Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Ads for Idiots
9/15/2008 11:10:23 AM

I don't know about you but this ad is wearing very thin with me! !

"I have just been introduced to a site that I have been hoping someone would make. A Web 2.0 site designed for Internet Marketers, this site really does have everything needed to build the perfect platform for online success."

The opening lines make us think that someone has been sitting around just wishing for a new program to be developed.

The first posting seemed reasonable that someone was waiting for a special tool to run their business. The second one showed us that a copy and paste ad was being ciruculated.

After 20 such posts, it makes one wonder if 20 Adlanders are just sitting around waiting for the pink fairy to create the best program ever developed for the internet. Are these Adlandpro members, who have nothing to do but hum----"Ommmm" and raise their hands to receive the Mega Program everyone is wishing for. Perhaps the moon and sun are in aleignment and the program everyone has been waiting for has been "HATCHED"

What has happened to people using a program, tell everyone how it works for you and show us that it is a viable program.

Ads for idiots, Me thinks that should be an e-book

So how does one create an ad? Copy and Paste sure is not it.

other offers to avoid

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Ads for Idiots
9/15/2008 11:26:17 AM

Hello Mary,

The program is in pre-launch much like uVme was for so long and yes it could be a disappointment too.  The ads gain attention and are part of a concerted effort(teamwork) that appears to be paying off because it has frustrated you.  due the number of times you have seen them.   Plan executed and working,,, Yeeehaaa!

Once the community site has been completed aqnd all systems installed there will be anothher round.  Are you going to be part of it or still yelling because the system and advertising is working?  It is working you know?  When people complain about seeing the same ad everywhere then the action plan ia working.

Yes I may be one of the 20.  Join the team here ViralNetworks

http://www.ad-alyzer.com/727/ViralNetworkingCommunity

Jim

PS:  Watch the video below

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/15/2008 11:32:29 AM
Hi Mary!

You kind of pushed me off the fence of sitting quietly and ignoring all of these group explosions of ads like the one you are referring too and this one....

"Hi Joe,

My name is [name], and I've recently started a personal Internet Marketing mentoring program with Joel Broughton, one of the top marketers online in the Network Marketing industry..... "

At first, I didn't think much about it other than someone wrote out a nice solicitation letter.  BUT after the 25th one... well then I knew... LOL!!!

Personally, I don't mind the traffic of people trying to do their businesses, but I sure hope they understand the effect it has on a community like this when a group does the exact word for word marketing.  Once I receive a dozen, then well... I go into "ignore it" mode.  Sorry everyone!

Thanks for sharing your experience and yes I agree, we need some more "____ for Idiots" books written.  :)

Joe

PS:  I think the era of selling "how to be an internet marketing guru" systems is OVER!  There are plenty of FREE ones out there that get the job done quite well.  LOL!!  There is a new secret, but I can't tell anyone at the moment.

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/15/2008 11:39:29 AM

I am also reminded of an ad that said something like this:  "I called XXXXX last night and talked to the owner about XXXXX."

I acutally believed that the person had had a conversation and that I should believe that the program would be back Aug. 9---up and running. When I began to see other such letters, it became obvious that the poster did not CALL xxxx AND SPEAK TO THEM.

Call me strange but when someone says they did something should they not have done so? 

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/15/2008 11:48:36 AM

Jim,  so glad you mentioned UVME.  Here is the funniest ad I saw for UVME but it was an original of the site owner.

"Join Now, only 1,000 people will accepted.  The offer will soon end when we reach 1,000"

Oh really,  thought it was an MLM and the idea was to recruit thousands, unlimited numbers of eager game players.

When I shared it with an UVME site  owner, we had a good chuckle.  As she said " Two would be fine for me and I wouldn't stop if I got 1,000 to join.

Thanks for the offer, but I will sit it out.  Maybe spend some time dreaming about butterflys, birds, wildflowers as those have already been created and I didn't have to wish them to happen.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!