Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Your Birthday In The bible !
12/26/2008 7:05:06 AM

HI Nick,

Just now saw your thread and checked my verse. As with Geketa it was from the NT but it was an interesting one. May 12th.

Matthew 5:12 NIV
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Merry Christmas to you and yours and best wishes for a prosperous New Year.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Jean Marie

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/26/2008 7:24:28 AM

Hi Nick & Friends!!!

I wish you all a Happy New Year.....

Hopefully, a year when everyone everywhere, in real life & in the "virtual" world, can treat each other with respect, kindness & common courtesy.

Nick - thank you for this forum and all of the wonderful forums you invite us to....  the ones that make us laugh, make us think and your continuous support of worthwhile issues. I always look forward to receiving those invitations!

May I always be blessed with great friends, such as those I have at ALP!

Hugs to you all,

JeanMarie

JeanMarie http://www.3daydancers.com "May you live today from what you learned yesterday to achieve a better tomorrow"
+0
12/26/2008 10:02:51 AM

Nick, thank you for the religious fun!!  You always find the most interesting sites, my friend.  At least you got us looking up scripture and I find it a good thing.

Ephesians 4:1 NIV
As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

I am happily a prisoner of the Lord and say with all confidence  - "live a life worthy of the calling you have received."

Peace and Hugs!

Sara

+0
Terry Gill

51 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/26/2008 1:12:46 PM

Geketa,

Here is an ole saying you might apply,

"You can't make a person see what they don't want to see!"

One's heart has to be rightly disposed before Jehovah God will draw them to Him, and only He can truly read hearts.  Only then will one's eyes be opened to the truth!  The Bible is very clear about who the ruler of this system of things is, this world, Satan the Devil, and he is very powerful  and adept at what he does.  Why, he was even able to mislead and drag down with him one-third of the millions of perfect spirit creatures in heaven, angels created by and in the presense of God Himself, as well as the perfect Adam and Eve!  Satan was also able to blind the eyes of the Pharisees in Jesus' days who were eye witnesses to many of Jesus' miracles, including instantly curing lepers and bringing the dead back to life! 

So, it is infinitely more easy for Satan to blind the eyes of imperfect, sinful men and women, including you!

Birthday celebrations are of pagan origin and are, therefore, clearly condemned by God!  Why do you think there's not one mention of a birthday celebration by God's people in the over 6,000 years covered by the history of the Bible?  This includes Jesus' birthday!

"You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of ‘the table of Jehovah’ and the table of demons."—1 Cor. 10:21, NW.

Terry

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/26/2008 3:55:45 PM
OH, Holier than thou Terry ,

Thanks I haven't laughed so hard since  the last JW  made the mistake of coming to my door ! Obviously you have mistaken me for someone who cares what you think! I don't remember ever reading where G-d removed himself from the throne of judgment and gave you his seat.

Geketa

Nicky ,

I am sorry if you want to delete my post to Terry feel free. I am just not going to let him get away with being judgmental. He is not G-d.

Hugs,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!