Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The scammers are gathering after Katrina.
9/2/2005 12:19:26 PM
Hi everyone. I am posting a portion of an email I received from an Internet collegue who is rightly annoyed at some of the scam emails he has received from 'so called' concerned citizens after the devasting loss of life & horrendous damage caused by the worst hurricane to hit the American mainland; Katrina. His language is a bit 'Adult' but I left it in so the members can see the outrage he feels about the sort of individuals who are trying to con us. These are his words, he is visibly upset. --------------------------------------------- I normally don't write about to you especially about things like this, but sometimes you have to speak up about things that are just plain wrong! I have been watching the news about Hurricane Katrina as I am sure you have been too. My heart goes out to these people and I pray they get the assitance they need as fast as humanly possible. What makes me sick are the emails I have been receiving over the past few days from people "claiming" to help. Maybe they are sincere maybe not. I don't know. ------------------------------------------------------------- Case #1 - A Scumbag Marketer ------------------------------------------------------------- One marketer sent out information about how you can help. I clicked on the link because I want to help out as much as I possibly can. Here's what made me sick to my stomach... He had the nerve to actually require you to enter your name and email address into an optin box in order to get the info!!! What a marketing SCUMBAG! I normally don't talk like this, but this one really got on my nerves. Why not just give the info? Is this guy really that bad off that he has to profit from these poor people? That's about as low as it gets!!! ------------------------------------------------------------- Case #2 - Buy My Crap and I'll Donate (I don't think so) ------------------------------------------------------------- I am certainly not going to buy anyone's stuff and HOPE that my mon.ey goes to these people. Think about it, it first has to go to this person and then they have to take out their supposed costs and then, MAYBE, they'll forward they mon.ey on to a worthy charity. I DON'T THINK SO!!! What is this person thinking? Hmmmm... if I use this DISASTER which has left thousand of people HOMELESS... I can get my product into the hands of more people... YOU IDIOT! Again... another person who seems to be high on crack! If you want to buy a product, then buy a product. If you want to donate, then donate directly to the source. PERIOD! You don't have to buy a product in order to donate your money to worthy charity or organization. Just do it. Let me make my stance PERFECTLY CLEAR! YOU DON'T PROFIT FROM OTHER PEOPLE'S MISFORTUNES! These people are devastated, they lost their jobs, their homes, some lost their loved one's lives, or maybe even their own life due this major catastrophe... How dare these people try to profit from this distaster! I urge you to NOT support these SCUMBAGS! ------------------------------------------------------------- If You Want To Help The Hurricane Efforts ------------------------------------------------------------- Here's two links to legitimate organizations to donate your mo.ney to if you want to help. FEMA - http://www.fema.gov Red Cross - http://www.redcross.org Feel free to pass this message on to someone else. Take my name off of it... I don't care. I just want to make sure your kindness goes in the right direction and you are not putting faith in people who are trying to profit from this. Help someone and donate what you can today. Warmest Regards, Jeff Yancey --------------------------------------------- As you can see, he is so annoyed he does not even mention the links these lowlifes are using to 'promote' their own businesses. I to urge all of you to inform all of your friends, Internet or otherwise to not be taken in by these emails & to pass them onto the FBI, or whatever goverment dept in your own countries that deal with Internet scams.
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: The scammers are gathering after Katrina.
9/2/2005 12:31:25 PM
Anthony, Yes You are going to see more and more scams over this. I think it is just terrible to see such things happen. Thanks for the information and have a Great Day :)
+0
Lee
Lee Talmadge

612 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/2/2005 12:34:26 PM
Hi Anthony, Yes they are out in full ,sad they have to only be out for themselves ,any link I feel should directly send you to the legitimate organizations to donate to. I also seen on goolges search index a linking to amazon.com ,I have not had a chance yet to see what that is all about yet have you ? .Great Job my friend Hope you have a enjoyable weekend :-) Lee
+0
9/2/2005 12:38:51 PM
It disapoints me to think of people taking addvantage of people suffering but all we can do is lead by example the sky is the limit.A.M.
Tire Chain reviews http://www.tirechainreviews.com Garden Composter Reviews http://www.bestgardencomposters.com
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/2/2005 1:08:55 PM
Yes, Everyone be careful. Thank you for the Forum. Your Friend,
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!