Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Terry Gill

51 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Your Birthday In The bible !
12/25/2008 2:55:27 PM

Nick,

You said in your email notification, "Did you know that the Bible has a special verse for everyones birthday?"

The truth of the matter is that no, the Bible does not have a verse for everyone's birthday.  This is not what God's Word teaches.  The people that made this website clearly said:  "Our team spent countless hours searching the Bible for the perfect verse for each day of the year."  Therefore, this was their invention, not God's!

The Bible only mentions two birthdays in its entirety, both of which were celebrated by pagan god worshippers and the end of which resulted in someone's head being chopped off, the last of which was Jesus' own cousin, John the Baptiser.  Birthday celebrations are pagan-rooted and that's why the Bible never mentions even Jesus' birthday as being celebrated by even his own parents or disciples or the first Christian congregation for his entire life!  Because it is of pagan origin, it is "unclean" and therefore detestable to God.  Besides the fact that December 25 is not Jesus' birthday, not even close, don't you think that if God had wanted us to celebrate this day, He would have told us exactly on which day to do so?  Of course He would, just as He told the Jews after freeing them exactly which times to celebrate and on which exact days to do so!

There are three different ways given to us in the Bible to discern approximately when Jesus was born, all of which place the event about the end of October or first of November.  Probably the easiest way to estimate this is the fact that Jesus was approximately 33 1/2 years old when he died.  Therefore, we know that he died on Nisan 14 of the old Jewish calendar, which occurs in the month of April on our calendar, and if you then count back six months from there to account for the last 1/2 year of Jesus' life, it takes you to sometime in October.  At any rate, it was nowhere near December 25th, so you may wonder where did this come from?  From the Catholic church which in the 4th century C.E. wanted to convert some pagan god worshippers to "christianity", who already celebrated annually the Festival of Saturnalia on December 25th, and the church thought it would be easier to do so if these ones were told that their leader was born on this day. 

So, not only does God's Word the Bible not tell us to celebrate Jesus' birth and doesn't give us the exact date thereof, additionally, it condemns these pagan-rooted practices in the first place.  Nothing about x-mas is true, not the day set aside for it nor the traditional stories surrounding it.  Take, for example, the nativity scenes of christendom and the songs about it.  What do you see there?  The "Three Wise Men" or "Three Kings" who supposedly visited Jesus at birth.  FALSE!  Read Matthew chapter 2, in particular verse 11.  Jesus was in truth and in fact "a small child" about two years old, and "living in a house" when these three in reality oriental pagan god worshipping astrologers visited him and presented their gifts.  By the way, God condemns both of their practices of pagan god worshipping and astrology!  So, do you think that it was God who lead these ones to His son?  Certainly not!  These three men were, in fact, unwitting participants in Satan's plot to kill the baby Jesus.  Here's another mouth-opening fact about x-mas.  The Bible mentions no one except these three star watchers who saw the "Star of Bethlehem" as all of christendom teaches and tops their x-mas trees with and depicts in their manger scenes!  Yes, Satan the Devil lured these three there by placing that bright shining star which moved ahead of them and guided them to Israel.  And guess what?  It was a long ways from the orient to Israel.  In those days they didn't have trains or planes to jump on and quickly travel there.  That's why they weren't at Jesus' birthplace as the lie is perpetuated by christendom, but, in fact, Jesus was about two years old and living in a house when they got there, as Matt. 2:11 tells us.  And that's why King Herod, in his rage, had all the male infants two years old and younger murdered.  Ever wonder why he murdered two-year-olds if Jesus was a newborn?  You see, when these three pagan astrologers arrived in Jerusalem, work spread quickly about them, and King Herod summoned them before him, instructing them to report back to him the location of Jesus once they found him, so that he, King Herod, could also go there and do obesiance to Jesus.  He really wanted to kill this new king of the Jews, also as a participant in Satan's plot.  And once these three finally did find Jesus and presented their gifts, then God spoke to them in a dream and told them not to report back to Herod, but to retreat back to their country another way, which they did, and when Herod realized they had betrayed him, that's when he became enraged and sent his soldiers over to the district surrounding Bethlehem and had all those male infants two years and younger murdered.

Bottom line, because x-mas is all lies and all its traditions are pagan-rooted, it actually dishonors Jesus and His Father, Jehovah God, to associate Him with such!  Not to mention that we are not instructed to celebrate Jesus' birth, but to are instructed to memoralize and remember His death, by which those who adhere to God's commandments and EXERCISE faith in the ransom sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ, can have the hope of everlasting life on a restored paradise earth. (Ps. 37:29; Matt. 5:5)

Terry

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/25/2008 5:04:49 PM
Merry Christmas Terry, I'm sure Nick didn't mean what he said to be taken litterly. Have a nice day!
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Beverly Kersey

1239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/25/2008 6:23:29 PM

Wow Nick, How cool is this! My Birthday is March 31st, here is my verse!

John 3:31 NIV
The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all.

Beverly Kersey
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/25/2008 6:34:29 PM

Hello Nick,

I read the entire website and found this wa an idea and a creation from a shared epiphany moment.  Everyone I have shared it with has loved it.  Thanks for sharing it and suggest all read the complete story.

The Birthverse Story

Bob and his wife and Cindy and her husband met for dinner. Cindy shared her story with the Harju’s and Bob almost passed out. He could hardly believe his ears! Cindy was talking about the very same idea he had received just a week earlier. Once the four friends recovered from the shock of this “revelation,” they realized God had entrusted them with an important idea. This idea involved the awesome responsibility and privilege of spreading His Word.  The Birthverse Story

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/25/2008 7:23:21 PM
Nick and everyone,

That is a fun way to learn some scriptures especially when more members
come and post theirs.  So much easier than if you had to go read look up
all 365 of the dates to read the scriptures ourselves.

Jim,
Thanks for sharing the article.

Amanda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!