Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
9/30/2010 6:48:49 PM
HI Sara,

I love coconut I even use coconut milk, it is much lighter then cow milk. I made coconut chocolate pudding.. Boy was it good.

I also use Almond and Rice milk too. More expensive, but easier for me to digest.

Hi Phil, thanks for your forum. How about some pudding.

Hugs,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/30/2010 11:59:16 PM

Hello Sara & Myrna,

Yes Sara, the Knishes are delicious and they are really quite easy to make. I prefer to make my own dough, however, the Puff Pastry is available at most of the Grocery stores. I'm sorry that your guys don't like Coconut. Personally I love it, sometimes too much for my Sugar problems. Myrna, I don't use the Coconut milk very often for drinking, but I do use it quite a lot in cooking. I prefer Almond Milk and I use Silk PureAlmond on a daily basis. True, it's a bit more expensive but it's definitely worth the cost.

Speaking of Coconut Milk, the only Cake that my Brother will eat is my Fresh Coconut, and of course, it's made with fresh Coconut as well as fresh Coconut Milk. I make this for him usually twice per year, at Christmas and for his Birthday. It's somewhat of a major undertaking to put together, but he's worth it.

Toasted Coconut Cake w/ Coconut Filling and Coconut Buttercream

Ingredients

For the toasted coconut:

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
10/1/2010 12:55:14 AM

Phil, fresh coconut cake has always been one of my favorites. It was my Mama's favorite also. I don't think the recipe was the same but I know it had to be refrigerated.

Oh for a slice of that!!

Sara

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/1/2010 12:59:05 AM

Sara,

I love the "cat who" series. I have read all of them and wish there were more!

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/1/2010 1:15:39 AM

Hello All,

It just isn't fair for you to post so many delicious recipes plus wonderful pictures, because you are making me hungry again and I am drooling onto my keyboard.

Seriously, I hadn't stopped by the forum for awhile so had to copy about a dozen more recipes to try!

I love pickled eggs and copied that recipe, but if anyone wants to share a different version as well, that would be great. My mother had a good recipe but it has been lost and I haven't found another to my liking. I buy pickled eggs at the local grocery but they aren't as good as homemade ones.

DonnaZ

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!