Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
What Does Being In Business Mean To You?
8/14/2008 3:42:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

It's been awhile since I posted anything, and rather than dredge up another Jim Rohn or Bryan Tracy message of Success, I thought I'd just be MistrTim with you all for a change.

Ah..for those of you who don't know, that's the only online personnae I use besides my legal name.

That's probably the FIRST thing being in business means to me. It's being involved with things that are ethical and that I can tie my name to, because the reality is folks if you aren't feeling good about putting your legal name to an opportunity or business you're involved with..you're likely in the WRONG business!

Not everything that I've promoted has been entirely successful, as many of you who participated with me already know, but it wasn't through lack of trying or good intent. I should say not entirely FINANCIALLY successful, but I do have to say I was successful in at least ONE thing.

That one thing was learning what I REALLY wanted to do!

For me being in business means taking those risks, riding the crest of the wave, finding those hidden markets where I might be able to fill a niche and a need, and create something! That's what gives me the most satisfying feelings of success. Being able to use my imagination to create something.

I don't mean changing the name of some rehashed PLR product either..or flogging someone's idea of a great MLM scheme.

After my first initial forays into a number of marketing schemes, I moved towards blogging (thanks Kenneth Sword), starting with Site Wizard SEO, and I learned a valuable lesson. Even a good system can fail you if the owners aren't entirely trustworthy. That system eventually stopped paying it's members, and people left. I trly felt sorry for those who had put so much effort into their creations only to see that thing fail.

But for myself, I took a positive lesson and moved forward..realizing that I could do that sort of thing myself, and so I put my energies towards that goal.

Several others followed me to participate, but as we've all learned..these things are not so easily created. They take time, and money, and if you don't have the money to pay for experience..you learn as you go.

For many people in marketing..that time to learn is just too long. We seem to have very short attention spans. We've learned perhaps through those less than ideal "opportunities" that the longer it takes to make any money just means that it possibly never will.. and so we "bail out".

Some people left what we were doing because it was taking too long to implement..and I really can't blame them, however..that was not the end..but a beginning for me because I didn't stop just because others lost the vision and needed to move on to other things. I continued because my vision of success has never faltered.

Business is more than just working a system hoping it's going to make money. Business for me is passion, and security in knowing that my research was good and that I've found a solid niche to work in. My business is learning what I have to learn, and purchasing that experience that I don't have time to develop, and APPLYING that knowledge!

Most of all..I've discovered that trying to run a business alone is a recipe for disaster. Most of us are still tied to the day jobs (or night jobs) and so there is a limited amount of time in any one day for us..and some of that needs to be SLEEP (something I seem able to get by on very little of). Running a business involves SO many different skill sets and entails so many things..rarely can just one person ever hope to do it all.

Without the help of others I can say my business wouldn't be where it is so to you (you know who you are) THANK YOU, and for those of you who aren't in the know..get ready for us because we are about to bust out!
The juices have been flowing..the ideas coming to fruition, the work getting completed, and the systems put in place.

I wish there was more time in a day, or more folk willing to believe in something that really has a chance to work and make a difference.

That's the last thing I wanted to say about what a business means to me.

IT HAS TO HAVE MEANING!

Not just to me, but also to everyone who has anything to do with it, and that's a challenge. Not everyone can come up with such a plan, not everyone is willing to put in the work, the effort, the money, and take those risks.

I am though and I can see the finish line approaching..and honestly friends..I've never felt such a feeling of achievement in all my life!

So..I'd like to hear from you what business means to you. Lets get a real discussion happening and maybe help some others with their ideas and dreams of success.

To success!

Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Muriel Holladay

190 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: What Does Being In Business Mean To You?
8/14/2008 5:43:14 PM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the post!  I quite agree, one cannot be too careful when it comes to an internet business - especially those that promise you the moon.  I, too, have learned a lot by joining and of course, learning from my mistakes.  I guess that is the most important thing- that we learn from our mistakes. 

I started out with the mistaken mindset that all I had to do was follow the program and money would start to flow.  I even took an online course and it did work to some extent.  However, I finally realized that in following "the plan" the only one who really benefited was the leader of the course.   And I suppose that is as it should be to some extent.

I am currently involved with an online program that really can benefit everyone, free and paid members.  I like that.  Of course being a paid member is by far the most financially rewarding.     Getting the word out and getting people to take a good honest look in order to see that it is a real, honest, great opportunity, I think is the most difficult.  People are so suspicious because of all the get rich quick promises that are out there.

So, to sum it all up, being in business is lots of work, very time consuming and requires a lot of patience.    I am thinking that building relationships is more important than just building a list.  Trust is the key. 

That is my take on it, at the present time, at least.  :o)

So lets all just keep on, keeping on!!

+0
8/14/2008 8:33:45 PM

Tim,

It is nice to know that there are other people that have attented "Knicker Bocker College" and have paid the "High Tuition Fees"!

Why am I in business?

First I like the "Time Freedom" it can provide a person that has an interest in Network Marketing. and are willing to learn the proper way to conduct business, while maintaining integrity.

Secondly, I like to see people improve their status instead of just sitting back and accept the "Status Quo" that they have to be a slave to some company for 30-40 years and then have to rely on a government dole to suvive on.

Yes, when you are with a company that treats their distributors like gold, it can also be very profitable and a long term residual income can be created.

There are 4 Essentials that have to be in place inorder to create a strong residual income that will come to you, month after month and year after year.

The first is locating a stable company that has been in business for years and plan to be in business years to come.

You have heard that a person started a business on a shoe string, there is another side to this and that is when a person trys to start a business and are not willing to take the string out of their shoe.  These are the people that are not willing to invest in a business, and still want to get rich over night.

If you would like to learn the other 3 Essentials pull up http://www.mondaywebinar.com on a Monday evening around 8:30 pm CST If you like you can also participate by phone by dialing 712-338-8000 Pin 9683.

Unlike most conference calls, this is an interactive call and questions are welcome.

You do not have to be a member of our organization to participate in this but let me warn you, when it is over you will have a different perspective on how network marketing should be.

James Kinney The Cardioman Cardio Cocktail www.drinkcardiococktail.com/30724 Joint Cocktail:www.formor.com/30724 Check My Home Page http://www.viradyne.com/moneypartners
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/15/2008 12:19:53 AM
Hi Muriel! It's so nice you chose to join in the conversation!
You are so close to me..lets say we hook up sometime for a coffee. Let me know if you're ever up this way..and I'll tell you if I'm heading down to RD. Ok?

You made a great point regarding patience, and working on building relationships and trust. It's what is required in this day and age of Internet Marketing.

It took years for me to get to a place where People trust and listen to anything I might have to say. I've had to prove myself.
That's NOT something I'm likely to take lightly.

Glad to hear from you.
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/15/2008 12:27:28 AM
Hello Mr. Tim, What a great topic, and who better to teach us what actually it all means, you of course, your the greatest Teacher of all, but lets not leave out Diane, and all the people behind your scenes, your all great and it would benefit everyone to listen to your instructions as you have much insight to it all. Business to me means building relationships, being able to Share my passion and excitement with others,to be able to have the flexibility to do what I want when I want. To be able to help those who want my help. To see others succeed at learning the proper skills at building a business. Those are some of my reasons. Kathy Hamilton/simikathy
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!