Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Ads for Idiots
9/16/2008 12:21:55 PM

Peter, the should be the next item on the check out the site list.  Is the person bragging or are the statements true. Find someone already involved, even run it by us here in the community.

We have some good folks who will warn you that false statements have been made or will share the good about the program.  Caution is needed in this matter so as not to be sued.  A statement that says "I was due XX$'s .  I have written XXX times and never an answer."  To say this is a scam can get you in trouble.

The point is we need  truth in advertising.

Your ad can include these recommendations. If you see too many negatives, it is time to read the hand writting on the wall and don't ignore by promoting your generic ads.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/16/2008 12:51:21 PM

For all those reading this forum it would be good to include the idea of INTENTION of the ad.

Here is an example.  "Would you check out my site.  It is a good program but I need some help promoting it.  Please go to:   ___________ and tell me what you think."

My reaction is to check it out and share some ideas for promoting it as they eluded to.

W-r-o-n-g.  The intention was not to get your advice but to offer the program to you via the back door.  "Help me" does not mean share ideas but "join my program please." 

I received a personal message very  similar to this and was shocked to learn that they were not seeking help but were pitching an ad.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/17/2008 4:37:21 PM

Here we go round two.  The ad that spawned this forum is wearing down.  I only heard from two "daydreamers" yesterday.

When I first saw this ad, I believed that someone's friend had an inside scoop and had shared with the poster putting up the ad.

Here we go again.  This one arrived today with the exact wording and I have been seeing it for about a week I think.

Here's the ad

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

A  good friend of mine just told me about this cool New Social Site, you have to see it...

http://viralnetworks.com/a/173

It truly kills all your birds with one stone...
 * Built For Online Business Owners
 * Network with new contacts, web 2.0 style
 * Automatically builds your list
 * Rewards you for having fun
 * Plenty more….

Don’t delay, Visit the site and check it out…

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

My first reaction is  to contact the advertiser and ask who their friend is? Are they a trusted person you like (friend) or a business mlm associate?

But then I should be asking too many questions as it "automatically builds your list".  Good, cross your arms, sit back and watch this site zoom you into multimillionaire land. 

+0
9/23/2008 1:24:13 PM

I totally agree.  Copy and pasting a generic ad that says the same thing over and over by different people can be quite annoying. 

I have just started being more active on Adland and I certainly would ignore any such advertising so how will it work?

I read post by other members that warn me of such ads being posted and thus I avoid them.  This means that the ads does not work ... doesn't it?

Being personal with people and letting them know about an opportunity is great but blanketing the area with extra flyers that no one pays any attention to is a waste of time.

Thom Dickey, Webmaster http://www.thestarcomputer.com
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/23/2008 5:59:43 PM

Hi Thom,

Welcome back to Adlandpro.  You missed all the generic "daydreamers" thinking about a tool they needed.  I am only receiving one ad every couple of days now.  Some ideas  die hard.

But there will be others sad to say.  Bombard me with ads and that is ok, but just make them authenic with real true to life facts.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!