Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: Forum Informum - Feedback for Business and Pleasure
6/28/2011 5:08:29 PM
This is serious stuff and you are the talented networkers.This would lead to an internet business with more integrity and more long term opportunities overall.My heart goes definitely in that direction in what I am doing.

Credits to both Glen and Diane!

Quote:
I believe that you are right Glen, keeping any link generic,t will keep the business in question, more objective for everyone, they won't be thinking of the "me" equation and that is truly the best way to do things.

There is so much information regarding "work online" home businesses" and so forth, but understanding the criteria on HOW to choose a business that would be right for you is not so easily forthcoming or can be very distorted.

Coming from the school of hard knocks as well as doing a lot of research on understanding what people should look for, I hope that these tips will be helpful.

These are generic tips and not pointed to any particular program or business that one might see. This is a long ( winded lol) post so thanks for your patience ahead of time.

Questions to ask:

1. How long has the business been around? Many businesses will fail within the first two years for a variety of reasons. There are those who will say to stay away from the pre-launch or ground floor hype and while I agree with that, to me the keyword is hype, which leads me to number 2.

2. Check out any business, new or long standing for third party credibility. I am sure you have seen sites that have testimonials, but if they don't offer a way to verify the sources, stay away from it. The expression of its easy to talk the talk, but can they walk the walk is very appropriate to this tip. There are those businesses that have been around for a long time and one business comes to my mind... here are some thoughts to credibility - is the business in question in good standing witht the Better Business bureau? Is it financially secure? Has it recieved any awards or recognition form other reputable organizations? What if any complaints have lodged against the business in mind?

3. In my mind, when one is thinking of products or services, the word integrity comes to mind. Lets face it, its hard to sell something you do not know or like. With that in mind - Is the product or service useful and does it have a "stand alone" value which would be appreciated and having benefit to buyers? Can you test out the product or service in question to see if it really is as good as the advertisements say it is? What type of cash-back guarentee does it have? These are powerful motivators not only for you the affiliate, but will be even more powerful for your buyers.

4. Training and support is very important to anyone, seasoned or novice who is running their own online business. Will you be personally mentored? is there information on the business site to help you learn and even more important, if you have questions will they be answered? What tools are you given to help you get the word out about the product and service?

5. What is the compensation plan? Do you even understand what it is and is it easy to understand? here are some issues that you should be considering:

1) In a matrix type business, are you penalized for helping someone start the same business who then grows faster than you (breakaways, you don’t want that)
2). Conversely, can you do better than those who came in before you?
3). Are you paid based on products/services (to be legal) and what is that payment (% or flat rate)? Most importantly, is the plan fair and reasonable? Many business opportunities have lots of hype such as "we’ll do the work for you", "find 3 and its free"

6. Always read the legal stuff, it may be dry reading, but in the end it will be worth every agonizing moment to help you understand what you are getting into and is it going to be worth your while.

Best Regards,

@blogneta
Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/28/2011 5:35:14 PM
Thank you for a lovely compliment, that means a lot to me ^-^

I am very aware that most of what I say, can come across quite abrupt and outspoken to many people, but I come from a place of caring that people have a chance to succeed in what they are doing, regardless of what it is.

Far too often people come online to make money and are sold a hype load of BS and that is a simple fact.

Creating an online business whether it is being an affiliate or being a business owner, takes time, thought and having the knowledge to make good decisions for the long term and not the immediate gratifications that people are told they should expect.

Any good business owner is going to look at those tips that I just posted and will do everything they can to make sure that these needs are met.

We talk about customer support as being very important to the growth of a business from the consumer standpoint, but as a business, we need to look at the "affiliate" support in a more meaningful way. Lets face it, if we don't take care of the people who are willing to talk about us, then we won't have any business for very long.

I am always going to prefer dealing with social media as a whole, but I have learned that by listening to the issues of people who are "working" for us, then we need better ways to teach, help and support our affiliates in ways where we will all reach the end in mind.

Thanks @Mattias for you support and would say..shucks you are a pretty good networker also ^-^
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/28/2011 5:41:29 PM
Look I am going to say right off taking the "me" out of the equation takes me out. Unless I owned the business outright, there is no incentive. Justing thinking outloud. This is the problem everyone wants to make money, BUT, no one wants you to make money if this concept of take "me" out of equation wins out. Especially if the reasoning for this forum or exercise is to promote business opportunities or is to be a bazar of table goods?. Let's face it many of us here are capitalists at heart.

Quote:
I believe that you are right Glen, keeping any link generic, it will keep the business in question, more objective for everyone, they won't be thinking of the "me" equation and that is truly the best way to do things.

There is so much information regarding "work online" home businesses" and so forth, but understanding the criteria on HOW to choose a business that would be right for you is not so easily forthcoming or can be very distorted.

