Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Re: It's Time To Honor The 136th POTW, BETTY A. STRANGE
3/29/2008 5:59:02 PM

Hey, Joe!!!

You are just too sweet!  What can I say!!!!!

Thanks for the email and  for coming to my  party once more.  I appreciate all your kind words and everything that you've done and said, in my regard, this week, Joe.  I'll remember this week always!  It's not EVERY 75 year old LA broad that gets talked about, and talked to, as sweetly as I'VE been talked to and talked about this week, I can bet you!!!   If we could all  have just gotten together and danced awhile, and had a glass of wine or two, that would have made this party complete - - would it not have????????

Joe, if you can tell me this, please do, or I'll email one of the POTW team.  Is my last day to have this forum ending Sat. at midnight or Sunday at midnight?  If you know, clue me in, OK?  Thanks!

Got to go.  I 've got some beans and a ham bone cooking and I need to go check them out.  Gonna make some tea and cornbread to go with them.  Yum, yum!!!

Chat with you later, Joe.

Hugs, Hugs!

Betty

+0
Robert Coaster

581 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/29/2008 6:01:41 PM
Congrats Betty!
+0
3/29/2008 7:23:55 PM

Hi, there, Robert,

Glad you dropped in, and thanks very much for your congratulatory note! 

Betty

+0
3/29/2008 7:49:53 PM

Well, hello, everyone here at Adland!!!!

I don't know when my last minute to post is, so I'm gonna do it  NOW. 

Words will just not let me describe how very thankful and appreciative I am to have had this marvelous and memory-making week!  You all are just the Cat's Meow!!!!  Every one of  you! And for my birthday to come during this time, made it even better!!   Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the laughs, tears and giggles that you've produced for me.  I'll never forget it.  And I hope you won't forget me when it comes time to celebrate some of the others, either!  Just let me know what's going on, OK? 

And if I ever decide to write that Best Seller, I'll be sure to let you know about it, cause I'll be expecting each of you to buy a copy!!!  ha ha 

By the way, I HAVE had a poem published before.  I entered one of those National Library Poetry contests, and won an Honorable Mention Award.  It was published in their 1997 Awards book, entitled "The Nightfall of  Diamonds"!  I wrote this to my  husband, because of many reasons.  We had some marital problems that I won't get into - - unless I write my book - - but this was kinda my way to get his attention, I guess.  Hope you like it!!

TO MY HUSBAND:  A Lesson In Life 101

Life is so strange the way it all works;

We look for its benefits and all of its perks.

Most of us aren't rich, but we're trying to be;

We chance lotto, sweepstakes and whatever we see.

Life hands us all kinds of ups and downs;

Lots of grins, smiles, and sometimes, frowns.

But so far, it's proven to be lots of fun

Whether we're watching the tube, or out in the sun!

Take charge of your life as you onward go;

Learn to live, love and make lots of dough!

But remember the best things in life are still free -

The sun, the wind, the rain - - and me.

Betty A. Strange

(Book received 6/10/97,  he passed away 7/6/98)

Thank you for putting up with some of my silliness, but when you get honored, as I've been honored all week, you feel as if you can have a "cat" week - - DO ANY DAMN THING YOU WANT TO!  HA HA   And, folks, I have DONE that! 

Thanks, again, for being my friends, my buddies, and  my pals.  I love you all very much!!!

Betty

+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/29/2008 8:50:09 PM
Betty,

You certainly are and have been a very special lady to all of us here.  It is truly an honor to have you as a friend.  You are one that knows what life is really all about.  We are fortunate to have wise friends like you along our journeys or we would be like the masses that will not actually figure it out until it is too late to appreciate.  Thank you for sharing such a beautiful poem. 

You have as long as you like to post in this forum.  It will always be in the archives for you to visit as often as you want.  Anyone at anytime can post new or continued posts here.  I suggest that you place a link to it in your ABOUT ME page so that new friends will be able to find it and learn how wonderful you are in a short time.  So, don't worry... the party is never over, they just get moved around sometimes.  :)

I have enjoyed this week with you and all the silliness.  Hey, it has been all about Betty and that is what it was suppose to be about.  You did fantastic! 

Congratulations and welcome to the POTW family!

Sincerest warm hugs,

Joe

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!