Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Your Birthday In The bible !
12/25/2008 9:41:13 PM
Hi Nick,

Hey this is neat.  It is a great to know your verse for your day.

Mine is Dec 4 my verse is:

Isaiah 12:4 NIV
In that day you will say: “Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted.

Amanda is right and good way to get one verse at a time.

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Terry Gill

51 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/25/2008 11:30:54 PM

Dear Myrna,

Your scripture is a very nice one to help people understand the importance and holiness of God's name, which G-O-D or L-O-R-D is not a name, but are titles.  Just like you have a name and people show you respect by using it, we should all show the Creator of the Universe the utmost respect by using His holy name, which is JEHOVAH!  Jesus himself did so and told us in the model prayer found at Matthew chapter 6 when asked how we should pray that "hallowed by thy name."  The word hallowed means holy, sacred.  How can one show respect and treat that name as sacred when they never use it and, in fact, it has been stricken from their Bibles?  This is Satan's work, for it was once in the Bible over 7,000 times!

Since your scripture is in Isaiah, go a little further and check out what God Himself said about His holy name at Isaiah 42:8:

"I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images."

If people will read the book of Psalms, they will see hundreds of references with regard to the importance of Jehovah God's name and of praising it, proclaiming it, and using it.  Here are just a couple of those:

Ps. 83:18, "That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth."

Ps. 34:3, "O magnify Jehovah with me, YOU people, And let us exalt his name together."

Ps. 91:14, "Because on me he has set his affection, I shall also provide him with escape.  I shall protect him because he has come to know my name."

Ps. 9:10, "And those knowing your name will trust in you, For you will certainly not leave those looking for you, O Jehovah."

Ps. 29:2, "Ascribe to Jehovah the glory of his name. Bow down to Jehovah in holy adornment."

Ps. 113:3, "From the rising of the sun until its setting Jehovah’s name is to be praised."

Here's a very important one in Ezekiel 39: 6 & 7:

"And I will send fire upon Ma´gog and upon those who are inhabiting the islands in security; and people will have to know that I am Jehovah. And my holy name I shall make known in the midst of my people Israel, and I shall no more let my holy name be profaned; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah, the Holy One in Israel."

I could take up pages upon pages here of scriptures from the Bible that has restored God's holy name to every place it once appeared, but just in closing may all take heed of what the Apostle Paul told us:

Romans 10:13, "For everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved."

Hebrews 6:10, "For God is not unrighteous so as to forget YOUR work and the love YOU showed for his name, in that YOU have ministered to the holy ones and continue ministering."

Lastly, Jesus himself also said regarding God's name, at John 17:6:

"I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word."

I hope all of you will come to understand just how important it is in your relationship to Jehovah to use, proclaim and glorify His holy name!

Terry

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/25/2008 11:43:03 PM
Let it go Terry. Have some fun will ya for a change.  And the Lord your trying to describe is my rabbi Jesus Christ. Everyone who calls on the Lord will be saved, thats Apostle Paul talking to the Roman church. " The word is near you;it is in your mouth and in your heart, that is, the ord of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that od raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and re justified, and it is with you mouth that you confess and are saved. Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.  Read Romans 10. Goodnight!
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Terry Gill

51 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/25/2008 11:44:39 PM

Thomas,

Christmas is not merry to those of us that know the truth about it and love Jehovah God and His Son, Jesus Christ, because we know that to associate them in any way whatsover with lies and pagan customs is detestable!

We also know that christmas will not be celebrated in the new system of things, the restored earthly paradise, nor will any other birthdays for that matter, and that all those who are doing so at the time of fullfillment of Rev. 17:17, which marks the beginning of the Great Tribulation and the cutting off of all those not doing Jehovah God's will, will perish and suffer eternal death!

Terry

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/26/2008 12:10:49 AM
So you say Terry, so you say. God_bless you faith believer. Only you know. But i know the Truth. But this is not the place to discuss. Goodnight Cowboy
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!