Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Alan Smith

157 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Is Your Name Googled? Please share ideas
10/10/2008 9:30:03 AM

Hi Mary!

One suggestion: You should definately creat a profile at www.LinkedIn.com. That would help as you have discovered.

Blogging is also a great way to get your name and interests higher in the search engine. I understand the best place to blog to get higherrankings at Google is google's own blog. www.blogspot.com or www.blogger.com

Best of success to you!

Alan

www.GreatJobOption.com/asmith

Alan Smith, Your Guide to Being On-Purpose --------------------------- http://www.MyID.ws probably the best Identity Theft resource on the internet. ---- View the Movie: http://asmith.greatcareerplan.com View the Presentation!
+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/10/2008 9:41:52 AM
Whenever there's the opportunity to use the "tag(s)" word field, this should make it easy to be seen by web surfers. There is a way to remove old and redundant material from the web but I've forgotten that too.  
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/10/2008 9:42:23 AM

I am seeing some concrete solutions coming in and that helps.

Discussion on skype with an Adlander who has no interest in posting here reveals that in 8 weeks his blog became #1.  He is saying having your own personal domain name will help. This high ranking is coming from the title of the Bog. It is a high interest name that will be searched by people.

Keep scratching your heads folks.  There must be an answer for the Smiths, Jones', Mohammad, Lee's and Browns of the world. 

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/10/2008 9:59:29 AM

Rudy,  thank you.  I have some material I would like to remove.  Let's see if we can find out how.

You brought  up another good  point, Is the business you are promoting a highly googled business.  If you belong to an affiliate program that has 120,000 or so people and you are all using the affiliate page, it goes virtually nowhere. 

Squeeze pages are the answer to that I am told.

I'll not be acknowledging every post as I have not time to be posting thank yous.  I very much do appreciate the contributions I have seen so far.

We Never Stop Learning do we?

+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/10/2008 11:47:34 AM
You asked, "Is the business you are promoting a highly googled business?"
I believe it is because people see the brand's logo at races, trade shows, decals on everything with wheels so they Google for a information, dealer or contact.
Unfortunately some forums contain posts with uninformed negative verbage and that's what seems to turn some people's crank. 
I also get telemarketing calls that hear my question about where they saw me. Many reply with, "I saw your article", or something similiar and then they admit they used my http://www.lubedealer.com/hiebert to find my phone number. Can't figue out why they don't email me if they're on the web.    

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!