Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Helen Elias

1370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: PHILOXENIA: BBC NEWS - TURKEY: Enough of ISRAELI LIES
2/24/2009 6:46:35 AM

Georgios, Georgios, Georgios

I don't know what to say to you so that you will understand ....maybe you do not want to understand.

This is in reply to your post about the Arab man making a plea.

That war between the Palestinians and the Israelis would be over by now if Hamas just laid down its weapons, agreed to a ceasefire and then kept its promise.  Israel would love to stop firing on Hamas.  If you could speak to the Palestinian civilians and if they were not afraid of reprisals from Hamas, they would tell you that the problem is Hamas. They are the hate mongers and war mongers.  My heart goes out to the Palestinians as much as it does to the Israelis.  I am praying for them, too.

When it comes to the international community not listening to the Arabs, is it surprising when every second sentence is a lie?  They don't want an end to the war.  On the contrary, they want it to go on hoping Israel will look as bad as possible.  This seems to be your objective as well. 

And about Canadian involvement in these wars, we have lost many fighters and here again my heart goes out to the families of these soldiers.  Of course I am upset about it but accidents happen in war as much as on the roads of our countries if not more so.  I don't know where people get the idea that it is possible to fight a nice clean war.   Nice and clean just does not describe war.  All wars are a horrible mess and I would be the first to stop them if I could. 

Tell me your answer to this question....

If Israel were to stop bombing Hamas, what do you think Hamas would do?  Would they stop firing rockets on Israel, too?  For how long?  2 days?  2 weeks?  What do you think would happen?  Remember their mission is to drive Israel out of the land and into the sea (if they aren't shot to death on the way).  That means in the view of Hamas, this war against Israel will never stop, right?

Until later .....  I can hardly wait 'until later' to hear from you.  Remember to read your Bible.  It is about the only place where Truth may be found.

Helen

Spend $4 and get back $10 every time you spend. Contact me (Helen) at this email »»» zhebee@yahoo.com
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2009 12:11:12 PM
Hello Helen!

Thank you for the posts. In one place you say you are a Mennonite in another place you say you are not. I will not comment your first post as the subject here is not the Mennonites and It is not of my business if you are a religious or racial Mennonite. That is your right to be.

The second post is of the format I can discuss. I will give it with a map to you. Only the gray colored countries have not recognized State of Palestine yet, USA and Canada are two of them therefore I don't expect different anwer from you.

Map source WikiPedia

I am sorry for taking your time to read my noncense thread.

Yours sincerely,
Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
2/24/2009 3:47:46 PM

Dear Friend, Georgios.  These last few days have been consumed with family matters and leaves little time to be at ALP.  Just wanted to check back and see how your forum was going.  You are dishing out a lot of information here.  When it comes to wars and keeping up with what is going on, I fall way short of being able to do that.

If I were to read all the postings here and deciding who is telling it 'like it is', I believe I would rather go with what you present to us.

You have my vote of confidence on how you are responding to your antagonists. If they don't like what you write, why come in here to make trouble.  Thank goodness they stay out of my forum!!

Blessings,

Sara

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2009 4:51:16 PM
Hello Sara!

Thank you for the support and your comments. I believe soon we will have a change in the world and many things will be different. Some countries will disappear and some new will be created. Even in your continent there will be changes.

The Palestines are a race that came to the middle East at least 400 years before the Jews.

Here is a quote from bible in ancient Greek and English translation of how they were treated at that time. The kingdom of Bashan was where LEbanon and Syria is now.

Deuteronomy 3 Greek OT: Septuagint
1 και επιστραφεντες ανεβημεν οδον την εις βασαν και εξηλθεν ωγ βασιλευς της βασαν εις συναντησιν ημιν αυτος και πας ο λαος αυτου εις πολεμον εις εδραιν 2 και ειπεν κυριος προς με μη φοβηθης αυτον οτι εις τας χειρας σου παραδεδωκα αυτον και παντα τον λαον αυτου και πασαν την γην αυτου και ποιησεις αυτω ωσπερ εποιησας σηων βασιλει των αμορραιων ος κατωκει εν εσεβων 3 και παρεδωκεν αυτον κυριος ο θεος ημων εις τας χειρας ημων και τον ωγ βασιλεα της βασαν και παντα τον λαον αυτου και επαταξαμεν αυτον εως του μη καταλιπειν αυτου σπερμα 4 και εκρατησαμεν πασων των πολεων αυτου εν τω καιρω εκεινω ουκ ην πολις ην ουκ ελαβομεν παρ' αυτων εξηκοντα πολεις παντα τα περιχωρα αργοβ βασιλειας ωγ εν βασαν 5 πασαι πολεις οχυραι τειχη υψηλα πυλαι και μοχλοι πλην των πολεων των φερεζαιων των πολλων σφοδρα 6 εξωλεθρευσαμεν αυτους ωσπερ εποιησαμεν τον σηων βασιλεα εσεβων και εξωλεθρευσαμεν πασαν πολιν εξης και τας γυναικας και τα παιδια 7 και παντα τα κτηνη και τα σκυλα των πολεων επρονομευσαμεν εαυτοις.

1Then we turned, and went up the way to Bashan: and Og the king of Bashan came out against us, he and all his people, to battle at Edrei. 2And the LORD said unto me, Fear him not: for I will deliver him, and all his people, and his land, into thy hand; and thou shalt do unto him as thou didst unto Sihon king of the Amorites, which dwelt at Heshbon. 3So the LORD our God delivered into our hands Og also, the king of Bashan, and all his people: and we smote him until none was left to him remaining. 4And we took all his cities at that time, there was not a city which we took not from them, threescore cities, all the region of Argob, the kingdom of Og in Bashan. 5All these cities were fenced with high walls, gates, and bars; beside unwalled towns a great many. 6And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. 7But all the cattle, and the spoil of the cities, we took for a prey to ourselves.

Why should God order Israel to kill the people of a whole kingdom. Weren't the people of Bashan Gods creation?

There are many such examples that Judaic scriptures mention genocides committed by Jews and ISRAEL from their early history 1200 BC.

Happy Day
Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2009 7:12:56 PM
Hi Georgios,

Why should God order Israel to kill the people of a whole kingdom. Weren't the people of Bashan Gods creation?

Yes, I do agree with you. I do think there is more to it that has been told, or not told, or changed or something. Yes, I do think we will learn the truth in the near future. Looking forward to the truth.

Blessings,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!