Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: I Need Your Prayers and Your Support...
7/25/2008 9:49:54 PM
Jim,
 I am not going to turn this prayer request forum into a debate. however I feel I should address Guadalupe for by his inquery .

First I am neither Christian nor Catholic so you should respect me and my religion as I respect yours.
 So no I will NOT add an O when I refer to G-d. Here is the short answer to your question
You are not to use lightly the name of YHVH your God, because YHVH will not leave unpunished someone who uses his name lightly."
(Exodus 20:7 CJB)
The name of our G-D and the titles by which He is known are extremely important and a casual use of "G-d" fails to communicate adequately the greatness, majesty, holiness, and grace of the One to whom we refer.
In the Jewish tradition unless the names of G-d are being pronounced in prayer they are not used. This is the reason they leave the "o" out of G-d when they write and why they use the designation HaShem when referring to Him both in speech and in writing.  HaShem which simply means "His Name." Using G-d’s Name in any way that may be disrespectful; like using the exclamation "Oh my G-d" or "I swear to G-d," and any other such expressions are using His Name in vain.  HaShem’s Name needs to be respected honored and revered.
Hence, to distinguish the Holy One of Israel from other gods when we use the plain word - "G-d" - is to leave the "o" out and insert the "-" instead. Even secular Jews do this, not in particular because of their faith but because this is a tradition handed down for thousands of years, just as we say at the end of every year's Passover Seder, "Shanah ha'ba'ah b'yerushalaim"/Next year in Jerusalem."

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2008 11:56:31 PM

First of all, I am humbled, and grateful to my friends here at Adlandpro. In a certain aspect, you, my friends, are more of a support factor, than others that are close to me, and for that, I must say thank you to each one who has posted today. I will respond to each one.

Geketa, I will respond to you first, as I, as well as Guadalupe have learned something new about your religion. When I learn something new, I feel like the day was not totally wasted. I have always respected you for your beliefs, and since they are similar, I'm always interested in learning more. Thank you for the explanation. Have a great evening!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/26/2008 12:01:08 AM

Sara, angel cuddles back to you. Thank you so much for stopping by. I am using my cellphone to access the internet, and it takes too long to download photos, so I will not use any this round. I hope you understand. Have a great weekend!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/26/2008 12:04:27 AM
Mattias, thank you for the prayer, it means the world to me right now.
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/26/2008 12:07:41 AM
Alexia, thank you so much for stopping by with your words of support. It's good to see you again:)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!