Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
8/8/2010 9:02:00 PM

Great recipes, Phil!! Thank you. Will have to try some of these.

Roger, beans are a stable here in Kansas. Not sure what we would do without them. Ham and beans is a favorite.

Hope everyone has had a great Sunday!

Sara

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/9/2010 10:46:35 PM

Hello Roger & Sara,

Roger, that's so sad. Being a struggling Vegetarian, I would be lost without my Beans, that's my Protein, don't you know. I agree with Sara, and I think she would agree with me, having been from the South originally. The staple items down here have always been "Beans & Taters".

Anyway, you all can have meat after all, so here's a little something you might like...

Sour Cream Pork Chops

Ingredients

• 6 pork chops
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • garlic powder to taste
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 large onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
  • 2 cubes chicken bouillon
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream

Directions

1. Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and then dredge in 1/2 cup flour. In a skillet over medium heat, lightly brown chops in a small amount of oil.
  2. Place chops in slow cooker, and top with onion slices. Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water and pour over chops. Cover, and cook on Low 7 to 8 hours.
  3. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
  4. After the chops have cooked, transfer chops to the oven to keep warm. Be careful, the chops are so tender they will fall apart. In a small bowl, blend 2 tablespoons flour with the sour cream; mix into meat juices. Turn slow cooker to High for 15 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve sauce over pork chops.

Have A Terrific Week My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/10/2010 7:36:19 AM

Phil,

Sour Cream Pork Chops

That sounds like a great pork recipe.

I'm a fussy meat eater. Steak is wasted on me because it has to be incinerated and then becomes a little like cardboard. Crockpot cooking means I get the flavour and the well cooked texture, so, if this pork falls apart GREAT.

Thanks for the alternatives

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/14/2010 3:23:12 AM

Hi Roger,

Here's another Crockpot creation that I absolutely love, this time using Chicken. I must admit, it also has some Beans, however perhaps between the Chicken & the Chilis, your Wife won't notice that they are there.

This satisfying slow-simmered chili features Chicken, two kinds of beans and crunchy corn. It's quick, easy and tastes great, and it's a real family favorite, one that we enjoy with some home-made corn bread.

Slow-Cooked White Chili

Ingredients

• 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney or cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
  • 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin

Directions

1. In a large skillet, saute chicken, onion and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Transfer to a slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken juices run clear and flavors are blended.

Have A Super Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/16/2010 8:31:17 PM

Hello My Friends,

This happens to be one of my very favorite Crockpot Recipes.

Pork tenderloin is a very versatile piece of meat. It can be cooked quickly such as pan-seared, or as I prefer, cooked slowly in a crock pot. It also goes quite well with a variety of flavors such as apples, mushrooms, sweet and sour, bbq and more. Here's a little something I hope you all might like.

Apple-icious Pork Tenderloins Recipe

Ingredients:

2 pork tenderloins (1 1/2 to 2 lbs total)
1 large onion, halved and cut in 1/4-inch slices
2 apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons apple jelly
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in the crockpot (brown pork first, if desired); Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.

Serve with rice.

Have A Bright & Happy Week,

Phil

+0