Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
7/17/2010 3:59:57 AM

Hi Phil,

Just stopping by to browse your recipes again. Keep them coming and I will try to get in gear and post some in your forum and mine.

DonnaZ

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/18/2010 2:41:23 AM

Hi Donna,

Good to see you again my Friend. I seem to be hung up on Soup here lately. I must admit, I have been eating a lot of soup recently, so I guess that's why I seem to be finding Recipes for so many good, nutritious Soups. Here's another of my favorites...

Savory Bean and Spinach Soup

Ingredients
3 14-ounce cans vegetable broth
1 15-ounce can tomato puree
1 15-ounce can small white beans or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 garlic cloves, chopped
8 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach or kale leaves
Finely shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions
1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine vegetable broth, tomato puree, beans, rice, onion, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting 5 to 7 hours.
3. Just before serving, stir in spinach or kale and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Hope Your Weekend's Really "Souper".

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/18/2010 6:08:42 AM

Hi Phil,

This one sounds like one I would enjoy so will copy it for my recipe file, which is getting quite large! You can never have enough good recipes to try out, though.

DonnaZ

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/20/2010 10:08:39 PM

Hi Donna,

Just as long as you all are enjoying this Forum and hopefully taking away a few Good Recipes, I'll keep it going. Just like in my Humor Thread, where I love to make people smile, here at Papa's Kitchen, I hope they are smiling because they are eating well.

Here's another Pasta Dish that I hope you all might like...

Pasta with Eggplant Sauce

Ingredients

1 medium eggplant
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 14-1/2-ounce cans diced tomatoes
1 6-ounce can Italian-style tomato paste
1 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/4 cup dry red wine
1/4 cup water
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Black pepper
Cooked penne pasta
Shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions

1. Peel eggplant; cut into 1-inch cubes.
2. In a 3-1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker, combine eggplant cubes, chopped onion, canned tomatoes with their juices, tomato paste, sliced mushrooms, red wine, water, chopped garlic and oregano.
3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
4. Stir in kalamata olives and parsley. Season to taste with pepper. Pour sauce over pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.

Have A Great Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/24/2010 3:27:46 AM

Hello My Friends,

Well it's been Hot! Hot! Hot! At least around here it has. We've had a constant string of 90+ Degree Days, ever since the first week of June.

If you're like me, you don't want to heat up the Kitchen, and you don't want to get dressed up to go outside to eat, when it's even hotter outside. Well Friends, here's the solution...

Here's an easy way to prepare your Baked chicken in a slow cooker for busy people! Put the chicken on in the morning, and you'll have golden brown baked chicken for dinner.

Baked Slow Cooker Chicken

Ingredients

• 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 teaspoon paprika

Directions

1. Wad three pieces of aluminum foil into 3 to 4 inch balls, and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
  2. Rinse the chicken, inside and out, under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and paprika, and place in the slow cooker on top of the crumbled aluminum foil.
  3. Set the slow cooker to High for 1 hour, then turn down to Low for about 8 to 10 hours, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.

Have A Terrific Weekend & Stay Cool,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!