Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Misty Hickox

128 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The scammers are gathering after Katrina.
9/2/2005 11:11:39 PM
I have a great word for people like that!!!!
+0
9/2/2005 11:22:57 PM
Hello All, I have sent messages to all at AdlandPro that there is a link on my WebSite so that they may give a donation to the American Red Cross. I have also included the email from the American Red Cross thanking me for my donation & support. So please everyone, go to my website site if you have not already done so, & help these Victims of Hurricane Katrina PLEASE! Your Friend, Sweetgrame (Roz)
+0
9/3/2005 12:11:18 AM
Hello My Friend, Thanks so much for the invite and for the 'heads up' on theses people! People are sick...as if the aftermath of hurricane isn't enough to deal with! Then you have jerks like this that want to try to take advantage of a bad situation! People like that make me ill! Good Lookin' Out! Marilyn
Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
David G Smith

97 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/3/2005 3:57:42 AM
Anthony... On the 1st of September to the 7th, I have pledged to donate 100% of all the money I earned from credit/advertising/upgrade packages from my site, www.Hit-My-Site.com, split between 'The Salvation Army' and 'The American Red Cross. "Does that make me a scumbag???" After the 7th and through the rest of September, I have pledged to donate 25% of all that I earn from that stated above. "Does that make me a scumbag???" So far, as a direct result of this pledge, I have been able to donate a total of $82.00 to each charity. "Does that make me a scumbag???" Out of my own persoanl profits from my other businesses, I have donated a total of $250.00 to each of the two chariries. "Does that make me a scumbag???" Me and 11 other volunteer business owners freely gave up our time yesterday and through most of the night, to fill up five 40' foot containers on the backs of articulated lorries, with water, food, bedding and clothes, all paid for out of our own pockets and donations from other businesses, only to have them turned away at the airport (I'll be posting about that later). "Does that make us all scumbags???" Well, if it does, I will never donate another penny or feel charitable towards any other cause ever again...
+0
9/3/2005 2:52:49 PM
David. In no way was this post directed at you, & I am sorry if you took it that way. it was an email I received & posted BEFORE! you posted your thread on your forum. The actual email has been circulating the Internet for a few days now & a number of other members of the Adlandpro community have been posting it on their forum's, also before this post & possibly around the same time as your original forum post. You are to be highly congratulaed on the effort of yourself, with your business partners to fill the 'artic' as 18 wheelers are known in the UK. For what reason it was turned away from a UK airport is a total mystery, to which maybe the airport concerned could better answer.

The whole point of my original post was to inform the members of Adlandpro, of what was already happening.

If you think this is a personal attack on you, then I am sorry, I am many things but not psychic, nor is the editor of the original email in knowing that you would be making the offer to donate 25% of your earnings from the traffic site, two or more days after he sent out the email

I did post to your moderated forum after this post had already been seen by the members here at Adlandpro, I applauded you on all the links to charities that you listed for members to make their donations to without being scammed by the con artists who would be putting up fake charity sites. I even gave you another link to add to the list.

I did say that maybe it was not a good idea to say that you would donate whatever you earned from members joining up at your InstantBuzz link, as I had already posted this thread at this forum & a lot of the members had already seen it. So I thought that possibly it might not be a good idea to state what you intended to do, as it might be taken in the wrong context.
Which I gather by your response here & your new thread in your forum, that this might be the case.

Once again, I appologise if you think this post is a personal attack on you. It is just an unfortunate coincidence that you made your offer, AFTER this warning email was in circulation.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!