Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
5/22/2010 10:12:03 PM

Hi Donna,

So glad you dropped back by and I'm glad you're enjoying the Recipes.

Tonight, I felt like keeping everything simple, so naturally it's Spaghetti night...

Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce

1 lb Ground Round or Ground Chuck
1/2-1 lb Italian Sausage
1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
1 small green pepper, finely chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 cup finely diced carrots
5 8oz cans tomato sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp ground sage
1 tsp dry parsley flakes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Brown meats in a skillet. Drain fat and transfer to a 5 qt crock pot. Add remaining ingredients and cook on LOW for about 8 hours. Serve over hot spaghetti noodles.

This makes quite a bit, so generally I freeze half of the Sauce for later, and it seems to taste even better the second time.

Have A Blessed Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2010 11:07:43 PM
mmmm I heard the Dinner Bell !
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/23/2010 2:57:09 AM

Hi Linda,

Thanks for coming by and as always, thanks for your Comments. Since you originally lived in AZ/NM area, I was just thinking that you may have been familiar with the Black Angus Steakhouse Restaurant in Phoenix, AZ. They also have locations in NM and CA, among other Western States.

I had some of their Three-Cheese Garlic Bread with my Spaghetti tonight, and I wanted to share this Recipe with you all even though it's not really within the realm of Healthy cooking.

As you all know, I usually try to make healthy food choices most days, but some days I just want something fattening and bad for me. A while back, a good friend of mine used to talk about going to the Black Angus Steakhouse Restaurant out in Phoenix, Arizona, just because she loved their three-cheese garlic bread. She raved and raved about the taste.

Anyway, I did an Internet search for Black Angus cheesy garlic bread and lots of websites had the recipe. Apparently it was given by David R. Ford, Black Angus Executive Chef to The Sacramento Bee, back in March, 1995.

According to my Friend, it tasted just exactly like she remembered. Crispy, cheesy, flavorful, and fattening. The only thing I change when I make it is to use two loaves of french bread instead of the one it originally called for, or use half the ingredients, because it was too much topping for one loaf.

Black Angus Cheesy Garlic Bread

2 Loaves French bread
1/2 C. Butter, softened
1 C. Shredded Asiago cheese
1 C. Shredded jack cheese
1 C. Mayonnaise
1 bunch Green onions, chopped
2 Cloves garlic, pureed

Split French bread loaf into halves horizontally. Mix butter, cheeses, mayonnaise, green onions and garlic in bowl, blending well. Spread the cut side of bread halves with spread. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes, then place under broiler about 3 minutes longer. Cut into slices & serve.

Hope You All Enjoy This,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/23/2010 3:44:13 AM
Black Angus Steakhouse Restaurant in Phoenix, AZ

Yes, been there before ! And I love the Cheesy Bread Recipe !
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/23/2010 5:41:00 AM

Hi Phil,

I popped back in your forum to see the cheesy bread recipe. My granddaughter and daughter-in-law love cheese so I will try this some weekend when I cook with them.

DonnaZ

+0