "A Whiter Shade of Hair"

The Beatles "I Get By with a Little Help From Depends

And my Personal Favorite...

Commodores "Once, Twice, Three Trips to the Bathroom"

Have A Blessed Weekend & Keep Smiling,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!