Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: MySpace To Start Removing Biz Profiles. We Are Ready For You ...
11/6/2006 8:17:20 PM
hi neil,
i wanted to let you know that there are 4 in my signature line. go check them out. you can get a peak that way.
nan
+0
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/7/2006 12:13:43 AM

Hi Kenneth!  :-)

I had no idea that MySpace was planning on removing any business profiles.  May I ask where you retrieved this information?

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0
11/7/2006 3:46:29 AM
Hello Brian,

I am looking for the source from where I read it. I do remember it stating that it is in the TERMS at MySpace that we do not use an account for commercial reasons. Here's from the MySpace terms what I found.

======>

Non-commercial Use by Members. The MySpace Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by MySpace.com. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the MySpace Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the MySpace Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the MySpace Services.

Source: http://www.myspace.com/Modules/Common/Pages/TermsConditions.aspx

======>

They do, at the bottom of their pages have a link "Advertise With Us". This is the sqeeze for them to generate more revenue. Remember, this puppy costed $2.3 Billion.

Anyway, I will continue through my vast emails and links to find the source for you.

Take care.

Kenneth
+0
11/7/2006 4:49:07 AM
I did come across this but this isn't what I saw originally.

======>

http://www.situationmarketing.com/thesituation/articles/643

> Home > Article Closeup

Beware of MySpace.com

Wed, July 12, 2006

Tags: 15 - 25 Demographic, Case Study, MySpace

Over the past year, we've presented the case of "why" and "how" to use MySpace.com as part of your overall marketing plan.  Well, we now have some news that you should be clearly aware of before creating a MySpace for your next show.  At any point in time, MySpace can delete your account without warning.  We've had this happen twice over the past two months to two different accounts.  One account was named after one of the characters of the show while the other was set-up to represent an entire production.

We spoke to our advertising contact at MySpace.com and he could do nothing to fix the situation.  In short, if we had paid for an ad campaign on MySpace for the accounts that had been deleted, this wouldn't have been an issue.  Just an FYI, campaigns don't come cheap on MySpace and aren't exactly a fit for the typical theatregoer.

The days of using MySpace as a commercial vehicle at no cost may rapidly be coming to an end.

If you have a MySpace now that you set-up for no cost, please beware that you could wake-up one morning and see it gone with the following email in your inbox from MySpace.  It's important to stress that if they want to remove your MySpace account, you receive no warning - simply an email saying it's been deleted and that it can't be reinstated.

Hello,

MySpace has deleted your profile because we received a credible complaint of your violation of the MySpace Terms of Services.

Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:

-Any automated use of the system, such as using scripts and/or bots to add friends, send messages, etc.

-For band and filmmaker profiles, MySpace prohibits sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive content intended to draw traffic to the profile.

-MySpace also investigates credible complaints of copyright/trademark infringement and will delete any materials that infringe upon the intellectual property rights of third parties.

For a more thorough list of prohibited content/activity, please refer to the MySpace Terms of Service located at the bottom of MySpace.com.

If we delete your account, it cannot be reinstated.

Thank you,

MySpace.com

======>

Here is someone that is claiming it happened to them.

Now on to find that other article.

Kenneth
+0
11/7/2006 5:32:00 AM
Hi Kenneth :) thanks for the info, I had a quick look, looks interesting, will check it out more in a day or so! Have a great day :)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!