Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: PHILOXENIA: BBC NEWS - TURKEY Enough of ISRAELI LIES
2/24/2009 11:43:27 PM

HI Georgios,

I don't have as much time to write about all these questions you mentioned, and with which I agree, but I have found a new text, I want you and other patricipants of this forum read carefully. I wouldn't say it better.

The Hidden Tyranny, Part One

www.biblebelievers.org.au/tyranny1.htm

After you read this text there is part Two following. It concerns not only America but the whole world.

Love & Hugs

Krystyna

Krystyna
+0
Helen Elias

1370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: PHILOXENIA: BBC NEWS - TURKEY: Enough of ISRAELI LIES
2/25/2009 3:30:39 AM

Hello Georgios

You are the one who keeps bringing up the Mennonite issue.  I never ever did say that I practice the Mennonite religion.  You never get it right.

What I did say was to this effect  >>>> "My ancestors were Mennonites.  I know that this is a religion but it best describes my (historical)  'nationality' as well."   (I am really a Canadian)

Then I went on to say that most of the Mennonites came from Holland and Germany. 

Enough already!!!

Helen

Spend $4 and get back $10 every time you spend. Contact me (Helen) at this email »»» zhebee@yahoo.com
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA: BBC NEWS - TURKEY Enough of ISRAELI LIES
2/25/2009 3:58:06 AM
Hi Krystyna!

Thank you for the visit, your comment and the link. Most of the people who are involved in religious and historical discussions on what concerns the Bible and the Promised Land know only what the Bible refers to and have never opened other sources to read other versions. We should learn first before we get involved in religious discussions.

For centuries The Church condemned all those who had different opinion.

Have a nice day.
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PHILOXENIA: BBC NEWS - TURKEY: Enough of ISRAELI LIES
2/25/2009 5:45:25 AM
Hi Helen!

You insist to discuss the Mennonite matter. If you really want and agree then what better than a special thread. Start a forum and I promise to be there to give you my opinion. For now I will give you some information on Canadians for Palestine.

Canadiands for Palestine

Children of NABKA

For Palestinians, the events between 1947 and 1949 are remembered as a time when Israeli military forces destroyed over 500 Palestinian villages and expelled between 700,000 and 900,000 Palestinians from their lands -- about 85 percent of the Palestinian population at that time. These refugees have lived exiled from their land since then. Today Palestinians represent one-third of the global refugee and internally displaced population. Learn about the Palestinians, who call these events the Nakba, an Arabic word meaning catastrophe.

Learn More -buy the book From MCC store or borrow the slide show
"Dividing Wall" and "Walking the Path Jesus Walked,"

Palestinian group gets MCC aid following Israeli attacks

Gaza, Palestine

Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) is providing $29,600 to a Palestinian women’s organization to help families and children cope with the trauma of Israeli attacks in Gaza.

Recent Israeli attacks on Palestinian targets, including public utilities, have cut electricity and water supplies in much of the region. Local residents are traumatized by gunfire, bombing and the sonic booms of fighter jets.

Culture and Free Thought Association, a women’s organization in Gaza’s Khan Younis refugee camp, operates community centres for children, teenagers, women and cultural events. The association is using MCC’s grant to hire five trauma counsellors and to purchase a generator and fuel to provide electricity at the centres.

The counsellors will work with a volunteer drama team from the association to help children deal with trauma creatively by writing and performing skits about their experiences.

Recent Israeli attacks in Gaza began on June 28 in response to attacks on Israel by the Palestinian Hamas movement. Israel is demanding that Hamas release a captured Israeli soldier, Gilad Shalit, and halt rocket attacks on Israeli communities. Hamas is demanding the release of hundreds of Palestinian prisoners held by Israel.

Alain Epp Weaver, an MCC representative for Palestine, Jordan and Iraq, says that the violence is contributing to a humanitarian crisis in Gaza.

“All of this comes on top of the fact that you have a very high poverty level in the Gaza Strip,” he says. “Up to 80 percent of the population is living on well under $2 a day.”

Since the recent violence began, Israel has almost completely closed Gaza’s borders, and food and fuel have grown scarce.

Epp Weaver says that MCC is working on plans with partner organizations to deliver humanitarian aid in Gaza.

Lots of Information can be found in

Since January I am member in a Community
Canadians for Palestine

Have a nice day
Georgios
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
PHILOXENIA: Mennonites and Palestine
2/25/2009 5:51:50 AM
Canadiands for Palestine

1) Children of NABKA

For Palestinians, the events between 1947 and 1949 are remembered as a time when Israeli military forces destroyed over 500 Palestinian villages and expelled between 700,000 and 900,000 Palestinians from their lands -- about 85 percent of the Palestinian population at that time. These refugees have lived exiled from their land since then. Today Palestinians represent one-third of the global refugee and internally displaced population. Learn about the Palestinians, who call these events the Nakba, an Arabic word meaning catastrophe.

Learn More -buy the book From MCC store or borrow the slide show
"Dividing Wall" and "Walking the Path Jesus Walked,"

Palestinian group gets MCC aid following Israeli attacks

Gaza, Palestine

Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) is providing $29,600 to a Palestinian women’s organization to help families and children cope with the trauma of Israeli attacks in Gaza.

Recent Israeli attacks on Palestinian targets, including public utilities, have cut electricity and water supplies in much of the region. Local residents are traumatized by gunfire, bombing and the sonic booms of fighter jets.

Culture and Free Thought Association, a women’s organization in Gaza’s Khan Younis refugee camp, operates community centres for children, teenagers, women and cultural events. The association is using MCC’s grant to hire five trauma counsellors and to purchase a generator and fuel to provide electricity at the centres.

The counsellors will work with a volunteer drama team from the association to help children deal with trauma creatively by writing and performing skits about their experiences.

Recent Israeli attacks in Gaza began on June 28 in response to attacks on Israel by the Palestinian Hamas movement. Israel is demanding that Hamas release a captured Israeli soldier, Gilad Shalit, and halt rocket attacks on Israeli communities. Hamas is demanding the release of hundreds of Palestinian prisoners held by Israel.

Alain Epp Weaver, an MCC representative for Palestine, Jordan and Iraq, says that the violence is contributing to a humanitarian crisis in Gaza.

“All of this comes on top of the fact that you have a very high poverty level in the Gaza Strip,” he says. “Up to 80 percent of the population is living on well under $2 a day.”

Since the recent violence began, Israel has almost completely closed Gaza’s borders, and food and fuel have grown scarce.

Epp Weaver says that MCC is working on plans with partner organizations to deliver humanitarian aid in Gaza.

Lots of Information can be found in

Since January I am member in a Community
Canadians for Palestine

Kindly Regards
Georgios

+0