Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Your Birthday In The bible !
12/26/2008 12:23:23 AM
Hello Terry,

Thank you for sharing your views.  However, Terry I kindly point
out that this forum belongs to Nick  and it is extremely rude to
'hijack' another's forum for their own.  You can start a forum of
your own to tell your friends about your views on Christmas, God's proper name etc.

As for me, I call upon my Heavenly Father and call Him Daddy on occasion. God looks upon our heart (our inner self and our spirit
that is part of Him) not how we verbally say our prayers.  There are many people whom have difficulty expressing themselves out loud or pray mentally.  God already knows what we want to pray about
before we even utter the words, yet He wants us to come to Him
in faith and enjoy our relationship with Him. So you can imagine the extra stress and fear someone could have if each time they attempted to talk to God and someone else 'shot them down' because they did not use the right title for Him, they would feel
intimidated and not try.  Then this would be the works of Satan.

Amanda

+0
Terry Gill

51 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/26/2008 12:24:39 AM

Thomas,

I guess we were both busy writing at the same time, for I see you posted an additional comment while I was busy with my last one.

No, I won't "let it go."  That's what Satan wants me to do, stop preaching the truth and allow people to be misled.  I know the truth and am obligated to teach others what I have learned.  I was once lost also!

And no, it's not "the Lord" who we will need to call on, which you think is Jesus Christ.  We have to acknowledge and call on Jesus' Father, Jehovah God.  Jesus is never referred to in the Bible as the Almighty God.  He is referred to as Mighty God, but only His Father, Jehovah, is ever referred to as Almighty and the Most High.  There is a distinct difference.

Not only the Apostle Paul, but the Apostle Peter also referred to this fact at Acts 2:21, "And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved."  The words Peter quoted are found at Joel 2:28-32,

"And after that it must occur that I shall pour out my spirit on every sort of flesh, and YOUR sons and YOUR daughters will certainly prophesy. As for YOUR old men, dreams they will dream. As for YOUR young men, visions they will see.  And even on the menservants and on the maidservants in those days I shall pour out my spirit. And I will give portents in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. The sun itself will be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah.  And it must occur that everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will get away safe; for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will prove to be the escaped ones, just as Jehovah has said, and in among the survivors, whom Jehovah is calling."

Yes, Thomas, we must have faith, but true faith will produce works!  The Bible tells us that faith without works is dead.  Correctly interpreted, John 3:16 tells us that we must exercise faith in Jesus Christ. The word exercise denotes taking action. 

James 2:14-18 explains it well.  "Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if a certain one says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it?  If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day,  yet a certain one of YOU says to them: "Go in peace, keep warm and well fed," but YOU do not give them the necessities for [their] body, of what benefit is it?  Thus, too, faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself.  Nevertheless, a certain one will say: "You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith apart from the works, and I shall show you my faith by my works."

Thus, you may ask what is this works we must do?  It is obeying Jesus command to go and preach the good news of God's coming Kingdom, which is the only hope for mankind.

Matt. 24:14, "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come."

Matt. 28: 19 & 20, "Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things."

What works did Jesus and his disciples do?  Exactly this, went from town to town and even house to house preaching the good news.  That is what those who have restored Jehovah's holy name to their Bibles do today in imitation of Jesus, just as He said His true followers would do!

And remember what Heb. 6:10 says, "For God is not unrighteous so as to forget YOUR work and the love YOU showed for his name, in that YOU have ministered to the holy ones and continue ministering."

Terry

+0
Terry Gill

51 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/26/2008 12:38:32 AM

Amanda,

It's not "my views" on christmas, it's Jehovah God's views as expressed in His Word the Bible, and thus I'm doing my Christian duty to help people learn God's will.

Anybody in their right mind who has any love at all for God would not want to dishonor Him or His Son, Jesus Christ, but billions do out of ignorance of the truth and having been misled by false teachings and family traditions, the author of which is Satan the Devil.

Don't try to make me a villain here.  I'm trying to help people learn the truth, because I was once in their shoes!  And anywhere I see misunderstandings, I will seek to correct same.

And no one is trying to "shoot them down" as you say.  On the contrary, I'm educating them in order to try and help them draw closer to God by learning the truth and praying in a manner that is acceptable to Him.  It is certainly no harder for anyone to use the holy name of Jehovah in their prayers than to simply say "God" is it?  No, of course not.  And if they do it the way He Himself says to, He will be pleased!  It's ridiculous for you to say they would be intimidated and not try to pray if they simply had to exchange God's Holy name, Jehovah, instead of the title "God" in their prayers!

Terry 

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/26/2008 3:56:59 AM
WELL, WELL , WELL !

I leave you kids alone for 24 hours and look at the mess you make. This was meant to be a gift I could give you all for the purpose of bringing a smile. Life is not written in stone and should be made by what values one feels that makes them comfortable. I am a follower to only one and know humor is recognized as acceptable because the proof is he created me !

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/26/2008 6:41:22 AM
Hi Nicky ,

Very cool site but they only use NT for my birthday :(

Matthew 5:6 NIV
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

I  agree with the sentiment of the passage !

I past it on to my Christian friends.

Thomas and Amanda ,
I admire your stand for what you believe!! Here is an ole saying you might apply,
" you can't reason with an unsound mind!"

Hugs,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!