Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Is Your Name Googled? Please share ideas
10/10/2008 7:41:22 AM

Have you searched for your name on the net? I just did and was shocked to see that something very negative has happened.

In the past, I shared  the first pages with another Mary Hofstetter and myself.  At least 5 pages had my name with Adlandpro information.

Now my name is googled on the first page  with a sauerkraut recipe and a place called "Linked in" where profiles are created.  The only other is "Christmas Bazarre" an Adlandpro forum  via a newspaper anouncement, not an Adlandpro  direct link.

What is happening?

We used to tell people to be active here and they would be googled.

What can we do to improve Adlandpro ratings, us and our business ventures?

Let's put our collective caps on and get some ideas going as I feel we are part of a sinking ship. We all sink or we all swim as a collective group.

First send your friends over. Second, test your name or business. Leave some CONSTRUCTIVE THOUGHTS here for us to consider.

ANYTHING POSTED HERE OTHER THAN DISCUSSION OF THIS TOPIC WILL BE DELETED.  THANK YOU AND I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Is Your Name Googled? Please share ideas
10/10/2008 7:43:47 AM

I want to add another thought.  One could say that your name is not googled because you have stopped posting here.

Not true, I find some very old things and people who have not been here for 3 years who can see be seen associated with Adlandpro.

+0
10/10/2008 8:00:08 AM
My name "Mike Wasdin" http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mike+wasdin&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=  is all over Google but more for my political writings than my posts here or on other boards like this. Last time I looked I was referenced on about 35 pages on Google. Anytime you post anything to the web there is a good chance it can be found on Google and for a long time.
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/10/2008 8:57:10 AM

Hello Mary,

Here is a suggestion and may be the reason.  I did some research this morning and noticed that blogs are getting more of those first page listings.  So when you make a forum post or start a new thread be sure to blog too on ALP' Blog many of us myself included overlook this valuable space.  You can also rank posts and social bookmark the blog if you like it.  If more of us was focusing on these things and taking advantage of all the WEB 2.0 built into ALP we would see more of our ALP links moving closer to front and higher up on the page.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/10/2008 9:18:31 AM

Hi Mary,

Interesting discussion and one that has peaked my interest more than once.  With a name like "Judy Smith" it really didn't come as much of a surprise to me that a google of the name brought up lots of other Judy Smith's but up to pg 12 there was still no reference to me!

HMMMM - considering how long I have been an Adland, how often I post, and the cross links to Adland that i have on my websites and blogs, it is somewhat baffling.  I wish I had the answer and knew what we could do to help Adland boost the rankings.  Is Adland falling short in theire efforts? or are we failing to do something. 

I will be back to see where this discussion goes.  I am in hopes that someone will have some great ideas and we can get to work and improve the situation.

Thanks for doing this.  It should be a very interesting discussion ahead.

Judy

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!