Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Is Your Name Googled? Please share ideas
10/10/2008 12:45:44 PM

Gosh, Rudi, another topic....Negative side of being found on the net.  I won't be putting that up as a topic.  If anyone has solutions other than using telephone answering machines and a strong e-mail filter guess we can't do anything about being famous.

So we will concentrate on getting our name out there. Thanks for stopping back in here for the discussion.  Got to hand it to ya, you are a thinker.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/10/2008 8:15:59 PM

We are gathering our answers where ever we can.  This comes from a phone conversation and from skype conversation with some members. 

>>Adlandpro is not highly googled anymore because most forums have few words that the spiders can find .  Most postings are either sparklies or "thank you's".

>>The decline could be from material not being changed which means the spiders will pass over.  For example if everything stays the same on the profile, or "About Me" spiders find no new information. ( I am going to change some info on my profile and see what happens).

>>So many social communities in existance now means that your name has been watered down with so many profiles. Once the information is gathered, the spiders no longer find new information and no longer unique.

What are your reactions to these theories?

+0
Lucy Walker

241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/10/2008 10:38:31 PM

Hi Mary,

I share the same name as a very popular pulp fiction writer. I recently started using my middle initial on everything because of this. I had a difficult time getting my license renewed because of this. I had not googled my name in a long time. It does show up on the third page.

Good topic.

Regards,

Lucy

+0
10/11/2008 9:27:14 AM

Hi Mary,

I Googled my name and my Adland profile shows up on page 3; I have one more listing on page 5 from another site.

However, when I Googled my nickname or username (which is almost always the same one) I found 7 listings for different sites that I've been involved with, which is pretty cool because people have come across my username via safelists, etc and commented about it.

I'm reading with interest about the questions posed here; the possible solutions presented all sound plausible.

+0
Lucy Walker

241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/11/2008 12:51:51 PM

Wow!

Lorraine is right. I just searched again using my username.  My user name brought up many more results than my name.

I wonder if the ones listed means that those communities are doing more to put my name out there. It certainly seems that way. 

Perhaps the ones that have been searched are the only ones listed. EFS, Bizzy Blogz and Adland in that order. Does anyone know the answer? Interesting.

I still have a lot to learn about the Internet World.

Lucy

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!