Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
5/19/2012 8:38:54 PM
HI Phil,

I just found the best cake,especially for people that need gluten free cakes and breads

Flourless Honey-Almond Cake
Active Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours
Yield: 10 servings
Honey and almonds flavor this simple (and gluten-free) cake. It’s lovely for afternoon tea or a spring holiday dessert. Be careful not to overbeat the egg whites—they should be white and very foamy, but not at all stiff or able to hold peaks. If you beat them too much, the cake may sink in the middle as it cools.

Make Ahead Tip: Store the cooled cake airtight at room temperature for up to 1 day. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with almonds just before serving. | Equipment: 9-inch springform pan, parchment paper
RECIPE INGREDIENTS
For Cake:
1 1/2 cups whole almonds, toasted
4 large eggs, at room temperature, separated
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
For Topping:
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted

: To toast whole almonds, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes. To toast sliced almonds, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.

Note: Eggs must be at room temperature for the proteins to unwind enough to support the cake’s crumb. Either set the eggs out on the counter for 15 minutes or submerge them in their shells in a bowl of lukewarm (not hot) water for 5 minutes before using.

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper and spray the paper.

Process whole almonds in a food processor or blender until finely ground (you will have about 13/4 cups ground). Beat 4 egg yolks, 1/2 cup honey, vanilla, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer (or use a paddle attachment on a stand mixer) on medium speed until well combined. Add the ground almonds and beat on low until combined.

Beat 4 egg whites in another large bowl with the electric mixer (use clean beaters on a hand-held mixer or the whisk attachment on a stand mixer) on medium speed until very foamy, white and doubled in volume, but not stiff enough to hold peaks, 1 to 2 minutes (depending on the type of mixer). Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the nut mixture until just combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake the cake until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 28 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan and gently remove the side ring. Let cool completely.

If desired, remove the cake from the pan bottom by gently sliding a large, wide spatula between the cake and the parchment paper. Carefully transfer the cake to a serving platter. To serve, drizzle the top of the cake with honey and sprinkle with sliced almonds.

Recipe reprinted by permission of © EatingWell Magazine. All rights reserved.
Date Added: 03/01/2009
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/24/2012 10:52:56 PM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the recipe. That Cake looks Yummy!

As we warm up for a Happy Memorial Day Weekend, tonight we've got a great Chicken marinade! Just be sure to allow chicken to marinate for no longer than 4 hours, because the lemon juice will begin to cook the chicken. When grilled, the chicken turns a beautiful caramel color, which makes great presentation. Combine it with some delicious and healthy Brussels Sprouts to finish out your meal in style.

Pretty Chicken Marinade

Ingredients

• 1 cup olive oil
  • 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
  • 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
  • 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

1. In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, liquid smoke, mustard, pepper, and garlic powder. Place chicken in the bowl, and coat with the marinade. Cover, and allow chicken to marinate a maximum of 4 hours in the refrigerator.
  2. Preheat the grill for high heat.
  3. Oil grill grate. Discard marinade, and place chicken on grate. Cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear. Serves 6.

Also, I hope you'll try this tasty side dish that combines the flavors of garlic and pancetta with Brussels Sprouts.

Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients

• 4-1/2 cups water
  • 1-1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 3/4 pound pancetta bacon, diced
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper

Directions

1. Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add Brussels sprouts, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. They should still be slightly firm. Drain, and rinse with cold water. Slice the sprouts in half, and set aside.
  2. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and pancetta; cook and stir for about 5 minutes, until garlic is lightly browned. Add the remaining olive oil and Brussels sprouts. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring until the sprouts are well coated with the flavor. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 more minutes before serving. Serves 6.

Have A Safe & Happy Memorial Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/25/2012 12:50:28 AM
hi Phil. not to say the brussel spout dish isn't great like it is... but it could turn into a lovely luncheon salad.

Add one of those bagged ROMAINE salad mixes and grate some Parmesan cheese and you have a yummy delish salad!! For a little zip... add thin sliced red onions.

THANK YOU PHIL AND MYRNA.

have a nice Memorial day.

pat (hungry!!!)

VERY healthy.

Quote:

Also, I hope you'll try this tasty side dish that combines the flavors of garlic and pancetta with Brussels Sprouts.

Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients

• 4-1/2 cups water
  • 1-1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 3/4 pound pancetta bacon, diced
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper

Directions

1. Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add Brussels sprouts, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. They should still be slightly firm. Drain, and rinse with cold water. Slice the sprouts in half, and set aside.
  2. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and pancetta; cook and stir for about 5 minutes, until garlic is lightly browned. Add the remaining olive oil and Brussels sprouts. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring until the sprouts are well coated with the flavor. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 more minutes before serving. Serves 6.

Have A Safe & Happy Memorial Day,

Phil

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/1/2012 9:10:14 PM

Hello Friends,

Here's one of my favorite recipes! I make this way too often, but it's so quick and easy! I like to serve this along with rice and broccoli. Of course, I generally use no-calorie Miracle Rice.

Salmon with Brown Sugar Glaze

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 6 (6 ounce) boneless salmon fillets
  • salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions

1. Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack at about 6 inches from the heat source; prepare the rack of a broiler pan with cooking spray.
  2. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and arrange onto the prepared broiler pan. Whisk together the brown sugar and Dijon mustard in a small bowl; spoon mixture evenly onto top of salmon fillets.
  3. Cook under the preheated broiler until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes. Serves 6.

Have A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/2/2012 1:16:53 AM
i am so hungry. thanks phil for the good salmon recipe.

i made potato salad 2 hours ago. it needs to sit in fridge a while longer. we are grilling burgers in our george foreman grill

pat

Quote:

Hello Friends,

Here's one of my favorite recipes! I make this way too often, but it's so quick and easy! I like to serve this along with rice and broccoli. Of course, I generally use no-calorie Miracle Rice.

Salmon with Brown Sugar Glaze

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 6 (6 ounce) boneless salmon fillets
  • salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions

1. Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack at about 6 inches from the heat source; prepare the rack of a broiler pan with cooking spray.
  2. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and arrange onto the prepared broiler pan. Whisk together the brown sugar and Dijon mustard in a small bowl; spoon mixture evenly onto top of salmon fillets.
  3. Cook under the preheated broiler until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes. Serves 6.

Have A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!