Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: Forum Informum - Feedback for Business and Pleasure
6/14/2011 7:31:14 PM
Thanks Diane!

Thank you for the kind words.As you know, ROI means Return On Investment and you have a point there.Therefore I am always pointing out the need of education on internet marketing so newbies can be taken care of and learn the skills.I also agree on that we see the "cheap" advertising too often here on Adland and we have to see a change to the better concerning that.There has to be the content of truth in the advertising and marketing here or else networkers will lose their trust and confidence here.

Quote:
That is part of the problem especially here in Adland, most people have no clue what ROI means never mind what CRM or Social CRM means. It takes time and the willingness to learn not only the meanings to such things, but to also know how to apply them.

You are one of the few people that I have been watching who has not only taken the time and effort to learn, but to also ( I admit to being biased) embrace social media and especially blogs and you have made it work for you, so my hat goes off to you 100%

Most people come to Adland to sell their wares and sorry but they don't do it very well and they start out with their inviting people with sales messages...YUCK!!

If you don't believe me here is one example of what is in my email box:

EASY TO BUILD FREE ANY PURPOSE WEBSITES.

Have you ever wished you had a website but could not
find someone to build it for you?

Have you tried complicated website builders just to
get frustrated and quit?

Have you ever paid too much for a website?

Now from WomVegas.com you can get a FREE website that
is EASY to build and can be used for ANY purpose.

In just 3 minutes you will have your own website!!

We call these WOM Sites from WOM VEGAS.

and

here is an invite:

Hello! How are you feeling? My name is ***** and i love to meet people from all around the world. I would be honored to be your friend. Please feel free to check out my bio; it's loaded with links to free money, free eBooks, and more. I pray that your life is blessed with success and abundance! http://www.peoplestring.com/?u=mreman1984 FREE$ http://www.readbud.com/?ref=4155548 GET$BYREADING http://www.geostring.com/?1090667 JOIN4FREEGET10$ http://www.ebookdivision.com/e50/joshuanathanehrick 50FREEeBOOKS4LINKSTOFREE$INFO1CHANCEATTHEBOTTOM

Is this a place where I would want to come to willingly and with the excitement of talking to people? good heavens and no thanks!

Until things can be changed one way or another and until this once great community can go in one direction where it can be a win win situation, would somebody please explain to me why I would waste my time?

The ideas I put in here are ones that would be of value to others and could be set up as features, maybe it would work, maybe it wont.... I have no crystal ball.

It really is great to see you Joe and as I said before keep up with the good work
Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
6/14/2011 7:35:04 PM
I have to agree again Diane on the awful messages in an friendly invitation, it is disgusting.That kind of advertising should be banned!

Quote:
Thanks Diane!

Thank you for the kind words.As you know, ROI means Return On Investment and you have a point there.Therefore I am always pointing out the need of education on internet marketing so newbies can be taken care of and learn the skills.I also agree on that we see the "cheap" advertising too often here on Adland and we have to see a change to the better concerning that.There has to be the content of truth in the advertising and marketing here or else networkers will lose their trust and confidence here.

Quote:
That is part of the problem especially here in Adland, most people have no clue what ROI means never mind what CRM or Social CRM means. It takes time and the willingness to learn not only the meanings to such things, but to also know how to apply them.

You are one of the few people that I have been watching who has not only taken the time and effort to learn, but to also ( I admit to being biased) embrace social media and especially blogs and you have made it work for you, so my hat goes off to you 100%

Most people come to Adland to sell their wares and sorry but they don't do it very well and they start out with their inviting people with sales messages...YUCK!!

If you don't believe me here is one example of what is in my email box:

EASY TO BUILD FREE ANY PURPOSE WEBSITES.

Have you ever wished you had a website but could not
find someone to build it for you?

Have you tried complicated website builders just to
get frustrated and quit?

Have you ever paid too much for a website?

Now from WomVegas.com you can get a FREE website that
is EASY to build and can be used for ANY purpose.

In just 3 minutes you will have your own website!!

We call these WOM Sites from WOM VEGAS.

and

here is an invite:

Hello! How are you feeling? My name is ***** and i love to meet people from all around the world. I would be honored to be your friend. Please feel free to check out my bio; it's loaded with links to free money, free eBooks, and more. I pray that your life is blessed with success and abundance! http://www.peoplestring.com/?u=mreman1984 FREE$ http://www.readbud.com/?ref=4155548 GET$BYREADING http://www.geostring.com/?1090667 JOIN4FREEGET10$ http://www.ebookdivision.com/e50/joshuanathanehrick 50FREEeBOOKS4LINKSTOFREE$INFO1CHANCEATTHEBOTTOM

Is this a place where I would want to come to willingly and with the excitement of talking to people? good heavens and no thanks!

Until things can be changed one way or another and until this once great community can go in one direction where it can be a win win situation, would somebody please explain to me why I would waste my time?

The ideas I put in here are ones that would be of value to others and could be set up as features, maybe it would work, maybe it wont.... I have no crystal ball.

It really is great to see you Joe and as I said before keep up with the good work
Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2011 8:07:47 PM

In fairness the actual name ADLAND suggests to those who discover the community that Advertising is what we are about. Most people are themselves pretty ignorant and have been suckered into a programme which they are directed to advertise.

The sad thing is that when new people arrive they often pitch us. I often say to them. Post discussion and comment in forums and make friends. When you have genuine friends they won't mind you offering a genuine opportunity if it's working for you AND you ask first.

Sadly, they don't have patience.

