Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: SOUND OFF ON ANY TOPIC YOU WANT TO.
10/29/2013 3:34:46 PM
This is shameful Evelyn. Let me ask you a rhetorical question. What if that place was occupied by illegal aliens do you think they would have shut it down?? IMHO, I sorta doubt it.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:
This article made me so angry not mention sad and brought a lump to my throat. Another case of government mismanagement, although this time it was state government and endangered people's lives. Why in heavens name if they were going to shut the place down did they not see to it that all the residents were relocated. This is criminal, in my opinion.

Posted: 8:18 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013

By Kevin L. Jones

KTVU.com

CASTRO VALLEY, Calif. —

An assisted living facility for the elderly in Castro Valley was evacuated Saturday afternoon after almost all of its staff abandoned the facility, which was still housing over a dozen patients, when it was shut down by the state days before, according to authorities.

About 14 patients at Valley Springs Manor, an elderly care facility on Apricot Way in Castro Valley, were evacuated by paramedics starting around 4 p.m. Saturday.

Alameda County Fire officials said that many of the patients were taken to nearby hospitals for treatment.

According to Alameda County Sheriff's officials, the California Department of Social Services shut down the facility on Thursday, Oct. 24, and the majority of employees left, as they would not be receiving wages from then on.

But 14 of the patients receiving care there were unable to leave the facility for various reasons -- several were bedridden -- so some staff members stayed, including a cook, some janitorial staff and one caregiver, according to the sheriff's department.

The authorities were not alerted to the situation until early Saturday, after one of the patients went missing.

Upon arrival, emergency responders found only a skeleton crew assisting dozens of elderly residents, some in need of full-time care.

Alameda County Sheriff's Department were also scene Saturday evening, looking for the facility's owners, as they faced charges of elderly abuse.

"We're talkiing about human beings here. How do you just abandon them? It's heartbreaking," said Sgt. JD Nelson, Alameda County Sheriff's public information officer.

One review of Valley Springs Manor posted on Caring.com reads:

"Check the public record for reasons this place has been fined several times for several things. The owner is not permitted on the property. Please keep looking. We have no nurses and the food is not conducive to balanced nutrition or diabetic needs," said the review, written by "Karlek."

This story will be updated when more details become available.

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+1
10/29/2013 3:45:21 PM
Hi Peter, shameful is an understatement and no, if this facility had been inhabited by illegals it would have definitely been a different story.

Quote:
This is shameful Evelyn. Let me ask you a rhetorical question. What if that place was occupied by illegal aliens do you think they would have shut it down?? IMHO, I sorta doubt it.

Shalom,

Peter

Quote:
This article made me so angry not mention sad and brought a lump to my throat. Another case of government mismanagement, although this time it was state government and endangered people's lives. Why in heavens name if they were going to shut the place down did they not see to it that all the residents were relocated. This is criminal, in my opinion.

Posted: 8:18 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013

By Kevin L. Jones

KTVU.com

CASTRO VALLEY, Calif. —

An assisted living facility for the elderly in Castro Valley was evacuated Saturday afternoon after almost all of its staff abandoned the facility, which was still housing over a dozen patients, when it was shut down by the state days before, according to authorities.

About 14 patients at Valley Springs Manor, an elderly care facility on Apricot Way in Castro Valley, were evacuated by paramedics starting around 4 p.m. Saturday.

Alameda County Fire officials said that many of the patients were taken to nearby hospitals for treatment.

According to Alameda County Sheriff's officials, the California Department of Social Services shut down the facility on Thursday, Oct. 24, and the majority of employees left, as they would not be receiving wages from then on.

But 14 of the patients receiving care there were unable to leave the facility for various reasons -- several were bedridden -- so some staff members stayed, including a cook, some janitorial staff and one caregiver, according to the sheriff's department.

The authorities were not alerted to the situation until early Saturday, after one of the patients went missing.

Upon arrival, emergency responders found only a skeleton crew assisting dozens of elderly residents, some in need of full-time care.

Alameda County Sheriff's Department were also scene Saturday evening, looking for the facility's owners, as they faced charges of elderly abuse.

"We're talkiing about human beings here. How do you just abandon them? It's heartbreaking," said Sgt. JD Nelson, Alameda County Sheriff's public information officer.

One review of Valley Springs Manor posted on Caring.com reads:

"Check the public record for reasons this place has been fined several times for several things. The owner is not permitted on the property. Please keep looking. We have no nurses and the food is not conducive to balanced nutrition or diabetic needs," said the review, written by "Karlek."

This story will be updated when more details become available.

+0
10/29/2013 3:48:33 PM
Seems that more people are waking up and speaking out and again this is not something you are going to see on the evening news. This is the type of stories the liberals want to keep hidden and off the airways.

Exodus: Inner-City Blacks Abandoning Obama & Democrat's Liberal Agenda

Published on Oct 29, 2012

+0
10/30/2013 1:54:02 PM
If this doesn't make you angry then you must be brain dead. Too many people have no shame anymore nor pride.
I realize many people getting food stamps need them but there is too much abuse of the system and if these abuses were dealt with, there would be many losing their benefits, like this leach.

Published on Aug 9, 2013

Fox News Follows California Beach Bum Living Off Food Stamps For Years

[Pt. 1]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP_izYhdehY#t=161

[Pt. 2] Fox News Follows California Beach Bum Living Off Food Stamps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I3IToVMexk

+0
10/30/2013 2:08:26 PM
I have to laugh every time I see a low information liberal bashing the Republicans, although I am not a Republican, because most of the time they don't have a clue. For instance, I've seen some of them trying to blame the Republicans for things the Democrats are responsible for.

Democrats Protest $5 Billion Food Stamp Cut They Voted For

Posted:

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!