Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
7/3/2012 2:07:54 AM

Hello Everyone,

I'm afraid that I've been away for awhile, but it's the 4th of July this week, so I just had to fire up the grill again. Not just for stuffing, sage also works great with any poultry, including today's Garlic- and Herb-Coated Chicken.

Garlic & Herb Coated Chicken

teaspoon dried sage leaves
1/2
teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2
teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
1/4
teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
garlic cloves, minced
tablespoons olive oil
boneless skinless chicken breast halves
  1. Heat closed contact grill for 5 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken breast halves; mix well. Place chicken on sheet of waxed paper. Brush or rub mixture onto all sides of chicken.
  3. When grill is heated, place chicken on bottom grill surface. Close grill; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear. Makes 4 servings

You may want to go ahead and double this recipe, and use the leftover chicken breasts to add flavor to other dishes. Cube chicken and toss with pasta salad or slice leftover chicken to add wonderful flavor to warm pasta dishes. You can also shred the chicken and use it in chicken salad.

For a tasty Side sish, you don't need to heat up the whole house for baked beans--slow cook them! Get the same spicy brown sugar taste, and let your slow cooker take the heat.

Slow Cooked Baked Beans

cans (28 ounces each) vegetarian baked beans, drained
medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
2/3
cup barbecue sauce
1/2
cup packed brown sugar
tablespoons ground mustard
  1. Mix all ingredients in 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker.
  2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 to 5 hours (or high heat setting 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes) or until desired consistency. Makes 12 servings

Wishing You A Safe & Happy 4th,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/3/2012 9:43:28 AM

May I wish you and all of my American friends a very happy 4th of July.

I can still remember how I was spoiled and overfed on the 4th whilst in San Diego a few years ago.

Have a GREAT TIME PHIL AND FRIENDS

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/19/2012 9:17:11 PM

Hello Roger & Friends,

Tonight we'll keep it simple. Just season and grill, this main dish is done in half an hour. Of course, Grilled Veggies pairs perfectly with this tenderloin because the vegetables can cook alongside the pork.

Grilled Lemon-Pepper Pork Tenderloin

teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2
teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2
teaspoon coarse ground pepper
1/2
teaspoon paprika
1/4
teaspoon dried thyme or marjoram leaves
pork tenderloins (about 3/4 lb each)
teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
  1. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. In small bowl, mix all ingredients except pork and oil. Brush oil over all sides of pork. Rub lemon peel mixture over pork.
  2. Cover and grill pork over medium-low heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until pork has slight blush of pink in center and meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F.
  3. Remove pork from grill; cover with foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Makes 6 servings.

Have A Wonderful Evening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/21/2012 5:57:25 AM
hi phil !!!!

love that pork. thank you for the yummy recipe. we got a little bbq first of july. hubby and i celebrated 25th wedding anniversary and this was our gift to each other. it works wonderful we got a infra red model made by charbroil.

it is so easy to use and grills the meat just right.

pat

Quote:

Hello Roger & Friends,

Tonight we'll keep it simple. Just season and grill, this main dish is done in half an hour. Of course, Grilled Veggies pairs perfectly with this tenderloin because the vegetables can cook alongside the pork.

Grilled Lemon-Pepper Pork Tenderloin

teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2
teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2
teaspoon coarse ground pepper
1/2
teaspoon paprika
1/4
teaspoon dried thyme or marjoram leaves
pork tenderloins (about 3/4 lb each)
teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
  1. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. In small bowl, mix all ingredients except pork and oil. Brush oil over all sides of pork. Rub lemon peel mixture over pork.
  2. Cover and grill pork over medium-low heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until pork has slight blush of pink in center and meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F.
  3. Remove pork from grill; cover with foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Makes 6 servings.

Have A Wonderful Evening,

Phil

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/21/2012 7:08:37 PM

Hi Pat,

So glad you stopped by and a Belated Happy 25th Anniversary. Although I never made it to 25 years with any of mine, I'm always happy for those who can and I want to wish you both many more happy years together.

Since we're talking about sweet things, here's a little something sweet that you can both share. Just remember how wonderful that smell was coming from the Cinnabon Store, the last time you went to the Mall. Now you can save yourself a lot of money by making your own homemade cinnamon rolls! The dough is made in the bread machine and everything else is done by hand.

Clone of a Cinnabon

Ingredients

• 1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 1/3 cup margarine, melted
  • 4 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions

1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
  2. After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
  3. Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  4. Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving. Yields 1 Dozen.

Have A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!