Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
3/29/2010 10:54:28 PM

Hi Gaby,

So glad you could make it. Would have been here sooner, but we had a Small Tornado touch down just up the road from our house, and I've been without power off and on since Yesterday evening. No one was hurt and our house wasn't damaged, Praise the Lord, but the poswer has just now come back on to stay for at least an hour or so.

Your pretty safe with the last Recipe. I follow the South Beach Diet guidelines quite often, and the Turkey Sausage that I use, is South Beach Diet approved, for all three phases.

Can't stay long this time, playing catch up, but we'll talk later I hope. For right now, I just wanted to Welcome you back, and wish you a very Happy Easter.

Have A Blessed Evening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/5/2010 8:31:20 PM

Hi Friends,

Well my Feature of the Month has passed by, and Easter has come and gone, as well as my Birthday, so now it's time to roll up our sleeves and start Cooking once more.

Everybody likes Chicken and when it's healthy to eat, it's even better...

Kickin' Chicken Chili

Ingredients

• 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 16-ounce jar green salsa
  • 1 16-ounce package frozen pepper stir-fry vegetables (yellow, green, and red sweet peppers, and onion)
  • 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
  • 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic
  • Low-fat Dairy sour cream (optional)
  • Low-fat Shredded cheese (optional)

Directions

1. In a large bowl, toss chicken with cumin and salt to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain off fat. Place chicken in a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in salsa, stir-fry vegetables, beans, and undrained tomatoes.

2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.

3. Reserve 3 cups of the chili; store as directed below. Serve remaining chili. If desired, top with sour cream and cheese. Makes 4 (1-1/2-cup) servings and reserves.

To store reserves: Place chili in an airtight container. Seal and chill for up to 3 days.

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/15/2010 9:50:54 PM

Hi Friends,

Let's hope that everyone will get a whiff of this Chicken simmering, and their appetites will cause them to stop back by to visit. I really hate eating alone.

Cream Cheese Chicken with Broccoli

Yield: 10-12 servings

Ingredients

4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 package (1 ounce) Italian salad dressing mix
    2 cups sliced mushrooms
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 can (10 3⁄4 ounces) condensed low-fat cream of chicken soup, undiluted 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
    1 package (8 ounces) low-fat cream cheese, cubed
    1⁄4 cup dry sherry
    Hot cooked pasta

Directions

1. Toss chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian salad dressing mix. Place in 5-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 3 hours.
  2. Coat large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 5 minutes over medium heat or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
  3. Add soup, broccoli, cream cheese and sherry to skillet; cook and stir until hot. Transfer to 4 1⁄2-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 1 hour. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.

Be Blessed My Friends,

Phil

Choose User first as the Author if present, then check for Blogger
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2010 5:36:22 PM

Hi Friends,

Just realized that I've been away from here for awhile and have been remiss in adding a Recipe or two, so here's one of my Very Favorites...

Barbecued Pulled Pork

Ingredients:
1 boneless pork shoulder or butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper

1 medium onion, thinly sliced

1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips

1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

Sandwich rolls or hot cooked rice
Preparation:
1.Trim excess fat from pork. Combine salt, cumin, paprika, black pepper and red pepper in small bowl; rub over roast.

2.Place onion and bell pepper in 5-quart slow cooker; add pork. Combine barbecue sauce and brown sugar in medium bowl; pour over meat. Cover; cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours.

3.Transfer roast to cutting board. Trim and discard remaining fat from roast. Pull pork into coarse shreds using 2 forks. Delicious either served with sauce on sandwich rolls or my favorite way, over rice.
Have A Terrific Week,
Phil

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2010 5:18:39 AM
Sounds yummy, Phil, another keeper.

DonnaZ
+0

facebook