It's VERY difficult to promote the community activities here because if, like me, you try really hard, by visiting and posting in forums and then use the message system to tell others about Forums etc. People get tired of the same old Roger Macdivitt sending messages and posts and guess what? They block or don't read my messages.

I spend a lot of time promoting but I probably annoy some people.

How should we promote interesting things within Adland?

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2011 8:53:57 PM
Roger what a joy it is to see what you have written because that is the first step to understanding.

Your one sentence says it all

"I spend a lot of time promoting but I probably annoy some people."

When you understand that anything social is all about value or another way of saying it is..forget marketing and selling, think about value and content, then you will become more transparent, you will be seen as a real person, you will show empathy and there will become an air of mutuality.

When you start building the brand in you as a person and show credibility, then anything that you are using (products) and can come from a place of knowing, then others will become much more interested.

I sometimes think that people do themselves a huge disservice by leaping into social media and forgetting the social.

Here are two examples that might be of use to you

1 I invite you over for a cup of coffee ( or tea) we sit down and one of two things can happen

a) we are sitting there and you start out selling me stuff, you are passionate about what you are selling, but the problem is...we were enjoying the coffee, I never invited you to sell me anything, but to sit down and just enjoy our commonality. I will remain polite of course, but I sure will not want you back..you are just being a salesperson.

b) we are sitting and enjoying our coffee and we are talking about our commonality and the subject comes up about our work and you (causally) talk about something that you have been trying out, the good and the bad and we really start getting into the subject, before you know it, we are coming up with ideas on how to use your product in ways that will help us..yay... we have truly connected. While I may not buy anything from you, I have enjoyed our time together. Sure I will have you back in my home and maybe that next time we see each other I will ask how it is going with that product..I may even say ( if I hear the truth that this is something that is working) hey I can use this product for me, how do I get it?

Two different ways of having a coffee one with a negative outcome and the other positive.

Example 2 comes from a friend of mine. His name is Scott and he sells Watkins. He USES the products and can tell you everything about them and he loves the business ( trust me it comes through loud and clear) when we talk we are not always talking business, but about everything under the sun. We have connected not on business, but in social and I respect him and he has developed credibility. When he needs help or guidance he will ask for it. Thankfully to date I have been able to help him out. Most of the help I give is free tools or knowledge, but there have been some things that is paid and yes has an affiliate aspect to it. I ALWAYS let him know these things so that he can choose. As a result of creating a social relationship, we are both winners.

Am I making sense?

I really do not want people to promote to me, I want to talk to people and as I get to know them, build that trust in them ( and them me) then and only then can anyone talk any form of business.

All too often people will say...try this, by that.. they are walking commercials with no depth nor purpose, you might make some sales via statistical possibilities, but will those same people come back for more?

True marketing goes by many strategies and when using any form of social media...trust me you will get banned or worse ignored if you are just going to promote

food for thought...
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2011 9:28:48 PM

Quote:
Roger what a joy it is to see what you have written because that is the first step to understanding.

Your one sentence says it all

"I spend a lot of time promoting but I probably annoy some people."

When you understand that anything social is all about value or another way of saying it is..forget marketing and selling, think about value and content, then you will become more transparent, you will be seen as a real person, you will show empathy and there will become an air of mutuality.

When you start building the brand in you as a person and show credibility, then anything that you are using (products) and can come from a place of knowing, then others will become much more interested.

I sometimes think that people do themselves a huge disservice by leaping into social media and forgetting the social.

Here are two examples that might be of use to you

1 I invite you over for a cup of coffee ( or tea) we sit down and one of two things can happen

a) we are sitting there and you start out selling me stuff, you are passionate about what you are selling, but the problem is...we were enjoying the coffee, I never invited you to sell me anything, but to sit down and just enjoy our commonality. I will remain polite of course, but I sure will not want you back..you are just being a salesperson.

b) we are sitting and enjoying our coffee and we are talking about our commonality and the subject comes up about our work and you (causally) talk about something that you have been trying out, the good and the bad and we really start getting into the subject, before you know it, we are coming up with ideas on how to use your product in ways that will help us..yay... we have truly connected. While I may not buy anything from you, I have enjoyed our time together. Sure I will have you back in my home and maybe that next time we see each other I will ask how it is going with that product..I may even say ( if I hear the truth that this is something that is working) hey I can use this product for me, how do I get it?

Two different ways of having a coffee one with a negative outcome and the other positive.

Example 2 comes from a friend of mine. His name is Scott and he sells Watkins. He USES the products and can tell you everything about them and he loves the business ( trust me it comes through loud and clear) when we talk we are not always talking business, but about everything under the sun. We have connected not on business, but in social and I respect him and he has developed credibility. When he needs help or guidance he will ask for it. Thankfully to date I have been able to help him out. Most of the help I give is free tools or knowledge, but there have been some things that is paid and yes has an affiliate aspect to it. I ALWAYS let him know these things so that he can choose. As a result of creating a social relationship, we are both winners.

Am I making sense?

I really do not want people to promote to me, I want to talk to people and as I get to know them, build that trust in them ( and them me) then and only then can anyone talk any form of business.

All too often people will say...try this, by that.. they are walking commercials with no depth nor purpose, you might make some sales via statistical possibilities, but will those same people come back for more?

True marketing goes by many strategies and when using any form of social media...trust me you will get banned or worse ignored if you are just going to promote

food for thought...

I'm glad we start to understand each other. Other's will too.

I have tried really hard to promote Adland as a Social network community but I'm sure that many think, "Oh no, not Roger again" I understand but when we have limited ways to contact people it has to be by those methods. Perhaps we need a WHAT's going on? page.

But will people bother looking?

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!