Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Forum Informum - Feedback for Business and Pleasure
7/5/2011 4:38:14 PM
Well we can now see why this will be a difficult task. Submitting the required info for the business and then not being able to receive the kudos for being in the know about the business removes the incentive.

This leaves me with this question: "Why is it that nearly everything in this world today wants to remove the individuality from the equation?"

What is the incentive if you remove the individual from the equation?

Plus most offerings allow folks to join without a host. With cookie systems in effect on many of these sites if you come without a host you are assigned one.

Most seek a subscription to access the most pertinent info this takes the individual out even more, allowing the program to prosper but not the individual. Just asking and thinking out loud.

Quote:
Hi Barry (and Glen!),

I just also posted this in the "Feature Of The Week" forum in reply...I also have concerns and suggestions about the new Top Biz feature.

How will nominations be made? Who will be chosen to be featured in the biz ballot area if there are numerous nominations of the same businesses by different members? The first person who makes the nomination, or the person who puts in the most details? I have a lot of questions.

Do you think it would be better to have a criteria of...

"Which businesses would the community like to see in a group discussion?"

...and just feature the businesses without links, and WITHOUT one person featured with each biz, in the voting post, and then anyone who's a member can put their link in their signature file and let people know about it during comments. That could provide a more equal spread of traffic and a lot more details of peoples experiences, and less hassles than having featured people/person needing to reply and explain to every post/question, the replies could come from all members of those businesses, whoever is available and knows and understands the biz they are in.

-----------------

I was just reading other posts here about blogging...if we post a lot here at ALP community, we can find our posts on certain topics and create a compilation of old posts and easily paste those into a blog series, I'm really thinking about it now!

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
7/5/2011 4:53:06 PM
Right Jim!

Too much of automated functions makes the blogging empty and if the blogger hasn´t created the content himself, the readers will lose trust.I have often heard that the success in internet business goes through auto responders and all those automated functions but I am following my own working system around long term business and it works.I am earning better money than before and it increases all the time.Unique content on my blog works the best and I am creating it.

Quote:
The longer you wait for things to be just right the longer the path to success. Blogging great but is also losing its attractiveness, because of the sudden influx of auto-blogs, he1l you don't even have to write your content anymore. Thus a huge number of blogs on any topic or niche are being exploited as we speak. As with anything useful automation will be the downfall. Best thing to do is start blogging and get your ideas out there. Stop waiting. Get busy. There is lots of help here if you seek it out from those that know. Many are right here in this thread.

Quote:

I made more money in MLM and networking offline than I ever did online. Why. I actually spoke to real people about real products.

I have huge gaps in my online business knowledge. I struggle with a lot of things like optimisation etc.

What I do know is that I have a pretty unique idea that needs marketing and I am looking to do it via blogs, however, despite all my online presence I don't know where to start. So, what chance total newbies.

It takes a certain type of brain to undedrstand many online procedures. Despite being around these things for years I still don't understand matix processes.

Things actually get MORE difficult because all the simple things have been tried.

No doubt about it though, Good products at the right price properly sold is still the way to go.

Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/5/2011 5:03:15 PM
It takes a lot of courage to step outside your comfort zone and do something that is different, but you are very correct Jim, the longer you wait the longer it takes to reach your goal.

In many ways I consider myself a blogging purist in that being real, talking to what you know, having relevant content is very important.

Many people succumb to the automated way of doing things and I cringe and run away as fast as I can. while tools are useful, the laziness of people who attempt to be like A listers or "sheeple" drives me crazy, but people will do as they do.

Business blogs have their place in this world, but it can be daunting to say the least and many have little to no concept on what they are really doing. Saying that, there are many people who can teach if you are willing to learn and you just have to deal with reality...it takes work and focus.

I really feel that people go wrong because they come from the point of view...oh set up a blog..put all my programs on the site and wham..a million bucks will happen NOT!

I have found the best blogs to be those that talk to an interest over and above "programs". for example...if you are into music...talk to that subject and then after a while find those products or services that will compliment what you are talking about. Develop your voice and your passion/ find others who also love music and create your own social web ... it takes time, but the results are worth it.

