Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: IS OBAMA A US CITIZEN?????
8/30/2008 11:08:05 AM
Hi Peter ..

Here I am back again. I wanted to address a comment Gaby made ..

As far as I  understand the immigration laws of the US have not changed you still CANNOT be president of the USA if you were not born here. Even McCain had issues with that however he did have two natural born parents and was born at a Military base held by the USA and  that is why he is running as president .. the topic came up several years ago  when Arnold Schwarzenegger was considering running and consideration  was made  that many would like to change this law however that has  not  to date taken place.

Blessings,
Geketa
Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2008 11:45:27 AM

Hey Geketa,

I think Gaby is aware that the law didn't change. Her question was a rhetoric one since Obama is apparently trying to beat the system. So far it's working for him. I wonder why???

Shalom,

Peter 

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2008 12:06:19 PM
Hi Peter .. lol ok ..

Since you asked "I wonder why Obama is beating the system" .. Here is my opinion:

First .. I do not believe we the people actually vote anyone into office any longer it is the electoral college  votes that elects the president and those do not always agree with the popular votes ..ie.  Al Gore , now do they? No one will ever know about what happened there.

Voting is corrupt as are the campaigns and those that are running them and those being campaigned.

Second its seem to me and many others there are  things going on behind the scenes the common everyday Joe has not a clue about . I believe the presidents are selected not elected .. !

Shalom,
Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2008 12:38:00 PM

Hi Brian,

There was some concern about Obama doing a live outdoor speech in front of 85,000 people on the anniversary of Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech.  I noticed some flinching when the fireworks went off, like some people in the audience were afraid of possible gunshots.

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2008 1:00:21 PM

Hi Peter,

I received this in an email the other day from a Friend.  Now, I am not necessarily endorsing either candidate, although I am certain that anyone who has been awake for the past few months knows who my candidate is and why he is my choice.  I just thought that this might be fun to share.

A President's pension is currently $191,300 per year, which he or she would receive until they reach their 80th birthday.

Assuming that the next President lives to age 80;  Senator McCain would receive ZERO pension since he would reach 80 at the end of two terms, and Senator Obama would be retired for 26 years after his two terms and therefore would receive $4,973,800 in pension.

Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to elect McCain in November.

How's that for non-partisan thinking?

Have A Blessed Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!