Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: MySpace To Start Removing Biz Profiles. We Are Ready For You ...
11/7/2006 7:23:59 AM
hello Kenneth...thanks for the update...goodness...I am not on my space anyway...Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0
11/7/2006 11:15:15 AM
Hi Larry,

There are many marketers taking advantage of the millions of members at MySpace. And MySpace is seeing it as lost revenue to them. So it looks like they will be sqeezing out the competition and monopolizing the situation.

Sooner or later the 'consumers' there will figure out all of the ads that are on MySpace are spyware and hopeful catch it before it gets too late with massive infections to PC's.

Advertisers like CasaleMedia, 2o7, Real and many more not only have tracking cookies but are tracking your surfing habits, know your op system, your browser and version, your IP address and more stuff.

Millions daily log in and never think about any of this, especially the teens that don't care.

Anyway, best to you.

Kenneth
+0
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/7/2006 10:12:31 PM
Hi Nan, Thank You! I appreciate your doing that. Neil
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/8/2006 12:54:25 AM
neil,
you are welcome. http://www.bizzyblogz.com is the safest place you can work and play in.
nan
+0
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/8/2006 1:09:45 PM

Hi Kenneth:

Just something I'd like to interject here.  Most websites out there track your IP address.....and they know your surfing habits anyway.  (where you've been that day)  This info is supposed to be used by web developers to curtail their websites to best suit the liking of the surfers to their sites. 

And just knowing an IP address/browser isn't enough info to be able to do any damage of real consequence.  Unless of course the surfer is ignorant enough to be online without sufficient protection.

Ever sign up to recieve a newsletter?  Well, dime against a dollar that they retrieved more than your name and email address.

It is true that MySpace allows spyware........but you'd be surprised to find out just how many of the "safer" sites out there know your info as well........ 

PING!

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!