Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
This thread is locked.
Promote
Helen Elias

1370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The Truth The Whole Truth And Nothing But The Truth
1/25/2009 10:58:06 AM

Hello Geketa

Much of what you say on page 3 about Christians not ever turning the other cheek and arguing, etc is absolutely true.  Our behavior leaves a lot to be desired.  We are a pathetic bunch.  That is why we need Jesus living His life in and through us.  The Christian life is not difficult to live; it is IMPOSSIBLE to live the Christian life without Jesus. 

The next time you see one of us failing so miserable in our Christian walk, look instead to Jesus.  Many times when you look at the person or the church, you are looking at the wrong person.  

Another thing about the Christian life is that it is a learning and living process and improvement happens many times one little step at a time.  When you see that we fall short, try to see that Jesus is not finished yet with the work He began in us.   He will complete it but in His time. 

Also keep in mind that often we forget who we are and so do not act accordingly.  It is good for us to have reminders, even from those in the world.  I thank you for your reminder.

God gives me a free will to choose how I will act or whether I will allow Jesus to live through me.  When I let Jesus drive my wagon, I act as He would have me do but all too often I forget or simply choose to drive my own wagon and that is when things go awry.  Learning and remembering to let Jesus live in and through me is something that does not happen overnight, hence I stumble and make mistakes along the way but as I let Jesus work in me more often, the stumbling should become less and less and love in me toward others should grow and grow.

The beauty of the Christian walk is that I know I can stumble and falter (like a baby does when learning to walk) and even so I still belong to Jesus (God) who still loves me through it all.  Isn't that neat?!!

Helen Elias

Spend $4 and get back $10 every time you spend. Contact me (Helen) at this email »»» zhebee@yahoo.com
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Truth The Whole Truth And Nothing But The Truth
1/26/2009 7:17:33 PM

Hello Friends,

I want to thank all of you that supported me by posting here, via PMs, emails and others avenues of communication. It is much appreciated.

I see this issue as closed after Sara publicly apologized in this thread on the 22nd of November.

Once again thank you & Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!