Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
2/26/2010 3:48:04 AM
I love cooking with lots of onion, garlic and herbs ! Much healthier than the salt we all need to stay away from. I do use sea salt instead of processed salt ...
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 4:39:16 AM
Get your crockpot and cut up a pound of chicken breast, garlic, onion, a few pinches of parsley, a pinch of oregano, a pinch of sea salt, 4 cups of organic or free range chicken broth (how they ran them down and squezed them into that broth I will never know)

Let it simmer for a few hours ! Fix a pot of rice (awesome if you have a rice cooker)

You can spoon it over a bowl of rice ... or scoop up a bowl of the chicken and add a spoonful of rice, for chicken and rice soup !

mmmmm so good on a cold winter day !

:-)
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 4:57:15 AM

Hi Judy,

So glad you could stop by for a visit. I love to use my Crock Pot, but I have to redo almost all of the Recipes. I honestly have not used Salt in my Cooking since the 1970's, back when I was seling Salad Master Cookware, you know the Tri-Ply Stainless Steel, but canned and packaged Foods all have far too much Salt in them already. And, don't even get me started on Packaged Lunch Meats. I make sandwiches on Whole Wheat bread for the boys at lunch, but I buy my Meat at the Deli and have them slice it, rather than buying the packages. It's also cheaper in the long run.

I love cooking and I love swapping Recipes. Hope this Forum can go on for a long time. I'll probably add desserts and a few other things as I go along. I still talk to BettyBoop by email, but I haven't heard from Valerie in ages. Hope she's still doing well..

I'll stop back tomorrow with a few more Crock Pot Recipes. Maybe a Bean Medley. That's always good for Snowy Days. Right now my tired old eyes are trying to tell me something, and I think it's Good Night.

Have A Blessed & Peaceful Evening My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 6:06:50 AM

This should be a good forum, Phil. We can trade recipes. Thanks for sending the link.

DonnaZ

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2010 4:05:20 PM

Hi Linda,

Sounds delicious. Gonna have to try it soon.

Speaking of running those Chickens down, I used to have to do that. We raised Chickens out in the Country where I grew up and I actually had to catch the Evening meal sometimes. Fortunately, most of the time I didn't have to wring their necks, but a couple of times I did. To this day I sometimes can't stand to work with a Whole Chicken, just have to stick with the parts or the Breast Filets.

Thanks Again For The Great Recipe,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!