Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
8/1/2010 4:32:35 PM

Hello My Friends,

For your delight on this lovely, sunny, Summer Sunday afternoon, I'm sharing one of my all-time favorite Recipes. It's a very simple recipe that has been in my family for years. It's easy to cook, and yet it tastes like it took hours to make! The Ground Round is first mixed with condensed onion soup, bread crumbs, and egg, then formed into patties which are browned and simmered in a sauce made with more soup and seasonings. This is one of those times when I almost find myself wishing I hadn't given up Red Meat. As it is, I usually at least make enough extra sauce to pour over my mashed potatoes. YUM!"

Salisbury Steak

Ingredients

• 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder

Directions

1. In a large bowl, mix together 1/3 cup condensed French onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and black pepper. Shape into 6 oval patties.
  2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties. Pour off excess fat.
  3. In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth. Mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder. Pour over meat in skillet. Cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To top off your meal in style, I would strongly suggest that you consider Merlot.

Merlot's the wine that seems to call out for you to approach it. Its' gentle tannins help develop a wine that's easy to drink, with rounded edges, and the lush fruit flavors of plums and blackcurrants, together with the aromas of eucalyptus and chocolate. Try Merlot with simple dishes like this Salisbury Steak, and you'll soon realize that it will also go quite well with that delicious Prime Rib, and even that Petite Filet Mignon.

Have A Happy Week My Dear Friends,
Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/4/2010 12:00:20 AM

Hi Friends,

Well it's Tuesday, and today I thought we would try something a little different. What kid, or for that matter, what Adult among most of us, doesn't like Pizza. Here's a somewhat Healthier Piza, but Shhh..., don't tell the kids. This is a Pizza with a little touch of style, thanks to the chopped tomatoes replacing the sauce, and the addition of Ranch dressing and shredded Chicken.

Gourmet Chicken Pizza

Ingredients

• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 Pillsbury refrigerated whole-wheat pizza crust
  • 1/2 cup low-fat Ranch-style salad dressing
  • 1 cup shredded low-fat Mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup chopped tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a pizza pan or medium baking sheet.
  2. Place chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until no longer pink, and juices run clear. Cool, then either shred or chop into small pieces.
  3. Unroll dough, and press into the prepared pizza pan or baking sheet. Bake crust for 7 minutes in the preheated oven, or until it begins to turn golden brown. Remove from oven.
  4. Spread ranch dressing over partially baked crust. Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese. Place tomatoes, green onion, and chicken on top of mozzarella cheese, then top with Cheddar cheese. Return to the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Have A Happy, Bubbly Week.

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/5/2010 12:50:11 AM

Hello Everyone,

Here's a little something for Donna, and all of the other Shrimp lovers out there like myself.

Large shrimp and chunks of artichoke hearts are covered with crumbs, then drizzled with garlicky butter and Romano cheese, and finally baked in the oven for just a few minutes until shrimp are tender and pink. This elegant dish is easy, quick, and delicious, and it will serve either 6 to 8 as an appetizer, or 4 as a main course over buttered angel-hair pasta.

Shrimp Francesca

Ingredients

• 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 (8 ounce) can (8 to 10 count) artichoke hearts in water, drained
  • 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon finely shredded imported Romano cheese
  • Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
    2. Arrange the shrimp in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Gently squeeze any excess liquid from the artichoke hearts, break the hearts into quarters, and arrange in spaces between the shrimp. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and parsley over the shrimp and artichoke hearts; sprinkle lemon juice over the crumbs.
    3. Melt butter with garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; drizzle the butter mixture over the bread crumbs. Sprinkle the top with Romano cheese.
    4. Bake in the preheated oven until the crumbs and cheese brown lightly and the shrimp turn opaque and orange-pink in color, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot.

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

+0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    8/8/2010 7:01:00 PM

Hello My Friends,

Looks like everyone's on Vacation, so in honor of the warm Summer months, today we have one of my all-time favorite dishes, a Tropical Tasting Dish that generally does double duty around my house. It is just as good vegetarian style, which is the way I prefer, but it's also great, when I add the Chicken for the rest of the family! The honey and mango lend the sauce it's sweetness, but it's nicely countered with salty tamari and spicy hot sauce. I serve it over either rice or noodles. Here, it's shown served with Penne pasta.

Spicy Mango Sweet Potato Chicken

Ingredients

• 2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes
    • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • 6 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
    • 3/4 cup water
    • 3 tablespoons honey
    • 3 tablespoons hot sauce, or to taste
    • 1 ripe mango, peeled and cubed
    • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    • 1 teaspoon cornstarch
    • 1 tablespoon warm water

Directions

1. Place the sweet potatoes into a saucepan and fill with enough water to cover. Simmer over medium-high heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
    2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken, and cook until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes; set aside. Stir garlic into the skillet, and cook for a few minutes, until fragrant. Pour in the tamari, 3/4 cup of water, honey, and hot sauce. Bring to a simmer, then stir in the sweet potato, chicken, mango, and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir until hot. Dissolve the cornstarch in 1 tablespoon of water, and stir into the simmering mixture; stir until thickened.

Have A Beautiful Sunday My Friends,

Phil

+0
    Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 100 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    8/11/2010 10:15:51 PM

Hi Phil,

My mouth is watering just reading the shrimp recipe. I am not only copying that one, but the Salisbury Steak and Gourmet Chicken Pizza recipes as well. All sound scrumptious.

As I mentioned in the JP Award forum, I have not been receiving my Adlandpro email again, so did not get the notice of the JP Award. Today I logged in to look at my email here and found the message from John. I saw your recipe link, Phil, so had to check it out, as I know you have wonderful recipes to share.

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
    Like us on Facebook!