Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
4/25/2012 11:36:11 PM

Hello Everyone,

In this Evening's selection, a creamy honey mustard basting sauce gets added zip from steak sauce. Hope you all enjoy this simple, tangy, delicious grilled chicken dish.

Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons honey
  • 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons steak sauce
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

1. Preheat the grill for medium heat.
  2. In a shallow bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and steak sauce. Set aside a small amount of the honey mustard sauce for basting, and dip the chicken into the remaining sauce to coat.
  3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken over indirect heat for 18 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until juices run clear. Baste occasionally with the reserved sauce during the last 10 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Serves 4-6.

These Asparagus Spears are pan-fried with onion and Italian seasonings, then covered with Parmesan cheese for an easy and flavorful side dish. This cheesy Italian-style asparagus basically made many of my friends respect me as a chef. One of the best asparagus dishes out there.

Italian-Grilled Asparagus

Ingredients

• 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
  • 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
  • 3 pinches Italian herb seasoning
  • 3/8 onion, chopped
  • salt and ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 cup and 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

1. Melt butter in a large skillet with olive oil over medium heat; place asparagus spears in the skillet.
  2. When asparagus starts to sizzle slightly, drizzle in the hot pepper sauce and add almonds, Italian seasoning, and onion to the skillet.
  3. Move the asparagus around in the skillet with a spoon to expose almonds and onion to the butter and oil; cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and season with salt and black pepper.
  4. Sprinkle asparagus with Parmesan cheese and heat until cheese melts, about 5 more minutes. Serves 4-6.

Have A Wonderful Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/27/2012 8:51:36 PM
Hello My Friends,

In today's Seafood Recipe, the Halibut's smooth, buttery texture is accented by the sharp brininess of the clams. Be sure not to overcook the halibut; its texture is best when the fish is just barely cooked through. To make it a complete meal, serve with a green side salad and the Steamed Jasmine Rice shown below.

Braised Halibut with Leeks, Mushrooms, and Clams

4 oz. (½ cup) unsalted butter
½ lb. oyster or hen of the woods mushrooms, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
3 large leeks, white and light-green parts only, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 cups lower-salt chicken broth
4 skinless Pacific halibut fillets (about 4 oz. each)
16 to 24 small clams, such as Manila or littlenecks, scrubbed
1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Melt the butter over medium heat in an 11- or 12-inch straight-sided sauté pan with a lid. Add the mushrooms and leeks and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook gently, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the broth, raise the heat to medium high, and bring to a boil.

Season the halibut with salt and pepper. Nestle the fish and clams among the vegetables in the skillet. Bring the broth back to a boil, cover tightly, and reduce the heat to low. Cook gently until the fish is just cooked through and the clams have opened, about 7 minutes. If all of the clams are not open, remove the fish and the open clams and continue cooking until the remaining clams open, another 2 to 3 minutes. Discard any clams that haven’t opened by this time.

Serve the fish in warmed shallow soup bowls, topped with leeks and mushrooms, surrounded by clams and broth, and sprinkled with chopped parsley. Serves 4.

Steamed Jasmine Rice

1 cup jasmine rice
1/2 tsp. kosher salt (optional)

Wash the rice well by putting it in a bowl and covering it with cool water. Swish the rice around with your hand until the water gets cloudy. Drain and repeat until the water gets only slightly cloudy; usually it takes about three rinses.

Drain the rice, put it in a small (1-qt) metal bowl, and stir in 1 cup cold water and the salt, if using. Fit a rack or steaming trivet into a pot large enough to accommodate the bowl. Pour about an inch of water into the pot. Put the bowl of rice on the rack (it shouldn’t touch the water in the pot), cover the pot, and bring the water in the pot to a boil over high heat. As soon as the water in the pot begins to boil, set a timer for 25 minutes and reduce the heat to maintain a steady amount of steam. When the timer goes off, take the pot off the heat and use tongs or a hot pad to remove the hot bowl from the pot. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve. Serves 4.

Have A Happy Friday Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/8/2012 3:30:31 AM

Hello Everyone,

Here's another one for the grill, but tonight we have Grilled Chicken with a combination of beer, lime juice and spices. It's just amazing.

Beer Lime Grilled Chicken

Ingredients

• 1-1/2 lime, juiced
  • 1-1/2 (12 fluid ounce) cans light colored beer
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • Salt and pepper
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

1. In a bowl, mix the lime juice, beer, honey, garlic, cilantro, and salt and pepper until the honey dissolves. Pour the mixture over the chicken, cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate. Remove chicken from marinade and shake off excess; discard remaining marinade. Grill chicken until tender and juices run clear, about 7 minutes per side. Serves 6.

To serve with your Chicken, instead of eating baked potatoes the old fashioned way with gobs of butter, you might try this simple recipe to put a little twist on them.

Grilled Baked Potatoes

Ingredients

• 4 large baking potatoes, quartered
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
  • salt to taste

Directions

1. Place the potatoes into a large pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
  2. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Drain potatoes and toss with olive oil, black pepper, rosemary and salt to taste.
  3. Place the potatoes skin-side down over indirect heat on the grill and reserve liquid. Grill for about 15 minutes. Remove potatoes to a serving plate and sprinkle with the reserved olive oil mixture. Serves 6.

Have A Marvelous Monday,

Phil

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/8/2012 4:19:47 AM
Hi Phil,

The grilled chicken and grilled potatoes, sure look good. Got to get some potatoes first. I love potatoes, when I got groceries I thought I had more potatoes, guess what, I am out of potatoes

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/8/2012 11:03:08 PM
hi phil and friends. i found a good recipe on one of my favorite facebook pages. it is for a grilled pork. here is the recipe from http://www.facebook.com/PorkBeInspired . Enjoy

Grilled Pork Chops with Basil-Garlic Rub

Cook Time: 10 minutes

4 pork bone-in rib chops, 3/4-inch thick

Basil-Garlic Rub:

2 cloves garlic , peeled
1 cup fresh basil, packed
2 tablespoons lemon juice , fresh
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Cooking Directions Icon

Cooking Directions

With machine running, drop garlic through feed tube of food processor to mince. Stop, add fresh basil, and process until chopped. Add lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper and process to make thin wet rub. Spread both sides of pork chops with basil mixture. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes.

Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Brush the grate clean and oil the grate. Grill chops, over direct heat, turning once, to medium rare doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.

Makes 4 servings

Serving Suggestions Icon

Serving Suggestions

Top the chop with shavings of Parmesan cheese (shave from a wedge of cheese with a vegetable peeler) and toasted pine nuts, if desired. Serve with slices of ripe tomatoes and mozzarella on a bed of arugula drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil or with the Pantry Basil-Garlic Rub.

http://www.porkbeinspired.com/RecipeDetail/2558/Grilled_Pork_Chops_with_Basil-Garlic_Rub.aspx

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!