Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Truth tellers
3/17/2012 2:46:03 PM
This is so much information in this clip, it is mind blowing. It makes a lot of sense to me why things happen they way they do. See what you think............

The video below tells about the real purpose of the chemtrails and how they relate to Morgellons Disease

the video shows the morgs in action in the body----Summary on the real purpose of chemtrails

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/22/2012 4:52:03 PM
Hi Myrna and friends,

I am bringing in an old subject subject of debate, but since we all want to know the truth on such controversial issues as this is...

Hugs,

Miguel

Now We Know: Decriminalization DOES Cut Drug Use

Ten years ago,
Portugal took the unprecedented step of decriminalizing all drugs. One decade after this much derided experiment, drug abuse is down by half. Street drug related deaths from overdoses and the rate of HIV cases have crashed.

Instead of jail, the ‘evidence based’ policy dictates drug treatment for users. Treatment funding came from money saved on enforcement.

Drug use has dropped so much that, proportionally, more Americans have used cocaine than Portuguese have used marijuana.

John Stossel spoke to a chief police inspector in Lisbon who was very dubious about decriminalization at first. But now he’s a convert. He told Stossel, “the level of conflicts on the street are reduced … drug related robberies are reduced … and now police are not the enemies of the consumers.”

Businessman Richard Branson, part of the Global Commission on Drug policy, recently argued in support of Portugal’s policy having seen it working on a visit:

We’ve studied the war on drugs and try to look at the best approach. The war on drugs has obviously patently failed.

Why punish the young? The way I’d like to talk to a politician, if it was your son… would you recommend prison? And none of them would.

A number of Latin American countries, ravaged by the ‘drug war,’ are talking about decriminalization. Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina is amongst those openly contemplating the legalization of the use and transportation of narcotics.

“Latin American citizens and government leaders are openly protesting a model where their nations pay in blood and lives to fill U.S. defense contractors’ pockets and spread the Pentagon’s global reach — with few, if any, positive results,” wrote Laura Carlsen, the director of the Mexico City-based Americas Program for the Center for International Policy.

“A real discussion on effective strategies has to include the option of legalization.”

But they are getting strong blowback from the Obama Administration. Vice President Joe Biden was dispatched to the region early March with the message that “there are more problems with legalization than with non-legalization.”

Ethan Nadelmann, founder and executive director of the Drug Policy Alliance, told Democracy Now that the decriminalization debate can “no longer be suppressed.”

AMY GOODMAN: Eric Holder, the attorney general, has put out this light-hearted plea for another year of — another season of – ‘The Wire’, which is the well-known HBO series, very critical of the war on drugs. And David Simon, its creator, said, if they will end the drug war, or change the drug war. President Obama, it’s known as one of his favorite series, ‘The Wire’, yet ‘The Wire’s message is that the war on drugs has failed.

ETHAN NADELMANN: You know, there’s a disconnect in the American drug war. There’s a disconnect between — in the minds of Holder and Obama and others. They’re afraid of what would happen if they touch this issue and the Republicans go after them. But ultimately, some leadership is required. And the message of ‘The Wire’ and David Simon’s message is: this misery is going to continue until we change the fundamental strategy.

Watch Democracy Now report on drug decriminalization moves in Latin America:

Watch video here

Related stories:

Indiana GOP Withdraws Drug Testing Bill Because Lawmakers Would Be Tested Too!

Colorado Will Vote On Marijuana Legalization

Cops Fired For Beliefs About Marijuana

Read more: , , , , ,

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/now-we-know-decriminalization-does-cut-drug-use.html#ixzz1prhffrQ5

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/23/2012 4:39:39 AM
Hi Miguel,

Don't you think it took all the fun out of the drugs, they could get them, so now who is that interested.

When I heard the CIA was a drug runner, I was shocked. I have been so surprised to find out so many things that the government is in Now many things make sense to me. Our government is behind the whole thing. It is nothing but a money maker for the Cabal. Selling drugs they make money, putting people in prison, they make money, so why not keep the drugs going, If they make it legal there would be less interest, therefore, no money.

What are your thoughts?

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/23/2012 10:31:55 AM
Hi Myrna,

You mean, I am being too naive? But my post was intended as an eye-opener only. If there was any other related thought behind it, it maybe was how better everything went to the U.S after the alcohol prohibition was lifted and the years during which it was kept, which actually saw the number of crimes increased by 24%, ended. In those years, according to Wikipedia, "The lack of a solid popular consensus for the ban resulted in the growth of vast criminal organizations, including the modern American Mafia, and various other criminal cliques. Widespread disrespect of the law also generated rampant corruption among politicians and within police forces."

Y
ou know how I think about alcohol, it always has seemed to me the worst drug as compared with any other drugs. No other drug can induce the kind of atrocities it does under its influence, including killing and raping or simply using violence against other people. In addition, the article (here) sets from the start the parameters under which such a law as took effect in Portugal in 2001 would work. "Under the new legal framework, [in Portugal] all drugs were "decriminalized," not "legalized." Thus, drug possession for personal use and drug usage itself are still legally prohibited, but violations of those prohibitions are deemed to be exclusively administrative violations and are removed completely from the criminal realm. Drug trafficking continues to be prosecuted as a criminal offense."

Of course, I know passing and implementing such a law in your country would be extremely difficult, considering it is your government that is behind the whole thing as you put. I don't make too much illusion myself about it. I guess we have to wait for the upcoming Golden age to arrive and change everything before we can see that.

Hugs,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/23/2012 3:39:20 PM
Hi Miguel and Myrna,
Yes our 'caring voted in and secret Govt' has been shipping in drugs via the military freight planes for years during the various wars the US has been involved in. After all who would think to look inside coffins of the many killed in battle being shipped back home to their families?
It is a disgrace that they would use our Military troops to load up drugs inside coffins and other crates etc on the planes, many of these troops have no idea but there is enough that know fully well what is going on.
The Govt make billions of dollars from the street value of our young getting hooked daily.

Quote:
Hi Myrna,

You mean, I am being too naive? But my post was intended as an eye-opener only. If there was any other related thought behind it, it maybe was how better everything went to the U.S after the alcohol prohibition was lifted and the years during which it was kept, which actually saw the number of crimes increased by 24%, ended. In those years, according to Wikipedia, "The lack of a solid popular consensus for the ban resulted in the growth of vast criminal organizations, including the modern American Mafia, and various other criminal cliques. Widespread disrespect of the law also generated rampant corruption among politicians and within police forces."

Y
ou know how I think about alcohol, it always has seemed to me the worst drug as compared with any other drugs. No other drug can induce the kind of atrocities it does under its influence, including killing and raping or simply using violence against other people. In addition, the article (here) sets from the start the parameters under which such a law as took effect in Portugal in 2001 would work. "Under the new legal framework, [in Portugal] all drugs were "decriminalized," not "legalized." Thus, drug possession for personal use and drug usage itself are still legally prohibited, but violations of those prohibitions are deemed to be exclusively administrative violations and are removed completely from the criminal realm. Drug trafficking continues to be prosecuted as a criminal offense."

Of course, I know passing and implementing such a law in your country would be extremely difficult, considering it is your government that is behind the whole thing as you put. I don't make too much illusion myself about it. I guess we have to wait for the upcoming Golden age to arrive and change everything before we can see that.

Hugs,

Miguel

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!