Coming from the school of hard knocks as well as doing a lot of research on understanding what people should look for, I hope that these tips will be helpful.

These are generic tips and not pointed to any particular program or business that one might see. This is a long ( winded lol) post so thanks for your patience ahead of time.

Questions to ask:

1. How long has the business been around? Many businesses will fail within the first two years for a variety of reasons. There are those who will say to stay away from the pre-launch or ground floor hype and while I agree with that, to me the keyword is hype, which leads me to number 2.

2. Check out any business, new or long standing for third party credibility. I am sure you have seen sites that have testimonials, but if they don't offer a way to verify the sources, stay away from it. The expression of its easy to talk the talk, but can they walk the walk is very appropriate to this tip. There are those businesses that have been around for a long time and one business comes to my mind... here are some thoughts to credibility - is the business in question in good standing with the Better Business bureau? Is it financially secure? Has it received any awards or recognition form other reputable organizations? What if any complaints have lodged against the business in mind? What do you know about the owner and staff of the business in question, you are most definitely allowed to check them out.

3. In my mind, when one is thinking of products or services, the word integrity comes to mind. Lets face it, its hard to sell something you do not know or like. With that in mind - Is the product or service useful and does it have a "stand alone" value which would be appreciated and having benefit to buyers? Can you test out the product or service in question to see if it really is as good as the advertisements say it is? What type of cash-back guarantee does it have? These are powerful motivators not only for you the affiliate, but will be even more powerful for your buyers.

4. Training and support is very important to anyone, seasoned or novice who is running their own online business. Will you be personally mentored? is there information on the business site to help you learn and even more important, if you have questions will they be answered? What tools are you given to help you get the word out about the product and service?

5. What is the compensation plan? Do you even understand what it is and is it easy to understand? here are some issues that you should be considering:

1) In a matrix type business, are you penalized for helping someone start the same business who then grows faster than you (breakaways, you don’t want that)
2). Conversely, can you do better than those who came in before you?
3). Are you paid based on products/services (to be legal) and what is that payment (% or flat rate)? Most importantly, is the plan fair and reasonable? Many business opportunities have lots of hype such as "we’ll do the work for you", "find 3 and its free"

6. Always read the legal stuff, it may be dry reading, but in the end it will be worth every agonizing moment to help you understand what you are getting into and is it going to be worth your while.

Best Regards,

@blogneta

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/28/2011 6:12:19 PM
It's great to see you Jim, it really is and I hope that you are doing well! You have asked a very good question and one I had been giving thought to. It is my understanding that this particular idea is to give people a chance to see what the top home businesses are in as an objective manner as humanly possible without and using a legal term "without prejudice"

The Adland forum in general, one can post their "business opportunities" as they will.

The advantage of talking about any home business in this manner is to give as much thought and wording about a business in a way that will indeed "sell" the idea of the business to anyone who is interested. When people vote, they are saying that something is worth while?

If a person does their job well, then I am fairly certain that all one has to do is talk to the person who has presented the business and ask questions and even sign up under them if that is their wish.

I am unsure personally if this idea will work, but it does have merit.

Are we at heart capitalists?..yeppers we sure are, but I would rather help people make good decisions based on objectivity, than say...here is my link...sign up?

It is going to be interesting to say the least, to see how this works out and I hope this idea will bear fruit in a positive way...only time will tell and only if people will participate.

Am I right or wrong... again, only time will tell

Best Regards to you

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/28/2011 6:45:28 PM
Are you right or wrong? You are right if the whole exercise increases my bottom line. Fairest answer I can give at this point. One of the biggest reasons for failure is folks are always rushed into decisions especially on company sites.

The criteria suggested is quite stringent in todays world. With all the new start ups coming online for the fall. ;-) But time will tell..

PS:

Is there truly such a thing as a generic link?

Quote:
It's great to see you Jim, it really is and I hope that you are doing well! You have asked a very good question and one I had been giving thought to. It is my understanding that this particular idea is to give people a chance to see what the top home businesses are in as an objective manner as humanly possible without and using a legal term "without prejudice"

The Adland forum in general, one can post their "business opportunities" as they will.

The advantage of talking about any home business in this manner is to give as much thought and wording about a business in a way that will indeed "sell" the idea of the business to anyone who is interested. When people vote, they are saying that something is worth while?

If a person does their job well, then I am fairly certain that all one has to do is talk to the person who has presented the business and ask questions and even sign up under them if that is their wish.

I am unsure personally if this idea will work, but it does have merit.

Are we at heart capitalists?..yeppers we sure are, but I would rather help people make good decisions based on objectivity, than say...here is my link...sign up?

It is going to be interesting to say the least, to see how this works out and I hope this idea will bear fruit in a positive way...only time will tell and only if people will participate.

Am I right or wrong... again, only time will tell

Best Regards to you

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!