I have a friend who talks about aging ... she is now at the point where she is making that income just by being herself, talking to what she knows and telling about things she has found. Her credibility is awesome...food for thought.

Have I added value to this conversation? hope so

Best Regards,

@blogneta
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/5/2011 6:08:26 PM
Quote:
Well we can now see why this will be a difficult task. Submitting the required info for the business and then not being able to receive the kudos for being in the know about the business removes the incentive.

This leaves me with this question: "Why is it that nearly everything in this world today wants to remove the individuality from the equation?"

Plus most offerings allow folks to join without a host. With cookie systems in effect on many of these sites if you come without a host you are assigned one.

Most seek a subscription to access the most pertinent info this takes the individual out even more, allowing the program to prosper but not the individual. Just asking and thinking out loud.

I read what you wrote Jim a few times, to be sure that I understood what you were saying.

If I am understanding you correctly you are saying. "what is the point of recommending any business if you are not going to get anything out of it?"

If you are talking about creating a "quick" down line, I guess that will not happen ( apologies if that came out blunt, but didn't know how to word that better)

So... what is the point to this whole exercise, well it sure has created a way for people to reconnect and talk..lol

Ok, being serious now -

Why do we recommend anything? If we talk about a great store that we have found, it is because we found it to be good for a variety of reasons. when we talk to people we give our opinions without even thinking about what is in it for us...we do it because we like or conversely dislike something.

There is a flaw and in my opinion quite a big flaw to this whole idea and it needs to be mentioned.

If you are talking about any program or business where you may make any money or gratuities from it, you have to state that fact:

The Federal Trade Commission, under their revised http://www.ftc.gov/os/2009/10/091005revisedendorsementguides.pdf require the disclosure of affiliate relationship and material connection for individuals posting content where they may be materially compensated.

so...when one says Business A is a great business and here are the reasons, one has to also say something to the effect of " Even though I am not giving you my affiliate link, I am part of this program and have made money or whatever from it."

funny thing is that if you do your "job" well enough, if you have developed trust and credibility with people because of your actions and reliability, then people are going to come to you ( relationship marketing) ask questions and who knows they may say..you know what.. I like what you are saying and sign me up?

I am not even going to try to pretend to have all the answers, all I can give are my opinions.
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/5/2011 7:37:27 PM
Quote:
Quote:

I read what you wrote Jim a few times, to be sure that I understood what you were saying.

If I am understanding you correctly you are saying. "what is the point of recommending any business if you are not going to get anything out of it?"

If you are talking about creating a "quick" down line, I guess that will not happen ( apologies if that came out blunt, but didn't know how to word that better)

So... what is the point to this whole exercise, well it sure has created a way for people to reconnect and talk..lol

Ok, being serious now -

Why do we recommend anything? If we talk about a great store that we have found, it is because we found it to be good for a variety of reasons. when we talk to people we give our opinions without even thinking about what is in it for us...we do it because we like or conversely dislike something.

There is a flaw and in my opinion quite a big flaw to this whole idea and it needs to be mentioned.

If you are talking about any program or business where you may make any money or gratuities from it, you have to state that fact:

The Federal Trade Commission, under their revised http://www.ftc.gov/os/2009/10/091005revisedendorsementguides.pdf require the disclosure of affiliate relationship and material connection for individuals posting content where they may be materially compensated.

so...when one says Business A is a great business and here are the reasons, one has to also say something to the effect of " Even though I am not giving you my affiliate link, I am part of this program and have made money or whatever from it."

funny thing is that if you do your "job" well enough, if you have developed trust and credibility with people because of your actions and reliability, then people are going to come to you ( relationship marketing) ask questions and who knows they may say..you know what.. I like what you are saying and sign me up?

I am not even going to try to pretend to have all the answers, all I can give are my opinions.

A good point and If I must give the disclaimer then my a$$ is on the line for a generic link, even though because of the rules I am in no position to profit. We are talking about exposing businesses for discussion purposes...To what end? A good conversation and hope others will do the right thing if they have an interest? Now we know that is against human nature they will run for whomever is most popular and generally not because that person is versed in that particular enterprise. But the person promoting the flavor of the day, hoping to ride to the top without doing the work.

The relationship begins at the point of sale always.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!