Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: IS OBAMA A US CITIZEN?????
8/30/2008 3:11:11 PM

Hey Geketa,

The electoral college always influenced the final outcome of the elections. In the majority of the elections the candidate that had the majority of the popular vote won in the end. Bush's "win" was a travesty of justice in my opinion. But that's only what I think.

There have always been deals and all you have to do is read up about the Tammany hall days and you'll see that things haven't changed all that much. Different names and players.

But that said, Obama is a case that hasn't been seen in a presidential election. So many questions unanswered, his citizenship in question and the sheep keep on following this man as if he can walk on water.

Let's hope the people will wake up in time.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2008 3:15:38 PM

Hi Phil,

Love it. What a great reason not to vote for BHO. Save $5,000,000.

That should convince them if nothing else does. :)

Shalom,

Peter

P.S. Joking aside what happens to an 81 year old ex president that isn't independently wealthy???

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2008 9:11:02 PM

Hi Peter,

Thought you might enjoy that.

As for your question...

"What happens to an 81 year old ex president that isn't independently wealthy???"

I really don't know.  I guess that there may be a "Old President's Home", or something similar.  Of course, if they are healthy enough to stand up at a Podium, they can always hit the "rubber-chicken" circuit like Wild Bill did.  Supposedly he earned close to $31 Million between 2001 and 2005, just giving speeches. 

Seriously though, I think that we both know that it's daggone near impossible for a poor man, or even a man or woman of modest means, to ever become President in this country.  The year and a half of campaigning before the Primaries even start, just about takes care of that.  I forget just now exactly how much Hilliary spent of her own money, but it's in the Millions.

Have A Blessed Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/31/2008 1:48:42 AM

Hey Phil,

I thought of that but yet it is a strange law. It's as if they're saying 80 is long enough for you to live get going and say your farewells.

Yeah, these ex presidents and politicians make a pretty good living from the speech circuit. We've got a few Israeli's that are doing very well in the states too. Getting paid enormous fees for an hours work.

Guess we chose the wrong profession.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/31/2008 10:39:05 AM

My Personal Opinion comes from 51 years of life and 33 years as a registered voter and as a US Citizen.

I believe that BHO/Biden have met their match.  The little bounce they are seeing from the convention is getting duller and shorter.  Both have overlooked their own personal morals for personal gain.  Anyone that can support a partial birth abortion as a "right" and support laws that allow this to happen, cannot be trusted.  Simple fact.

No amount of reasoning can make this act reasonable or supportable.  Both these guys support it and have arguments as to why that reasoning is palatable.  This is just one reason this redneck will not vote for that duo.

On the other hand McCain has out maneuvered BHO and chose a 44 year old woman, mother of 5 and the latest one born in April and suffers from downs syndrome.  At first glance I pshawed and thought this was a poor choice.

But after doing some research and weighing the pros and cons I have decided to support the McCain/Palin ticket.  Palin represents my middle class.  They represent my core values far better than the democrats have offered us.

Respectfully,

Jim Allen III

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!